Immersion Station II brings you infinite ambient music, created from the soundworlds of ambient music pioneer Steve Roach. In this second version of Immersion Station, Steve draws from his recent atmospherics heard on the release Back to Life. Immersion II also makes use of the most recent Immersion Station, which includes support for iPhone 5, AirPlay and sharing via Twitter.
Immersion Station is an elegant interactive sound immersion tool. Create infinite mix combinations from five different loops of varied lengths for endless playback. These sounds have been extracted from the heart of Steve Roach’s soundworlds and carefully chosen for a congruent relationship allowing the user to sculpt constantly changing ambient music.
The Immersion Station interface and application, created by Software Artist Eric Freeman (working closely with Steve), allows you to mix loops using a simple, intuitive, interactive and organic interface that is reflective of Steve's work. You can visit http://www.immersionstation.com for a complete demonstration.
* Easily create custom soundscapes from Steve Roach's source loops
* Includes 80 megabytes of loops custom crafted by Steve Roach
* Includes four custom mixes from Steve Roach
* Each mix provides constantly changing ambient music
* Save your own mixes at any time
* Use AirPlay to stream your music anywhere
* Share your mixes with Twitter
* Control the volume or stereo pan of each loop
* Incubate new mixes using the evolve function
* Plays music in the background
* Optimized with HD Images for iPhone 4 and iPhone 5
* CD quality sound
* Supports Apple's remote interface for controlling playback
* User's guide provided in the App and online
Recommended for headphones or external speakers.
This is an update for iOS 11 and 64-bit. Underneath it's the same Immersion Station you know and love.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Majestic Traveling Companion
Perfection. This vast and versatile soundscape app is like having a Steve Roach Spundquest concert in your pocket. The different looping sound worlds offer listeners a deep experience of relaxation and 'inner travel', while the variety of possible combinations from user-shaped ambient blending is like stepping into your own Timeroom of sonic creativity. Perfect for resting, sleeping/dreaming, painting, writing, doing massage or yoga.
I've been a huge fan of Steve Roach, a legend of trance-tribal ambient music for decades. These apps ingeniously design by Eric Freeman with Steve bring together visual Art design, on-the-go tech, and lush ambient loops in a seamless way. They are infinite as you can interact and create and store your own loops with titles you dream up! Beyond cool! Bravo!
Of all of the Immersion stations, this my absolute favorite. The moment I started the app, I felt instant joy. It’s perfect for sleeping, meditating and studying. I love the ability to create my own mixes to compliment whatever I’m doing.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.