Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today! With it’s easy to use interface Stop Motion Studio lets you create beautiful movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube.
It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with.
Stop Motion Studio is a powerful, full-featured movie editor with a whole host of features:
• A simplistic, easy-to-use interface
• Overlay mode showing the differences between frames
• Animation guides to position animated objects more easily
• Copy, paste, cut, and insert frames at any position
• Interactive timeline so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
Create beautiful movies:
• Choose from a whole lot of unique titles, credits, and text cards or create your very own with the built-in editor
• Give your movie the perfect look with different video filters
• Enhance your movie with different foregrounds, backgrounds, aspect ratios, and fade effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music, sound effects, songs from your music library, or your narration
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by drawing over it.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Use the touch bar on your MacBook Pro
Capture like a pro:
• Capture with an adjustable time interval feature
• Use with your DSLR camera** with live view
• Control automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure, ISO, aperture and shutter speed
• Use a mobile device as a remote camera
Powerful, built-in layer-based image editor:
• Add text and speech bubbles or create titles
• Add facial expressions to LEGO® figures
• Touch up and enhance images, sketch, and paint
• Wipe away unwanted objects with the eraser tool
• Merge frames to simulate fast movement
Share with friends and family:
• Save to your device or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p
• Save as animated GIF or Flipbook
• Save all images for further processing
• Start creating on your mobile device and continue right where you left off on your Mac
• Publish movies on Stop Motion TV for everyone to see
** Supported DSLR cameras:
Stop Motion Studio works with most DSLR cameras from Sony, Canon and Nikon.
Visit our support page for a list of supported cameras:
The update fixes some issues and adds multiple lens support when using the remote camera.
Thank you for using Stop Motion Studio. We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Helpful Program, Documentation Could Be More Complete
The app is helpful and fun to use. There appear to be more instructional videos and other resources on the web for the prior version of the app; additional instructional resources would be helpful. That said, with some tinkering, we ultimately achieved rewarding results.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you have trouble with our application. To remove audio; With your project open, right click the frame containing the audio clip in the frame-by-frame view to open the frame edit menu. Select Audio to open the audio editor. Click Delete to remove the audio clip from the frame. Please have a look at the manual:
Lacking a critical feature
I purchased Stop Motion Studio Pro 2 because it seemed simple, adequite for what I needed to accomplish (i.e. amateur claymation), inexpensive, and compatible with my current hardware. I read the entire manual, and familiarized myself with the program. Unfortunately, the software did not seem to facilitate the level of quality and efficiency I needed when shooting a test scene to evaluate its lip-syncing capabilities.
My lip-sync process is to record the dialogue in Logic, import the files into the animation software, and film the shot in context to the aforementioned audio. Stop Motion Studio Pro 2 doesn't seem to allow the audio files to exist seperately from an image/frame. Therefore, I have to shoot a frame before I can even import the audio, and I can't move it around the timeline without a drawn out process of opening menus, deleting, and importing the file redundantly. Also, the scrub feature only works on images/frames (i.e. no audio).
While Stop Motion Studio Pro 2 is easy to learn and includes a number of cool features, its inability to import and manipuate audio before visually capturing the scene is crippling to my workflow and the quality of the final product.
DSLR Connectivity Problems, Bad Customer Service
I have used the iOS version of this app for a while and loved it. A year or so ago I purcahsed a Nikon DSLR in hopes of going to the next level with my animation and bought this app on my Mac, hoping that it would be just as good as the iOS version. Unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems with the app. Although the DSLR is listed by the developers as a compatible camera with the software, it's had a lot of trouble connecting to the app. I even checked on a tethering app to see if my cable was the issue and it connected fine. It also shuts down randomly, which is very annoying. I've emailed the developers multiple times and have received little to no help, even to the point where they've received my emails and they haven't responded. I even asked for a refund and they didn't respond. If you're animating on a mobile device, then the iOS version is perfect for you. If you're wanting to take it up a notch and use a DSLR or a different camera, then save yourself the trouble and DON'T BUY THIS APP.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CATEATER, LLC
- 116 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Stop Motion Studio® is registered trademark of Cateater, LLC. Copyright © 2010 - 2020 Cateater™ LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.