As played in playgrounds around the world, try not to get thrown off the bus in this fun and easy 4 player card game! Swap cards to get them all the same suit with the biggest score, then 'Stop the Bus'. But be warned, whoever comes last loses a bus fare token! If you lose them all, it'll be a long walk home!
Play against the computer, or try the all new-for-mobile multiplayer! Challenge your friends or play against random opponents, and see if you can become a Stop The Bus champion. With extensive statistics to keep track of your best games, Stop the Bus is simple to play, with clear graphics, customisable cards and a full tutorial to get you started.
• 3 solo-play difficulty levels to suit beginners to experts
• Multiplayer - challenge up to 3 friends or find new ones!
• Full tutorial to help you master the game
• Customise the look of your cards, even how scruffy the dealing is!
• Extensive statistics to track your improving skills
• Simple & intuitive user interface
• Share your scores with Game Center leaderboards
• Can you earn all the achievements?
HOW TO PLAY
Everyone is dealt three cards then they take turns picking up then discarding a card, aiming to get as close to 31 points - in a single suit - as they can, before stopping the bus. You can also make 3 of a kind for 30 points! Aces are high (11) and picture cards (J Q K) are worth 10.
On your turn (when the bus is at your stop):
• Tap the deck to draw a card, or tap the waste to pick up the top card.
• If you think you've got a good score, now tap the bus stop to 'Stop the Bus'!
• Then tap a card from your hand to discard it, leaving you with three.
The bus then moves on to the next player.
Note that you can't stop the bus on the first circuit, and once someone stops it, everyone else gets one more turn before the cards are revealed.
The single player with the lowest score loses a token - when they lose all three they are out of the game! If it's a draw for last place, no-one loses a token. Then you are scored based on your hand and rank (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and the cards are shuffled and dealt again. The player who came 1st gets to start in the next round.
Your hand score is the highest score with one or more cards of the same suit.
10C 2C 5C scores 17C
3S 5S 10D scores is 10D (the 3S and 5S only score 8 and are ignored)
2H 2S 2C scores 30 (three of a kind)
In multiplayer, there are always 4 seats. Any unused seats are filled with computer players - even if someone leaves the game, they get replaced by a computer player. However, the game ends when there is only one human player left on the bus.
Made a sneaky move, a bad one or just want to psyche out the competition? You can tap and hold your bus pass to send an emoji to the other players.
Stay & Watch. Lost all your tokens? You can choose to watch the game play to the end – great to cheer on remaining family or friends - or leave the table to play another exciting game of Stop the Bus!
Crystal Squid games are lovingly crafted in Wales, UK. The Crystal Solitaire series of games have been some of the top online solitaire games on many sites, so we have redesigned them for a whole new generation of devices so you can carry on playing your favourite solitaire game wherever you may be!
Follow us on Twitter
Or visit us at
- iOS 9 crash fix
- Higher resolution cards
- You can now listen to your own music while playing the game
- General maintenance and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Easy fun game
A fun game. No one else must be playing because I can never get an online game started.
It’s fun, but it wish more popular
I love the game! But I wish it was more popular so I could play with other people.
Remove the Ads
They’re annoying, while exiting from playing the game.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Crystal Squid Limited
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2018 Crystal Squid Limited
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.