Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? With its user-friendly interface and powerful editing tools, you can bring your imagination to life and share your creations with the world. Perfect for both beginners and professionals, the Stop Motion Studio app is the ultimate tool for creating captivating animations. Download it now and start animating today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
No ads, user tracking or subscriptions. All data is stored solely on the device.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Let’s make a movie.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
Learn to animate:
• Watch the included tutorial videos
• Read the comprehensive manual
• Use the animation tips and tricks provided
* Some features require in-app purchases. All features are already included in the Pro version.
Included in this release are various bug fixes and minor updates.
We appreciate your use of Stop Motion Studio. Our team is dedicated to enhancing the app further. Feel free to share your feedback with us at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m going to keep this review short and simple. This app is great! It’s the perfect app for making stop motion movies easily. Whether it be adding sound effects, changing the picture filters, or adding background music and other awesome things, it’s an app that enhances stop motion making. I have a few ‘wishes’ about the app though. When trying to find sound for scenes, it’s a little annoying that some of the sounds don’t match up with the theme. Some sounds for what you need for the stop motion, don’t exist in the app. So it would be nice if there was a way to search up a sounds on like a sound search engine. Also, in order to add sound and stuff, you have to pay for it. I’d rather the app just be priced itself, then having add-ons because it just doesn’t make sense. Plus, when I first got the app (before I switched phones and downloaded the app to the full extent), it was really just taking pictures and playing it through again. So it was not to pleasing to make a stop motion movie and get ready to add effects only to find out I had to pay. But those are really the only wishes I have. Other than that, the app is very fun and it’s a little hard to learn and use at first, but over time it’s get easier.
Great app, but I am unable to find a solution.
I want to start off by saying that this app is amazing and I use it as an alternative to many of the other stop motion editing softwares as it is much easier. I have used this app for about 8 months and have spent countless hours animating. I have bought all of the add ons to get the full experience and make my stop motions as best as I can. That said recently I have encountered a problem that is not only irritating but unnecessarily difficult. Recently the merge option has been greyed out, although his might not seem like such a big problem it is really irritating. I am currently working on an ant man and the wasp LEGO trailer stop motion, and a character known as the ghost has powers that require a merge of different slides, the shrinking and growing effects also require the same method but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to fix this. I have attempted to contact the developers through the website, but I got an error display and couldn’t move further. If this is only a simple bug that can be fixed or a patch that has been ridiculously over complicated than I need to know. I have spent about an hour researching if others have encountered the same problem or are having trouble but I can’t find anything, if anyone has any solutions or the developers themselves see this then please help. This is something that I know has worked in the past so there is no reason it shouldn’t now.
I absolutely love this app but it has a few problems
Ok so I have finally found an app that lets me create animations without too much trouble. It’s very intuitive and has many great features. But as every other app it has it’s problems. One of the ones I’ve had the most issues with is that when I have it set to manual it will still auto correct brightness whenever I put my hand in front of the camera, not sure if it’s my phone’s fault or the app’s but it is a problem because it creates a lot of light flicker. Another is that whenever I have it zoomed in and I go to look at the pictures I have already taken it resets the zoom. This makes it very difficult to animate dialogue.
I have a few more nitpickey complaints. Mostly just that I can’t set the ISO to anything below 100 (I know that expensive cameras don’t go below it either.) I often find that my sets are way to bright. And one final complaint, there isn’t a slider for white balance. I just feel restricted because it has a set of presets. I also have a suggestion: a feather option for erasing/painting would be awesome. It would create smoother transitions from the previous frame to the next. And also if there is a way please allow us to change the aperture as well.
Overall this is by far my favorite stop motion app and I only want to see it improve. Hope you found this useful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CATEATER, LLC
- 169.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Stop Motion Studio® is registered trademark of Cateater, LLC. Copyright © 2010 - 2022 Cateater™ LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- All Features Forever $5.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.