The official app for StolenCar.com - The Nation's Neighborhood Watch for Stolen Vehicles provides access to a geographically relevant 'hot sheet' of missing vehicles, as well as enables you to take a photo of any vehicle license plates that you think might be stolen and submit for confirmation. Information on a missing vehicle that leads to its recovery will result in a generous cash and non-cash prize being awarded to the information provider.
The FBI reports that the theft of automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles in Canada and the USA results in $7 billion in annual losses. The average dollar loss per theft was $7,680. This can be a devastating financial loss for a vehicle owner without theft coverage. It's also an enormous cost to the insurance carriers, which gets passed along to the rest of us.
The Nation's Neighborhood Watch for Stolen Vehicles is designed to empower everyday citizens to make it nearly impossible for car thieves to hide their stolen motorcycles, trucks, and cars.
Here is how it works:
1) Victims of auto-theft submit their vehicle information to http://StolenCar.com.
2) Email and text alerts are broadcast to registered users in the area where the vehicle was stolen.
3) Social media is leveraged to get word out to people in the area to look for the missing vehicle.
4) Vehicle information also populates geographically relevant hot sheets on the StolenCar.com smartphone app.
5) Registered users keep an eye out for the stolen vehicle, and report its location to local law enforcement. They also register the tip on either the website StolenCar.com or through this smartphone app. This makes them eligible to receive a generous cash and non-cash reward for their assistance in recovering the vehicle.
6) Registered users can also take photos of license plates which will be cross referenced against databases of missing vehicles. When a match occurs between a submitted license plate and one in any of our vehicle of interest databases, law enforcement is alerted so the vehicle can be recovered.
7) When a matched vehicle is recovered, a generous cash and non-cash prize is awarded to the owner of the phone that took the image.
PLEASE NOTE: Users are required to use EXTREME CAUTION AND CARE in acquiring any identification information about a vehicle. A photo of the vehicle's license plate can be taken from a distance and in a non-obvious manner. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN ANY RISK. DO NOT CONFRONT ANYONE ABOUT POSSESSION OF THE VEHICLE. Simply report the vehicle's location to local law enforcement and record your tip at StolenCar.com. Users agree to not hold AssetGuard LLC liable for any damages incurred in the use of the app or reporting of vehicles.
In addition to being able to use this app to photograph images of license plates, you can use it to barcode read StolenCar.com Vehicle IDstickers when they are present on the vehicle. These decals are registered in the National Vehicle Identification Program's database (NVIP.org), and the ownership of the vehicle can be determined through the unique Vehicle IDsticker code.
Added the ability to view recovered vehicles in addition to stolen vehicles on the Hot Sheet.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wonderful assist to those that have had cars stolen. Also a great way for fellow citizens to help their neighbors.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.