Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Djurgården Museums (10 sights)
* Östermalm Cultural Walk P2 (6 sights)
* Östermalm Cultural Walk P1 (6 sights)
* Norrmalm Cultural Walk P1 (6 sights)
* Södermalm Cultural Walk (9 sights)
* Östermalm Nightlife Walk (5 sights)
* Norrmalm Cultural Walk P2 (9 sights)
* Riddarholmen Landmarks (8 sights)
* Gamla Stan Walk, Part 2 (14 sights)
* Gamla Stan Walk, Part 1 (17 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Gamla Stan Walk
* Kungsholmen Walk
* Atlas and Birkastaden Walk
* Norrmalm Walk
* Ostermalm Walk
* Vasastan Walk
* Södermalm Shopping Walk
* Östermalm Antiques Hunting Walk
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Poor Design and Too Many Ads
There’s a pop-up Ad each time the app opens. There’s no way to securely backup your custom created walks across devices. After creating walks, it’s deleted if an update occurs. I would not recommend this app to a friend or colleague.
It looks like the best app for exploring Stockholm
In preparation for a trip to Stockholm this fall, I downloaded this app and have been exploring its features. My first impression is that it will provide exactly what I need to decide what to see and how to get there, and the descriptions of the specific attractions are just right--with good details but not too long. Since I will be using it on an iPod Touch, I won't be able to use its GPS capabilities, but the maps and turn-by-turn directions seem to be all I need to get around. I also like the possibility of creating my own custom tour from the list of sights, and then letting it guide me on that tour. If this is a good example of what the entire "City Walk" series offers, I will be coming back to them for other trips in the future.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 128.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2012 GPSmyCity.com Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.