Stop Motion Studio Pro 4+
Let's Make a Movie.
Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
• Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
Learn to animate:
• Watch the included tutorial videos
• Read the comprehensive manual
• Use the animation tips and tricks provided
** Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
This release also contains several bug fixes and minor updates.
Thank you for using Stop Motion Studio. We are working hard to make the app even better. We welcome your feedback at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Zooming In & Out Issues
I have been using Stop Motion Studio Pro for over 4 years now. It has always been helpful to me when trying to make my stop motions. However, recently I have come across a HUGE dilemma. A couple of months ago, I was unable to zoom in or out for some reason even though I have been able to before that, since I had a device that can zoom in and out. Now I'm pretty sure I downloaded an update before that, I don't know which one though. So the first thing I decided to do was exit the app, and re-enter it. I was still unable to zoom in or out. Then I deleted the app, and re-downloaded it. It still did not work. I've tried almost everything. I went to my camera application to see if zooming still worked. And it did. But zooming in and out on your app did not. You might be wondering why I think zooming in and out is so important, and that is because it allows me to have certain angles that are essential to my stop motion films. If you could help me out somehow, I'd really appreciate it. I love you rap and I hope I will be able to continue using it in the way I need. Please help, Ethan.
Awesome Stop Motion App! 👍
Hey, this is definitely the best stop motion app ever! 😁 But I think it would be even more awesome 😎 if you could make trailers in this app like in iMovie, and if you could watch other people’s videos that they made. Also, if you wanted to make a stop motion video with legos, it would be cool 😎 to be able to put a LEGO logo in your title for your animation. I think 🤔 this app needs lots of improvements. I wish there were LEGO logos to put on your titles, like the regular one (the one that is red, black, white, and yellow that you see on all LEGO sets), and ones like Ninjago or Friends or City. Also, I think there should be a search bar when looking for the music and sound effects in this app, and there could be all the songs in the world 🌎🎶, so you just need to search, and then your song pops up. Anyway, I think this app is great, and I hope that you’ll improve this app like I want.
While my experience with this app has been mostly positive before, I’ve noticed many disappointing parts of your app after starting to animate a lot more. For example, Even when i’ve reached only 600 frames in my animation, playing the video doesn’t work nearly as well as it should; the app often skips frames when playing the animation back, making it impossible to see my animation the way I animated it. That’s already annoying, but there are multiple flaws in the animation itself. For example: sometimes without reason I can’t see the pictures I’m taking because the camera freezes on a frame and refuses to show the actual pictures. Also, if your lucky enough to have the camera work as it should, editing pictures that you’ve took is also annoying. I find that when I erase parts of the animation that I don’t want, and then try to draw on the same picture, that it doesn’t work. It instead takes away the previous erasing, and let’s you draw on the original picture.
While I used to love your app, I now have very negative feelings for it. I now know to get a good app before starting a big project.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CATEATER, LLC
- 175.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Stop Motion Studio® is registered trademark of Cateater, LLC. Copyright © 2010 - 2022 Cateater™ LLC. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.