healthy habits & mood journal
Stoic app inc.
- Offers In-App Purchases
*Featured app of the day*
Every day stoic prepares quick reflections with quotes and mental health activities that will help you feel better, sleep better and stress less
Every day stoic prepares bite-sized mental exercises and fragments from books that will help you feel better and deal with obstacles you face.
Get your daily mental health tracker companion for mood tracking, journaling, meditations, and reflection. it analyses your emotive influences and gives you insights on how to be happier and more productive.
WHY DO YOU NEED A MENTAL HEALTH TRACKER?
We all experience a complex range of emotions every single day. whether we are feeling positive or negative — both of which are completely natural, of course — it is essential that we have a clear understanding of our emotional state of mind if we are to achieve self-actualization.
Stoicism is a philosophy of leaders, as Tim Ferriss put it:
• become happier and more productive
• become less emotionally reactive
• become a better, kinder person
• become better at resolving conflicts
MORNING AND EVENING ROUTINE.
• start a perfect day with a personalized morning routine. prepare for your daily activities so that nothing can surprise you during the day.
• reflect on your actions in the evening to develop as a human being. get better every day.
• journaling. clear your mind, express your thoughts, set goals and be more grateful with guided journaling.
• negative visualization. discover how many things you have in your life that you should be grateful for. things you take for granted. achievements that you forgot a long time ago. you are luckier and more privileged than you think.
• meditation. an unguided session of meditation with background sounds and timed chimes.
• breathing. deep calm and box breathing exercises.
• quotes and affirmations. read and save your favorite inspiring quotes from stoic philosophers, Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha.
• fear setting. a way of overcoming hard decisions in life introduced by Tim Ferriss. it will help you be less afraid of taking action.
• thought exercise. stoic interpretation of CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.) whenever you feel strong negative emotions, try to put corresponding thoughts here. you may notice, that your feelings were caused by your thoughts, and after a small shift in the way you think, you can experience a significant change in your mood.
• history. browse your old entries or filter them with particular questions. see how your responses change over time and find patterns to help you in your personal development.
• privacy. protect your entries and journals with a password.
• export. share your thoughts with your therapist.
• iCloud. synchronize your data with other multiple devices and keep a backup of your precious thoughts on your personal iCloud storage account.
• HealthKit and Health app integration for mindful minutes and showing your activities in trends.
• stoic wisdom. learn the most practical philosophy that will help you survive in high-stress environments. meditate on quotes by Marcus Aurelius and Seneca and conquer your ego.
• learn philosophies. with quotes from Lao Tzu, The Holy Bible, and Gautama Buddha you can learn Tao, Confucianism, Buddhism, and Christian approaches to life.
• and remember "we suffer more in imagination than in reality" - Seneca
• stoic offers $37.99/year auto-renewing subscription.
• payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• your subscription to stoic will automatically renew unless you disable auto-renew at least 24 hours before the current period ends. you can turn off auto-renew or manage your subscription from your iTunes Store account setting. any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a stoic premium subscription.
• t&c: https://www.getstoic.com/terms-and-conditions
If you don’t choose to purchase stoic premium, you can still use stoic for free.
this update brings:
- custom prompts
open your profile -> morning/evening reflection -> customize everything you want.
Ratings and Reviews
There was a period in my life where I felt stuck. Where no matter which direction I took, I was overcome with feelings of regret and skepticism, only to end up back at square one and repeat the cycle, over and over and over again. This period lasted for almost two years, and in that time, I was in the darkest place in my life. I was tired, but I didn't sleep. I was full, but I didn't fast. I was lonely, but I didn't seek. I was laughing, but I didn't smile. It truly felt like I was reaching the end of my rope and grasping to find nothing was there to begin with. To find that my life had amounted to nothing.
This review isn't here to tell you the cliche "This app changed my life!", but once I started using Stoic, it did get me THINKING about my life. I realized I was so focused on trying to control aspects outside of my control and achieving the dreams that weren't even my own, I had lost sight of who should've been living my life: me. It sounds obvious at first, right? You are the only one that has the power to live your life, right? Yet, there are people who are obssesed with trying to fill a hole that was dug by others. It shouldn't have to be this way. It doesn't have to be this way. You are in control of your life, cause no one else is you.
Thank you Stoic, for not only turning on the lights, but for teaching me how to keep them on.
A non judgmental guide to a better self
This app just keeps getting better and better. While using stoicism as a framework, this app has really been a way for me to practice personal reflection and awareness, cultivating better emotional wellness. Easily accessible techniques for gratitude, journaling, meditation, and breathing exercises without the pressure of any one thing being a requirement. The app guides you to those tools through a pleasant sequence without any pressure to use specific techniques. It’s so gentle. If you want to journal, then journal. If you want to meditate, then do that. And if you don’t, that’s ok too. It’s totally up to you. I find tremendous value in the simple act of making these sequences a part of my daily morning and evening routine; from simply opening the app and assessing how I feel to what my priority for the day is to how productive I felt. The app now even guides personal reflection towards specific categories. If in the morning I say I’m going to focus on reading, in the evening the app will then guide me to reflect on recalling what I read that day. So simple, but so helpful. Excellent user experience, an essential part of my every day routine now.
Maybe I don't know how to use this app?
I'm not really sure how I feel about this app. While it does ask you questions/give you prompts to get you talking about things, sometimes the questions are weird. I had one this morning, somewhere along the lines of "what are you then, a mere body? a ration being." And I'm staring at my screen like how do I even answer this if I don't understand the question? There's other ones that are similar and because I don't understand what it's asking me to write, sometimes I'll just put "lol" so I can move to the next page. Then when you're done with your questions it will ask if you feel better and mostly my answer has been no because the questions it gave me were weird. You can pick what questions you'd like to be asked everyday but none of them really jump out to me as something I'd want to answer daily besides the one sentence summary of your day but even that is whatever. I do like that it tracks your mood, would be cool to have another tracker for what is causing your mood instead of the sad to happy face scale. The quotes are cool too. I've been using the app for about 2 weeks now and I feel like maybe twice out of the 14 days, it's actually asked me something relevant. More often than not, I'm using the blank page entries instead but I could just write those in my actual journal. Perhaps this app isn't for me, but it seems to work for people.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stoic app inc.
- 93.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Stoic app inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Stoic premium $37.99
- Stoic Premium $6.99
- Stoic Premium $5.99
- Stoic Premium $8.99
- premium stoic. $39.99
- lifetime. $94.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.