Storme is a brainstorm and whiteboard app that helps you explore, develop, and present media-rich ideas beautifully and effortlessly in a flexible free-form style.
Drop, group, and organize media onto a zoomable canvas with beautiful layout options. Add text, audio, and video notes, or create an attractive color-coded kanban board.
Want to make a quick sketch? Select the draw tool and start drawing. Want to capture a stunning web page? Simply drag it in. Prefer the written word? Add a text page and start typing. Or perhaps you wish to explore ideas both visually and verbally? Add a facing media or text page and inspire your written explorations.
Finally, a brainstorm/whiteboard app that helps creative people focus visually on developing and exploring their ideas so they can do what they do best—create.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Add notebook pages that can contain up to two facing pages: media pages and text pages
• Drawing tool with several preset line widths, styles, and colors for quick sketches, diagrams, and annotations
• All drawings hover above media content so it's easy to create accurate outline drawings by tracing over images
• Eraser tool with unlimited undo/redo to make editing your drawings easier
• Drag and drop images, audio, video, and web links (visually in media pages or textually in text pages)
• Paste web clipping selections directly into media pages
• Add beautiful text notes with several preset colours and create brainstorm note boards or scrum kanban boards
• Format/layout media in several attractive grid-based styles
• Select from several preset themes for your text pages
• Share media pages, text pages, or entire notebook pages (including selections)
• Elegant pinch-to-zoom with birds-eye-view into table of contents with titles
• Beautiful page thumbnails view of notebook with options to split and join a selection of pages
• Full-screen support (edit text pages like a pro with auto-enlarged text)
• Smart transcode feature syncs large media to iCloud across devices instantaneously so your notebook can be viewed on other devices without delay
• Quick Look support of all media (select media and press space)
• Create PDF and/or printed notebooks with print support for different page sizes and edge-to-edge printing
• Customizable toolbars
• Apple help book
ONLINE USER MANUAL
NB: This is sample output from the app (in this case printing a notebook with 0.25 inch margins).
CALLING ALL HANDS
If you like Storme, please consider rating it on the Mac App Store. Your ratings and reviews really help us a lot. Thanks for your support!
• Added support for customizable toolbar with button labels for macOS Big Sur
• Added toolbar buttons to add 'Table' and 'List' to text pages
• Added support for persisting custom page layout margins for printing notebooks
• Added better page layout defaults (user must still change 'Any Printer' default to real or virtual printer for full page coverage)
• Added tip to alert user to Control+resize notebooks before printing for full page coverage using current page layout settings
• Added tip to alert user they can access their music, photo, and movie libraries from the Media toolbar item
• Improved support for secure coding
• Fixed empty page thumbnails when using split pages due to changes introduced in macOS Big Sur
• Fixed bug introduced in macOS Big Sur where media dragged into text pages would not open when hyperlink was clicked
• Updated to Google Firebase for crash analytics
Ratings and Reviews
Very cool app! Adding media and organizing it to look nice is a breeze. And the sketching feature is a godsend, since I like to do some markup while I organize ideas for my writing. Then when I have enough information and some good ideas and visuals for the content of my article, I can begin writing distraction-free in a full-screen text page. As a writer, I love the light text on charcoal background - super gentle on my eyes. I also appreciate how gorgeous the overall design is — quite beautiful and a joy to use. Highly recommended!
DO NOT BUY. I had high hopes for this app.. but I have already emailed Apple demanding my money back. The app does not save even the simplest photo or text I input into it, it returns a variety of conflicting error messages claiming that it cannot sync becuase of edits made to the documents outside of the app… even though the test note I created was made soley inside Storme, it has frozen my 2-week old iMac twice in 30 minutes.
Also, once downloaded it comes with absolutely zero instructions of how to use. Just an empty folder window.
No no no.
Developer Response ,
This review is for a very old version of the app and is no longer valid.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Muse Inc.
- 19 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 Blue Muse Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.