STL Maker uses the TrueDepth sensor found on the iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR and the 2018 iPad Pro to create 3D scans. No need to carry a scanning attachment.
Users can select scan resolution from 1mm to 3.5mm.
All scans are saved on your device and can be accessed in the Files -> STL Maker folder on your phone.
There is no cloud processing of scans and all scan data remains on your phone. Scan as you please, privately.
All scans are saved as an STL file which can easily be exported to your computer and converted to a 3D printable file. All rendering is done on-device and there is no need to register or store files in the cloud. There is no charge for saving scans.
1. STL Maker requires an iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR or new iPad Pro to create scans since it depends on the TrueDepth front-facing sensor. There is no option to use the world-facing camera to create 3D scans.
2. If deleted, a 3D model is not recoverable. STL Maker does not backup or store any data in the cloud.
4. STL Maker is GPU intensive! You may notice a slowdown after your 5th or 6th scan in succession. Your iPhone is smart enough to slow its processing down during repetitive intensive operations. Taking time between scans will offer better performance.
5. All 3D scan data, processing, and storage take place solely on-device in STL Maker. Scan as you please, privately.
Improves tracking performance
- 0.5mm resolution scanning works again
- Library now loads successfully with non-STL files in the app directory
- Tapping a resolution option now changes to that resolution and scrolls to the selection
NOTE: We changed the Appstore version to match our internal one - whoops!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful app but still missing .5mm
Really great app for what the allow you to do with it. You said in June you’d add .5mm resolution in the next update, but last months update didn’t have it. Really disappointing that this is still a downgrade of the ScandyPro, .5mm makes a huge difference.
Also wish I could actually look at the library in 3D after saving the files. Seems silly there’s only thumbnails. I’ve done multiple scans of the same item and couldn't review them later to see which was better without moving them to a PC.
Still love the app tho, great work.
Developer Response ,
We've updated the app and 0.5mm resolution now works again. Thank you for your patience!
Alpha version at best
If I could check this app before paying the $10, I wold never buy it. I cannot make a single scan as the tracking stops working before I can finish the 360 degrees rotation. Also the saved files cannot be re-open or deleted from the app. Even the file info shows the date only and no time, so it is difficult to even figure out what to share. Although, on the other hand, the quality is so bad that northing really to share. And this is not only the noise, but distortions and incompleteness of the images. Even if the app was free, I would delete it after wasting an hour or so. It’s shame to charge money for this nonsense.
A very good scanner.
Thank you for creating a fully non-cloud-dependent, using-device-capabilities, non-login, non-social-centric, non-subscription; easy to use and working stl scanner!
I deleted several scanning apps when they required logins and their-server storage. I just want a scanner not a relationship!
Put in an OS share button for the scan and then I’ll bump the rating to a 5.
Developer Response ,
We now have a way to share scans from within the app - hope this helps!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.