-A simple & easy to use Commitment Device backed by Behavioral Economic theory
-stickK: The Behavioral Economics Poster Child, featured in over 60 Books and 20 Textbooks
stickK: the poster child of Behavioral Economics (featured in over 60 books and 20 textbooks) turns 14 years old!
As seen on The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Bloomberg, The Economist, NPR, LA Times … and lots more!
Created by a Behavioral Economists from Yale University, stickK is a goal-setting platform, habit tracker and online community of goal-setters. Our platform is designed to motivate and help you achieve your goals by leveraging the power of incentives, financial accountability and social accountability to your advantage.
No matter what your goal is - meditate, learn a language, lose weight, quit smoking or drinking, exercise more often… stickK can motivate and help you achieve it! End procrastination once and for all. Hold yourself accountable. Turn your goals into habits.
HOW IT WORKS
Trick yourself into a virtuous cycle, turn your goal into a habit and stop procrastinating once and for all: create a Commitment Contract between present you and future you.
1. Set your goal - ANY goal (lose weight, self-care, meditation, finish thesis…) and a timeline to achieve it
2. Invite someone - a friend, coworker or family member - to hold you accountable and verify your progress
3. Put your money where your mouth is! Set a price on inaction - add Stakes to your commitment (optional)
4. Track your progress by reporting your successes or failures daily, weekly OR at the end of your Commitment Contract
INCENTIVES x ACCOUNTABILITY = TO SUCCESS
- Invite a Referee that can verify your progress reports. They’ll have the final word on your Report and will be an essential part of your journey.
- We’ll take their word over yours, so pick wisely!
- Add Stakes to your commitment and increase the chances of success
- If you’re unsuccessful, stickK will hold you accountable and send the amount at stake you pledged to:
- A friend
- Charity (from a list of 20+ 501(c)(3) organizations)
- Or our most popular option:
- An Anti Charity (an organization or foundation you fervently oppose)
Get an extra kick of motivation and select an Anti-Charity. Research shows that people work harder to ensure that their money never falls into the wrong hands ;)
- Upload pictures of your progress and share with friends & family
- Invite Supporters to become your personal cheerleaders and source of motivation
- Track your routine from start to finish in your Commitment Journal: record your thoughts, comments & – see yourself grow!
- Submit daily, weekly or periodic Reports: whether it’s a daily chore, a new habit, or a long-term commitment, stickK’s platform can suit any goal
SUPPORT NETWORK - GET MOTIVATED! JOIN A COMMUNITY OF ½ A MILLION GOAL SETTERS
With a vibrant support network of over 600,000 users, stickK Communities provide an unrivaled level of motivation and inspiration for like-minded goal setters.
See what others like you are committing to, motivate them with your creative Commitments and share your progress! Our Communities include:
• Diet & Healthy Eating
• Education & Knowledge
• Exercise & Fitness
• Family & Relationships
• Green Initiatives
• Money & Finance
• Weight Loss
• Sports, Hobbies & Recreation
• Health & Lifestyle
Whether you’re the everyday slacker trying to get some clarity in life with routine meditations, a life-long smoker who is looking to quit once and for all, or the casual runner that wants to step-it-up and run a marathon— stickK is the most motivating habit tracker out there that challenges you to stick(K) to your word, regardless of the goal!
Now with Daily Check-ins to track your progress daily. Daily planner & habit tracker.
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at support@stickK.com.
NEW: Share your progress to your favorite social network, right from your Commitment page:
1. Press ‘Share’ (top-right)
2. Snap (or pick) a photo. Add custom stickers & emojis
3. Share it on your favorite social network, your Commitment Journal or via SMS / Email
FIXED: Bug fixes related to reporting on iPhone 13
Ratings and Reviews
I like it in general. It helped me setting a goal and tracking my adherence. I only have two complaints. First, it takes too long for a screen to refresh. My goals are set up so I submit daily reports. A single yes/no click takes about 20 seconds to refresh. And in about 10% of time I get an error and I have to do it again. Second, the reporting question I get on the companion website is different from the phone app, and is very confusing. In the phone app, it asks whether I was successful (usually a yes) and whether I would like to write something in the journal (usually a no). On the website, I am asked whether I was successful (usually a yes) and WHETHER THIS REPORT IS CORRECT (usually a yes). Numerous times I hit yes and no, and wondered why my report never got submitted. It is a minor annoyance but I can’t be the only one annoyed!
Cool concept but too many bugs
At first I thought this sounded like a good idea. Something that would encourage me to stick with my plan to meet my goals sounded wonderful. So I signed up. Two goals. This app doesn't work properly. Actually the Stickk website has issues too. Right off the bat, I didn't get any reminder emails to update my reports. The website didn't remind me, nor did the app notify me if I had a report due. I contacted them and was taken through a series of checks to see if I had everything set up correctly. I did. So I ended up setting my own reminders in my iCal so I wouldn't forget to submit my reports. The only email reminders I got were AFTER I submitted my report...at that point it would remind me. And I NEVER got reminders from the app either. I don't have much patience for such a buggy system. I mean, seriously, aren't the Stickk people responsible for making sure their system works??? I never missed a report so I didn't lose any money, but I was very put off by the problems. I won't be doing this again.
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry to hear about the issues that you had receiving your Report Reminders. We completely understand how important these reminders are for keeping stickK users on track to hit their goals, and we are more than happy to help make sure you don't run into this issue again.
We are aware of a recent issue that temporarily caused Report Reminders to be delayed or not sent. This was immediately addressed by our tech team who was able to fix the issue to ensure Report Reminders continued sending out in a timely manner. If you find that you're still having trouble getting these reminders, can you reach back out to our support team by emailing support@stickK.com and referencing this review? We'll be able to look into this further from there.
Update-Don’t bother with this, horrible
After posting previous review I did finally get a response. They were very helpful and refunded my money. For that reason I did up their rating from 1 to 3 stars.
Customer support is non existent. Was charged $25 even though I checked in. Have tried to contact them going on three weeks about how to close my account and make sure they no longer have access to my credit card number. Y’all are better off going a real life support group more effective and it’s free.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and alert us of this issue. First off, we sincerely apologize that you had trouble getting in touch with our Customer Support Team. We pride ourselves on delivering users with top-rate Customer Support and are upset to hear that this was not your experience - users should never have trouble getting in contact with us. Can you please contact us immediately at support@stickK.com so that we can take care of any outstanding requests you may have (e.g. issue a refund, remove your payment details, etc.)?
The stickK Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- stickK.com, LLC
- 57.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 stickK.com, LLC - All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.