Join over 3,000,000 people improving their mental health and living a happier life by journaling with stoic.
stoic is your mental health companion – it helps you understand your emotions and provides insights on how to be happier, more productive, and overcome obstacles.
At its heart, stoic helps you prepare for your day in the morning and reflect on your day in the evening. In the process, we also guide you to journal with thought-provoking prompts, build better habits, track your moods, and more.
** ‘Featured App of the Day’ - Apple **
* Join over 3 million stoics bettering their lives *
“I have never used a journal app that has impacted my life so much. It's my best friend.” – Michael
MORNING PREPARATION & EVENING REFLECTION:
• Start the perfect day with our personalized daily planner. Prepare your notes and to-do list so nothing can surprise you during the day.
• Track your mood throughout the day and do bite-sized mental health exercises if you need them.
• Reflect on your actions with our habit tracker in the evening to grow as a human and get better every day.
Whether you're a journaling pro or new to the practice, stoic offers a welcoming space with guided journals and prompts to inspire reflection and cultivate the habit. If writing is not your cup of tea, you can also journal with voice notes and pictures/videos of your day.
Choose from topics in productivity, happiness, gratitude, stress & anxiety, relationships, therapy, self-discovery, and much more. Stoic also has templates to help you with a variety of situations like preparing for a therapy session, CBT-based thought dumps, dream & nightmare journal, etc.
Journaling is a therapeutic tool for clearing the mind, expressing thoughts, setting goals, practicing gratitude, emotional wellbeing, and promoting self-reflection.
MENTAL HEALTH TOOLS:
stoic provides you with the tools you need to feel better, reduce stress & anxiety, manage ADHD, be mindful and more.
• Meditation – unguided or guided sessions to help you meditate with background sounds and timed chimes.
• Breathing – science-backed exercises to help you relax, focus, feel calm, sleep better and more.
• Stoic Shield - block distracting apps and reduce screen time.
• Sleep Better - journal your dreams, nightmares, and overcome insomnia with lessons by Huberman and Sleep Foundation.
• Quotes & Affirmations – read up on stoic philosophy and better your mood.
• Therapy Notes – prepare for your therapy sessions, track your progress, and reflect on them.
• Daily Prompts - thought-provoking prompts to help you journal better.
AND SO MUCH MORE:
• Privacy – protect your journal with a passcode, TouchID, or FaceID.
• Streaks & Badges – stay motivated on your journey with our habit tracker.
• Journey – reflect on your history, search based on prompts, see how your responses changed over time and see your growth.
• Trends – visualize metrics that matter to you including mood, emotions, sleep, health, writing, and more.
• Export – share your journal diary with your therapist.
• iCloud Sync – seamlessly sync your journal across your iPhone, Mac, iPad and Apple Watch and safely backup stoic on your personal iCloud storage.
• Siri Shortcuts – start a journal by simply asking Siri.
• Health App Integration – track your mindful minutes, sleep and more in Trends.
We’re constantly adding more mental health tools to help you overcome more obstacles and situations. You can also join our supportive community on Discord and leave your suggestions in our feedback board.
• Enjoy unlimited access to premium features on a subscription basis.
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can easily manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal in Apple's settings.
• Read our Terms & Conditions at https://getstoic.com/terms-and-conditions
If you choose not to purchase stoic Premium, you can still journal with stoic for free.
in this update, we've added some more daily prompts for all of you and have improved the translations and a few other things.
we're adding more guided journals for the end of the year so stay tuned for that. we also have a game-changing feature in the works and if you want to test it before everyone else, be sure to join our discord -> https://stoic.li/discord
Ratings and Reviews
There was a period in my life where I felt stuck. Where no matter which direction I took, I was overcome with feelings of regret and skepticism, only to end up back at square one and repeat the cycle, over and over and over again. This period lasted for almost two years, and in that time, I was in the darkest place in my life. I was tired, but I didn't sleep. I was full, but I didn't fast. I was lonely, but I didn't seek. I was laughing, but I didn't smile. It truly felt like I was reaching the end of my rope and grasping to find nothing was there to begin with. To find that my life had amounted to nothing.
This review isn't here to tell you the cliche "This app changed my life!", but once I started using Stoic, it did get me THINKING about my life. I realized I was so focused on trying to control aspects outside of my control and achieving the dreams that weren't even my own, I had lost sight of who should've been living my life: me. It sounds obvious at first, right? You are the only one that has the power to live your life, right? Yet, there are people who are obssesed with trying to fill a hole that was dug by others. It shouldn't have to be this way. It doesn't have to be this way. You are in control of your life, cause no one else is you.
Thank you Stoic, for not only turning on the lights, but for teaching me how to keep them on.
A non judgmental guide to a better self
This app just keeps getting better and better. While using stoicism as a framework, this app has really been a way for me to practice personal reflection and awareness, cultivating better emotional wellness. Easily accessible techniques for gratitude, journaling, meditation, and breathing exercises without the pressure of any one thing being a requirement. The app guides you to those tools through a pleasant sequence without any pressure to use specific techniques. It’s so gentle. If you want to journal, then journal. If you want to meditate, then do that. And if you don’t, that’s ok too. It’s totally up to you. I find tremendous value in the simple act of making these sequences a part of my daily morning and evening routine; from simply opening the app and assessing how I feel to what my priority for the day is to how productive I felt. The app now even guides personal reflection towards specific categories. If in the morning I say I’m going to focus on reading, in the evening the app will then guide me to reflect on recalling what I read that day. So simple, but so helpful. Excellent user experience, an essential part of my every day routine now.
Maybe I don't know how to use this app?
I'm not really sure how I feel about this app. While it does ask you questions/give you prompts to get you talking about things, sometimes the questions are weird. I had one this morning, somewhere along the lines of "what are you then, a mere body? a ration being." And I'm staring at my screen like how do I even answer this if I don't understand the question? There's other ones that are similar and because I don't understand what it's asking me to write, sometimes I'll just put "lol" so I can move to the next page. Then when you're done with your questions it will ask if you feel better and mostly my answer has been no because the questions it gave me were weird. You can pick what questions you'd like to be asked everyday but none of them really jump out to me as something I'd want to answer daily besides the one sentence summary of your day but even that is whatever. I do like that it tracks your mood, would be cool to have another tracker for what is causing your mood instead of the sad to happy face scale. The quotes are cool too. I've been using the app for about 2 weeks now and I feel like maybe twice out of the 14 days, it's actually asked me something relevant. More often than not, I'm using the blank page entries instead but I could just write those in my actual journal. Perhaps this app isn't for me, but it seems to work for people.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stoic app inc.
- 80.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Stoic app inc.
- In-App Purchases
- stoic. journal & diary premium $39.99
- stoic journal premium. $6.99
- stoic journal premium. $6.99
- stoic journal premium. $12.99
- stoic journal premium. $39.99
- stoic lifetime premium. $94.99
- stoic journal premium. $39.99
- stoic lifetime premium. $149.99
- stoic. journal & diary ai $99.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.