Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"Stop-motion animation is a great way to bring toys and other objects to life — and learn the basics of filmmaking."
The New York Times
"Stop Motion Studio makes it easy to create your own stop-motion movies."
The Washington Post
"All you need is an iPhone or iPad, a tripod, the right software, and a bit of creativity."
"Stop Motion Studio Brings Out the LEGO Moviemaking Geek in All of Us."
With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Full camera control with automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO and shutter speed
• Use a second device as a remote camera
• Use your Apple Watch as a remote shutter release
• Use with your Wifi-enabled DSLR camera**
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as iMessage sticker or animated GIF
• Save all images for further processing
• Easily transfer projects between devices using AirDrop, Dropbox or iCloud
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
* Some features require in-app purchases. All features are already included in the Pro version.
** Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
This update address a camera settings issue.
We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing app, just one little problem...
I have been using this app for a couple of years and it is a great app, it is free and comparing its function to other Stop Motion applications it is wonderful, it is 5th on the list for Best Stop Motion Technology and it has proven that! But I have recently come across a problem... I can’t get the pictures to come out clearly. I know exactly how to do that, I alter the focus, but when I look at the image before I take it, it is perfect, then as soon as I click the button to take the picture the image gets blurry, I even tried using my phone and take a Remote Picture, but it never comes out in focus. I tried changing everything I could, but no matter what I did it was always blurry. It only gots into focus if I stayed a couple of seconds on the frame and when I played the movie the frames ALL got blurry again. I do not know if the focus problem is just a bug, but I hope they get it fixed soon, so I, and anyone else who may be experiencing this problem, can continue to enjoy this app... other than this recent problem this app has been incredible and very easy to use, and I would highly recommend it to any Stop Motion beginners, intermediates, or professionals!
Great app, but I am unable to find a solution.
I want to start off by saying that this app is amazing and I use it as an alternative to many of the other stop motion editing softwares as it is much easier. I have used this app for about 8 months and have spent countless hours animating. I have bought all of the add ons to get the full experience and make my stop motions as best as I can. That said recently I have encountered a problem that is not only irritating but unnecessarily difficult. Recently the merge option has been greyed out, although his might not seem like such a big problem it is really irritating. I am currently working on an ant man and the wasp LEGO trailer stop motion, and a character known as the ghost has powers that require a merge of different slides, the shrinking and growing effects also require the same method but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to fix this. I have attempted to contact the developers through the website, but I got an error display and couldn’t move further. If this is only a simple bug that can be fixed or a patch that has been ridiculously over complicated than I need to know. I have spent about an hour researching if others have encountered the same problem or are having trouble but I can’t find anything, if anyone has any solutions or the developers themselves see this then please help. This is something that I know has worked in the past so there is no reason it shouldn’t now.
I absolutely love this app but it has a few problems
Ok so I have finally found an app that lets me create animations without too much trouble. It’s very intuitive and has many great features. But as every other app it has it’s problems. One of the ones I’ve had the most issues with is that when I have it set to manual it will still auto correct brightness whenever I put my hand in front of the camera, not sure if it’s my phone’s fault or the app’s but it is a problem because it creates a lot of light flicker. Another is that whenever I have it zoomed in and I go to look at the pictures I have already taken it resets the zoom. This makes it very difficult to animate dialogue.
I have a few more nitpickey complaints. Mostly just that I can’t set the ISO to anything below 100 (I know that expensive cameras don’t go below it either.) I often find that my sets are way to bright. And one final complaint, there isn’t a slider for white balance. I just feel restricted because it has a set of presets. I also have a suggestion: a feather option for erasing/painting would be awesome. It would create smoother transitions from the previous frame to the next. And also if there is a way please allow us to change the aperture as well.
Overall this is by far my favorite stop motion app and I only want to see it improve. Hope you found this useful.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- CATEATER, LLC
- 145.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Cateater, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack $4.99
- Import Images $0.99
- Sound Effects $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.