Design your own chart for your craft project!
StitchSketch was developed by a creator of the popular software program "KG-Chart for Cross Stitch".
This mobile version utilizes intuitive "touch" user interface of mobile devices.
- Design your own chart for craft works such as:
Cross Stitch (Crossstitch), Bead Weaving, Iron Beads (Perler(R) Beads), Knitting pattern, Color Knitting, Pixel Art, and more!
- This is also suited for drawing "dotted" pictures (Pixel Art), such as icons in low resolution
- Convert your photo into a chart
- Draw chart with a symbol in a cell
- Maximum chart size is 250 x 250
- Pixel & Vector Drawing (Backstitch, Fractional Stitch, Hardanger)
- Pinch to zoom
- Generic color palette and Color Charts (palette) for: DMC(R), DFT, COSMO, Delica, Toho Best, Perler(R) Beads
- Knitting Symbols (Amizu Kigou (JIS)) for designing knitting pattern
- Rectangular cell size
- Real view to simulate finished image
- Undo / Redo
- Drawing tools: Pencil, Rectangle, Ellipse, Flood Fill, Text
- Selecting Tool: Selection and Cut/Copy/Paste/Rotate/Flip/Stamp
- Edit colors and symbols
- Save or Email a chart as native format or PNG image
- Generate a chart in PDF for emailing or printing.
- Organize charts with thumbnails
- Support Dropbox
- Notes: The chart file is not compatible with KG-Chart (win) right now.
*** User's Manual / Tutorials are here:
- New: DMC 3880 - 3895 added
- New: Anchor color palette
- New: Olympus color palette
- New: Set sequential# as symbols command
- Fix: Selection tool was not aligned with Grid w/ iOS10
Ratings and Reviews
It’s handy but a couple issues
I use this very regularly and I love a lot of the feature, especially creating a PDF version of my patterns. But it’s kinda glitchy at times, like trying to select a color that is already being used in my pattern from the right hand side and it won’t let me click on it. Also, when I try to reverse a pattern that has lines or corner line stitch marks, it doesn’t flip them with the pattern and so I have to erase them and put them back in. Also, if I paste a design from another pattern page, I can’t make Ganges to it unless I save it, completely close the program and open it back up, and even then it doesn’t always work. I may have to delete and reapply colors and lines.
So, I’m giving 4 stars because it IS very handy as a tool but the glitches *I hope* will be addressed and fixed and then I’d give 5 ⭐️
Update May 4, 2019 If it would help I would be willing to purchase in app enhancements.
Update. My only complaint is, if you add colours after merging and eliminating unused colours then the app no longer allows you to access the last color on the chart design palette from the palette. After completing this action you have to go back to the DMC color list every time you want to select the last color. In addition one color that you didn’t use always remains on the chart design palette and prints on the threads list.
Some additions I would like to see are:
1) quarter stitch to the speciality stitch section and
2) MillsHills beads and treasures added to the beading section.
Great for charting straight cross stitch designs. However if you want to add backstitching or a speciality stitch it is difficult to do so. (This function has been greatly improved and I use it all the time now. However, if you add back stitching or speciality stitches they aren’t linked to the XStitch design so if you copy the parts of a chart they are in they are lost and have to be done over.)
I love the fact that I can work on my designs in my iPhone and iPad and save them to iCloud.
I know this is an expensive app but the convenience is well worth it over time. I know enhancements and bug fixes aren’t cheap and to stay up to date with iOS must cost both time and money. I’m am extremely grateful that you have done so.
UPDATE II - that was fast. The apps in iPad said it was *Updated*, after posting 👇 there was another update. Timing, I’m guessing. The little hopeful part of myself would like to think that the makers responded that quickly. 😸 Thank You!
Whatever this *NEW UPDATE* you guys did is TERRIBLE!
The charts are completely off, have to draw on the line beneath the one you want to mark in order to get results.
There was NO *glitches* prior, for the amount of money that is charged for this, this is now a BUMMER.
PLEASE FIX THIS! Use this daily, this is a Major P.I.T.A. 🤬once fixed you’ll get your 🌟🌟🌟 back and title changed back to AMAZING!
ok, wanted to give it 5 stars but have never paid this much for an app, ever. Once you get inside though it is so worth it. The only thing if the graph could be larger than 250, but it does what needs to be done. Still trying to figure out the other things that am unfamiliar with, always like to learn. If you are wanting to make your own patterns this is a good starting point. If you are unsure of the price, think about it, you pay this much for the materials that you work with. Here you are paying one time and have endless possibilities with your creativity from your imagination!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.