"It's perfect, honestly." - Myke Hurley, Connected
"What makes Sticky Widgets great is the simplicity of the experience." - Ryan Christoffel, MacStories
"This is a great concept." - Dave Mark, The Loop
Welcome to Sticky Widgets, the absolute easiest way to put a sticky note on your home screen and edit it quickly. Add as many Sticky Widgets as you'd like, in all three widget sizes. It's simple!
1. Add a Sticky Widget to your home screen
2. Tap on the widget to edit it
3. That's about it!
Thanks as always for your feedback and support. Here's another update for you!
- No longer will you see the brief glimpse of the instruction screen when you tap on a widget to edit it, making this idea of editing text directly from system widgets even more seamless.
- There's better explanation in the app for how to make more than one note. Remember: there's really no real reason to open the app via the app icon. Go ahead and hide that in your App Library.
- For power users, there's now a URL scheme to auto-populate a note, allowing you to save in one tap: sticky-widgets://create?text=Some%20text%20here
- Additionally there's some UI improvements across the board to improve usability
- This build fixes an issue where the app clears out prematurely when going to the background
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app. Update problems
I like the app. Very simple and useful. However, the update erased my note, and I see no way to change fonts, alignment, etc, including the premium features I purchased. Settings for the app have almost nothing. I am running iOS 14.0.1 on a 11 Pro Max. I’m still rating it 5-stars, because I expect the problem to be solved. One possible clue, something seems to flash before the keyboard appears, but then is hidden by the keyboard, which I see no way to lower. Could that be where the settings are supposed to be.
Update: I tried this on my iPad and saw a note to long-press the note to access settings. This works, so the lost note is the only casualty; fortunately I only had one, but I’d be pretty annoyed if I had a bunch.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and the update. I'm glad you were able to access settings.
Good concept. Needs work.
On my iPhone, the font can now be smaller when inputting it, but on the note it’s so big that it wraps a single word. I wrote Respond and half the word is on the next line. Seems scaling should be turned on.
Also I did try adding several widgets to have several notes. They all had the same single note on it and when I changed one, they all changed.
The restore feature does nothing.
The first widget let me select one of three colors. Adding another widget and that was taken away and only yellow remained.
This is a good try but not yet ready to work.
-edit as developer responded
Starting to see some progress here but still lacks some basic things.
The developer sounds a lot like an engineer, needs to work a bit more UX. Sure stickies should be numbered but with no list to select the numbers, and no labels for the numbers all you have is a guess unless you are one of those people that remembers a random number and your note.
Basically, the concept needs to be reworked as a note platform first, with a sticky note option. Simple delete a note swipe. Select which note will be on the widget from the main app with a simple select or check box. Speaking of check boxes, you should be able to prioritize and dismiss a sticky note so it can be used like a to do list. Add alarm functionality and you have a basic app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the review A few things:
- Version 1.3 fixes the issue where single words would wrap. I also added a manual text size settings for even more control over the sizing in that version.
- There's a system bug that will occasionally report multiple widgets back as one. If you change one widget's Note ID, it'll appear unique and let you have multiple different notes.
- "Restore" is to restore a previously purchased upgrade. A future build will have a better label on it.
On the right track and improving!
Update on App. Developer contacted me about updates he made to App. Thank you Tyler. Good job at listening to input thank you. I want you to have the best sticky widget ever. Keep up the good work. Five stars. Keep improving and I’ll soon be happy to pay for App.
This app is almost there. It’s a good start. How do you delete a note from the saved notes area? It would be nice to be able to stack the notes. If it had a settings feature then we could create a new note and not have to double tap an existing note to create a new note. There’s room for lots of improvement. Thanks. Keep up the good work
Developer Response ,
Hi there, in version 1.2, I added the ability to delete notes from the Saved Notes tab. (If you want them to just go away from your home screen, you can remove the widget by long-holding and tapping Remove Widget.)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.