"It's perfect, honestly." - Myke Hurley, Connected
"What makes Sticky Widgets great is the simplicity of the experience." - Ryan Christoffel, MacStories
"This is a great concept." - Dave Mark, The Loop
Welcome to Sticky Widgets, the absolute easiest way to put a sticky note on your home screen and edit it quickly. Add as many Sticky Widgets as you'd like, in every widget size. It's simple! It works on iPad! You can now even pin notes to your Lock Screen so they're visible even when your phone is locked!
1. Add a Sticky Widget to your home screen
2. Tap on the widget to edit it
3. That's about it!
But that's not all. Once you have a widget in place, you can customize it: change color, background, font, alignment, size, even rotation! And your widgets now sync to your iCloud account, meaning you can put a note on multiple devices logged into the same Apple ID and they'll stay in sync.
Sticky Widgets supports deep system integration with Siri, Shortcuts, the Dynamic Island, and more so there are even more ways to view and update your notes and lists.
Thanks for using Sticky Widgets! This update includes lots of improvements, including:
- List item reordering, one of the most highly-requested features
- A much improved list editing interface
- Search functionality for the card-style note display interface
- The ability to either go back to the note list or close out of the app, no matter how you opened the widget editor (another highly-requested feature)
- Some fun AI-generated default presents for upgraded users
- Fixed some issues that will make widgets on the Home Screen update much more reliably
- Provided some new upgrade options for new users
- Added some behind-the-scenes functionality to help in the case iOS forgets your widget setup
- This update fixes an issue where previously-upgraded users could not restore purchases in some cases
Ratings and Reviews
This app takes great advantage of iOS 14's widgets and nails the functionality of putting reminders or short lists directly on your Home Screen. I've been using it alongside my more full featured todo app (which can easily get cluttered) to simply ID the top 3-5 things to do in a given day, and then they are in front of me every time I glance at my phone. Love it!!
I did have one glitch with the 2.0 update and, after playing with it, realized that it seems to be due to the new iCloud sync feature. Since my iCloud is full (I don't pay for it, so that's a near permenant reality), it wasn't actually saving any of my changes (I only use it on my phone at this point). I fixed it by going into the iCloud settings and turning off the slider for iCloud access for the app. Now everything's back to bring groovy. 😎
Thanks for the hard work on this app!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! That’s great to hear!
Hello I just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed this app. It’s very functional and I like how the note type can be changed. There’s also two ways for it to show on the Lock Screen, when you add it as a widget, and when you pin it. I like to pin it and find out the colors of my background and match the pinned note with the same colors.
I have a (what I believe) good suggestion. It would be so cool if a line from a list could be allowed to be tapped and then deleted from both the lock screen / Home Screen that way I could see my work go down without having to go into the app. It would also look better than the clutter of the words plus the lines through them marking them out. Great job for this app though! Overall love it
Good concept. Needs work.
On my iPhone, the font can now be smaller when inputting it, but on the note it’s so big that it wraps a single word. I wrote Respond and half the word is on the next line. Seems scaling should be turned on.
Also I did try adding several widgets to have several notes. They all had the same single note on it and when I changed one, they all changed.
The restore feature does nothing.
The first widget let me select one of three colors. Adding another widget and that was taken away and only yellow remained.
This is a good try but not yet ready to work.
-edit as developer responded
Starting to see some progress here but still lacks some basic things.
The developer sounds a lot like an engineer, needs to work a bit more UX. Sure stickies should be numbered but with no list to select the numbers, and no labels for the numbers all you have is a guess unless you are one of those people that remembers a random number and your note.
Basically, the concept needs to be reworked as a note platform first, with a sticky note option. Simple delete a note swipe. Select which note will be on the widget from the main app with a simple select or check box. Speaking of check boxes, you should be able to prioritize and dismiss a sticky note so it can be used like a to do list. Add alarm functionality and you have a basic app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the review A few things:
- Version 1.3 fixes the issue where single words would wrap. I also added a manual text size settings for even more control over the sizing in that version.
- There's a system bug that will occasionally report multiple widgets back as one. If you change one widget's Note ID, it'll appear unique and let you have multiple different notes.
- "Restore" is to restore a previously purchased upgrade. A future build will have a better label on it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 1881 Digital, LLC
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 17.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 17.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Tyler Hillsman
- In-App Purchases
- Classic $2.99
- Upgrade - Monthly $0.99
- Upgrade - Annual $5.99
- Upgrade - One-Time Option $19.99