–– Achieve your New Year’s Resolutions - be productive, on task & end procrastination
–– stickK: the poster child of Behavioral Economics (featured in over a dozen books) just turned 12 years old!
No matter what your goal is - meditate, learn a language, lose weight, quit smoking or drinking, watch less TV, exercise more often… stickK can motivate and help you achieve it! End procrastination once and for all. Hold yourself accountable. Turn your goals into habits.
Created by a Behavioral Economist and a Law Professor from Yale University, stickK is a goal-setting platform, habit tracker and online community of goal-setters. Our platform is designed to motivate and help you achieve your goals by leveraging the power of incentives, financial accountability and social accountability to your advantage.
–– HOW IT WORKS
Trick yourself into a virtuous cycle, turn your goal into a habit and stop procrastinating once and for all: create a Commitment Contract between *present* you and *future* you.
1. Set your goal - ANY goal (lose weight, self-care, meditation, finish thesis…) and a timeline to achieve it
2. Invite someone - a friend, coworker or family member - to hold you accountable & verify your progress
3. Put your money where your mouth is! Set a price on inaction - add Stakes to your commitment (optional)
4. Track your progress by reporting your successes or failures daily, weekly OR at the end of your Commitment Contract
–– INCENTIVES x ACCOUNTABILITY = KEY TO SUCCESS
– ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER
• Invite a Referee that can verify your progress reports. They’ll have the final word on your Report and will be an essential part of your journey.
• We’ll take their word over yours, so pick wisely!
– FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Add Stakes to your commitment and increase the chances of success
• If you’re unsuccessful, stickK will hold you accountable and send the amount at stake you pledged to:
• A friend
• Charity (from a list of 20+ 501(c)(3) organizations)
Or our most popular option:
• An Anti Charity (an organization or foundation you fervently oppose)
Get an extra kick of motivation and select an Anti-Charity. Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands ;)
– SOCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Upload pictures of your progress and share with friends & family
• Invite Supporters to become your personal cheerleaders and source of motivation
– PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Track your routine from start to finish in your Commitment Journal: record your thoughts, comments & – see yourself grow!
• Submit daily, weekly or periodic Reports: whether it’s a daily chore, a new habit, or a long-term commitment, stickK’s platform can suit any goal
–– SUPPORT NETWORK - GET MOTIVATED! JOIN A COMMUNITY OF ½ A MILLION GOAL SETTERS
With a vibrant support network of over 600,000 users, stickK Communities provide an unrivaled level of motivation and inspiration for like-minded goal setters.
See what others like you are committing to, motivate them with your creative Commitments and share your progress! Our Communities include:
• Diet & Healthy Eating
• Education & Knowledge
• Exercise & Fitness
• Family & Relationships
• Green Initiatives
• Money & Finance
• Weight Loss
• Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
• Health & Lifestyle
So whether you’re the everyday slacker trying to get some clarity in life with routine meditations, a life-long smoker who is looking to quit once and for all, or the casual runner looking to step-it-up and run a marathon— stickK is the most motivating habit tracker out there that challenges you to stick(K) to your word, regardless of the goal!
Now with DAILY REPORTING. Plan, track and report on your goals daily.
–– As seen on The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, The Economist, NPR, LA Times … and lots more!
–– HAVING TROUBLE?
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com
• DAILY HABIT TRACKING, now on stickK. You asked, we delivered. Just in time for your 2020 New Year’s Resolutions.
Now you can report daily on stickK!
• Share your progress to your favorite social network, right from your Commitment page:
1. Press ‘Share’ (top-right)
2. Snap (or pick) a photo. Add custom stickers & emojis
3. Share it on your favorite social network, or via email - it will also be posted on your Commitment Journal
• If you enjoy using stickK, please take a minute to share some feedback with us!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app overall
First off, fantastic app overall - really helps me get things done. One thing I’d like to see changed is the option of setting the “end of commitment” date to the same day or the next day rather than two days after the commitment. Sometimes I want to get a particular task done by the end of the day with a reminder from stickk that evening or the next day rather than two days afterward. Thanks for making this app/website!
Developer Response ,
We are working hard to bring Daily Reports and different methods of checking into your Commitment Contract in the upcoming months! These are changes that we are very excited to bring to our users due to popular demand. Thank you so much for your thorough feedback - it’s always welcome :) If you are in need of any assistance or have other ideas on how we can improve, simply write us at firstname.lastname@example.org. - The stickK Team
Cool concept but too many bugs
At first I thought this sounded like a good idea. Something that would encourage me to stick with my plan to meet my goals sounded wonderful. So I signed up. Two goals. This app doesn't work properly. Actually the Stickk website has issues too. Right off the bat, I didn't get any reminder emails to update my reports. The website didn't remind me, nor did the app notify me if I had a report due. I contacted them and was taken through a series of checks to see if I had everything set up correctly. I did. So I ended up setting my own reminders in my iCal so I wouldn't forget to submit my reports. The only email reminders I got were AFTER I submitted my report...at that point it would remind me. And I NEVER got reminders from the app either. I don't have much patience for such a buggy system. I mean, seriously, aren't the Stickk people responsible for making sure their system works??? I never missed a report so I didn't lose any money, but I was very put off by the problems. I won't be doing this again.
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry to hear about the issues that you had receiving your Report Reminders. We completely understand how important these reminders are for keeping stickK users on track to hit their goals, and we are more than happy to help make sure you don't run into this issue again.
We are aware of a recent issue that temporarily caused Report Reminders to be delayed or not sent. This was immediately addressed by our tech team who was able to fix the issue to ensure Report Reminders continued sending out in a timely manner. If you find that you're still having trouble getting these reminders, can you reach back out to our support team by emailing support@stickK.com and referencing this review? We'll be able to look into this further from there.
I have been using this app for about a year and found it to be very useful. I had taken down a previous review that was negative for not having a way to correct a report that had a mistake. However, their customer support contacted me, correcting the report and said that a refund was on the way. So all in all, this app has worked out well. The only thing I would ask of them would be for Stickk to add an article on their FAQs or help database on what to do if a reporting mistake had happened. That way, we can alleviate the panic attack of having sent money to an anti-charity. ;)
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for taking the time to update your review! As you requested, we have updated our Help Center to include an article related to correcting Reports that were submitted by mistake. We are always striving to make the stickK experience as seamless, intuitive and transparent as possible, and we could not do it without feedback from committed users like you! If you have any other ideas on how we can improve, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@stickK.com - The stickK Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.