Stitch Designer is a powerful and convenient professional tool allows you to make unique cross stitch design from custom image or create an empty design and draw it on your own. This tool is developing under the supervision of many professional embroiderers and inspired by them. It provide solid and rewarding user experience. With this tool you are able to resize and rotate images, apply filters, reduce the number of colors, change image palette, convert image to design, preview it, save and print. The best feature of this tool is creating designs from your images - complicated color reduction and prediction algorithms provide awesome results on cartoons and photos. Cross stitch design edition also available: colors and icons managing, layers managing, writing text, filling areas, drawing pixels, areas, lines, half-stitches, back-stitches and more.
* Easy step by step wizard converts your image to cross stitch design.
* Start from scratch with blank design.
* Full featured design editor.
* Auto calculating threads length.
* Export design to PDF or image.
* Color palettes: DMC, Anchor, Gamma, J&P coats, Madeira, Paterna, Cosmo, Silk Mori.
* Full screen embroidery preview.
* Print design you created.
* Stitch from screen marking completed areas.
* Input image formats: BMP, GIF, ICO, JPEG, JPG, MNG, PBM, PGM, PNG, PPM, SVG, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM.
* Output cross stitch design formats: BMP, ICO, JPEG, JPG, PNG, PPM, TIF, TIFF, XBM, XPM, PDF, CST (Stitch Designer editable text file).
* Increase image convertion speed by 30%.
* Fix app occasionally lose focus at start.
* Properly show recently opened files menu on modern macOS.
* Resolve not saving designs on old macOS.
* Resolve crash or black screen when returning from full screen preview.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is hard to understand and really glitchy. Several of the features simply don’t work. It crashes often, and when I try to open a saved file, I get the icon for Garage Band and a message asking if I want to download a new program.
I really like the snap-to grid for the line making tool, but that’s about all I can recommend. Hoping the developer can work out the bugs.
Developer Response ,
The app is evolving constantly, at this time version 2.0.0 is in store - a huge work done and many improvements are made. Thanks for your support.
unfortunately does not work
Unfortunately, this app does not work as described. When I open a photo using the wizard, I only have two parts of the full app visible: the middle part displaying the image and the right side with the palette. But I don’t have the ‘picture’ and ‘embroidery’ on the left so I cannot change dimensions or the number of colors. And I cannot find a way to add those things, therefore it really is not useful and I cannot use it. or is there a way to fix this?
Developer Response ,
Check this how to use video https://youtu.be/qbG5ZyaQ1Eg it may help you to start. Also the app has "How to" items inside Help menu. When you press at "How to" question the app highlights necessary controls and provide instructions.
absolute garbage, worse than free programs
This app claims that you can design from a blank grid, you can’t. Half of the features don’t work. It advises that there are new help files, unfortunatley I didn’t even see a help section. Don’t waste your money. I’m so upset I paid $8 for a barely working piece of junk app
Developer Response ,
You are able to create design from blank - many tools to do it fast and easy at your disposal: stitch fill, area fill, geometry shape draw, backstitch draw, text draw, change stitch type, change canvas size and design layers.
The help section is last in the app menu, find Stitch Designer Help menu action, press it and help window will open.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sergey Levin
- 43 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2023, Sergey Levin
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.