Story Planner is an easy-to-use and yet powerful tool for plotting novels, screenplays, and any fiction story.
It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, RPG masters … All kinds of storytellers! And it offers quick and intuitive story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
No matter if you are a professional writer or just starting. With Story Planner, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
NOVEL & SCREENPLAY ORGANIZER
• Create custom projects to plan fictional stories
• Organize projects by tags
• Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
• Take notes of your ideas within each project
• Easily switch between the different parts of your project
OUTLINE ALL YOUR STORIES
• Get all the elements of your stories linked to each other
• Create detailed characters and locations
• Add images to make a more complete profile
• Organize the plot lines of your stories and assign them a color
• Divide your structure into acts, parts, chapters, or episodes
• Develop the structure scene by scene
• Write your scenes in any order and reorganize later with Drag & Drop
• Track different threads using plot colors and tags
• Assign tags to any element in the story for a better organization
• Quick search and filter tool
• Split-View on your iPad
• Multiple windows on your Mac
• Keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your Mac and iPad
• Look over the whole structure with the Revision Mode
• Check the stats to better understand how your story works
• Set goals and track your progress
• Configure the widgets to see the progress bar on your home screen (on iOS)
• Turn on the info buttons to learn more about the parts of the planning and creative process
• Light and dark modes
• Set your favorite color theme
SAFETY & PRIVACY
• Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case
• Protection by code or Face/Touch ID
• Automatic backups
• Sync your projects via iCloud and access them on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone (iOS and macOS versions available separately)
EXPORT YOUR WORK
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Choose the parts of your project you want to export
• Choose the appearance of the exported files
• Print or create PDF files
• Export to Word
• Export to Scrivener 2 and 3
• Export to Final Draft
• Export to Ulysses (with the Word files option)
ONE PRICE ONLY
• Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases
• When you buy the app, you have access to all features
• We won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever
• Universal for iPad and iPhone.
• macOS version available separately
You can check our Youtube Channel to watch Story Planner in action. You can also visit our website for more information or contact us via email or Twitter. We are always happy to assist you.
• Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
• Website: www.storyplanner.app
• Email: email@example.com
• Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp
We put thousands of hours into developing and improving Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews and always consider your suggestions, so don't hesitate to write to us if you have any thoughts on improving the app. And if you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review. Thank you! :)
*** What's new in 5.5.1***
• Now you can change the language in Story Planner without restarting the app.
• Other minor performance improvements.
*** Bug fixes in 5.5.1 ***
• Fixed an issue where the search bar and the date pickers weren't shown properly if the mode (dark or light) in the app did not match the system mode.
• Fixed an issue on Mac where the cursor in a text field wasn't shown properly if the mode (dark or light) in the app did not match the system mode.
• Fixed an issue on Mac where the resize of a character or location card caused the image to not be displayed in the correct size.
• Fixed an issue on Mac to avoid auto-selection of the text field in the tag list.
• Fixed a bug where the app crashed when you deleted an item (character, plot, etc.) from inside the card of that same item.
• Minor bug fixes.
*** What's new in 5.5***
• iOS/iPadOS 15-compatible.
• Updated to support iPadOS 15’s Quick Notes and the new Keyboard Shortcuts.
• Story Planner now includes new widgets sizes, including extra large widget for iPadOS 15.
• The small and medium widgets will be also available on Mac too!
• Updated to support iPhone’s Drag & Drop for text and images on iOS 15.
• Story Planner now has its own configuration for Dark Mode and Light Mode on Mac. You can now choose how you want to work directly within the app settings.
• Last, but not least... Story Planner is also ready for the new Mac with Apple Silicon!
We hope you enjoy this update. If we made Story Planner a little better for you, we’d really appreciate a rating or even a review in the store! They help us immensely.
You can follow our news or send us your feedback via Twitter at @StoryPlannerApp and via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check our Youtube Channel for video tutorials: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp - Thanks and happy outlining!
Ratings and Reviews
This is a good app but it would be even more useful with a few improvements
This app is really well made but it would help a lot if the option to add dialogue to each scene would be added. I am coming up with my story on the go using this app because I lack the time to sit down and write a story. I need to be able to write the bulk of the story on my phone, because I’d never write it if I have to sit down on a computer to do so. I don’t want to have to use a separate app just for the dialogue when I have everything outlined on this one. So, I would really love the option to write dialogue within this app for each scene. Additionally, another feature that would be helpful is the ability to create more specific characters, such as having a section for the likes & dislikes of each character. These can guide me as I’m writing the story. Also, I appreciate that this app allows me to copy a character to another project, because this is helpful for crossover characters, but I have a small suggestion about this feature. Right now, I can only select one story at a time to copy the character to. It would be nice if multiple selection was possible, which would allow me to copy a character to several stories at once. With these things said, I like what this app is currently able to do and it’s one of the best story writing apps I’ve tried. But I hope it will become even better, so that I’ll be able to write more of my story in it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really appreciated. We have added your suggestions to the customers' wish list, and we will consider implementing them in future updates. However, have you contemplated the option of writing the dialogue in the Notes section within the scene cards? Do you think that could work for you?
If you have any more thoughts on this topic, you can also write to us at email@example.com. We are always happy to get your feedback. :)
Great app for outlining
I’ve tried a bunch of apps for writing and this is definitely my favorite. This app has been great for keeping all my writing organized and allowing me to outline on the go across devices. It’s also great for fleshing out characters, and I like that you can add photos for characters and locations. It’s also wonderful to be able to have as many notes as you’d like in the note section and not have to keep your research and ideas elsewhere. The app works well across devices and it’s handy to be able to add little things that pop into your head at odd times.
One thing I’d love to see added would be a section for a timeline to keep track of world events/when scenes take place in relation to them for the purpose of world building and avoiding mistakes. I’m currently using the notes section for this, but it would be nice for such a timeline to be more integrated with the other aspects of the app (such as being able to indicate that certain characters were present at an in-world historical event in a more visual way than plain text allows).
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your comment. It is really appreciated, and we are glad you like the app. The timeline is one of the features we want to add in the future, although I still can't assure you of a specific date for it.
We are a small company, and we cannot add the new features as quickly as we would like. But we believe in the feedback from our users, and we take into account all your suggestions. So don't hesitate to write to us if you have any more thoughts on improving the app. :)
Exactly What I Needed
I’ve been searching all over for an app like this — I even googled it. I love how it breaks down each section and subsection of my story so that I don’t miss any details or leave any holes in my plot. That’s exactly what I was looking for. It’s user-friendly, the subtle navigation animations are very fluid, and with the split-screen feature, I can write my scenes and have my character’s bio up at the same time for reference. That way, their characteristics remain consistent throughout the story. Best of all, it’s a one-time purchase, not a monthly subscription (why is that even a thing?) and there aren’t any hidden “premium features” that you pay extra to unlock. The example story that comes with the app is a good reference if you’re not sure what to put in the boxes to build your story. It’s seriously the best app for writers that have trouble structuring all of their ideas into a story that makes sense. It will be the best $5 that you ever invest into your work, believe the hype!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad you like the app and we hope you can write a lot of great stories with Story Planner. :) Happy Outlining!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bartolome Masco Lopez
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Liternauts
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.