Story Planner is a focused, flexible app to outline all kind of stories. Used by writers, screenwriters, producers, directors and all kind of story tellers, Story Planner has quick and easy-to-use story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases. When you purchase the app you have access to all features and we won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever.
*SET IT YOUR WAY*
- Configure Story Planner to make it fit your writing and stories. Organize your characters, locations and plots, and build your scenes step by step, always with your own style. Outlining will be the easiest, fastest and most fun part of your writing process.
- Create as many writing projects as you wish and organize it with tags
- Open several windows on your iPad and edit different parts of your project, or different projects at the same time.
- Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
- Create detailed characters profiles, locations and plot lines for your stories. Add photos to have a more complete profile
- Create the scenes for your story and arrange them by dragging and dropping them into place
- Quickly create all the elements of the story from within the scene card itself
- Check your story stats to see your whole story at a glance
- Choose dark or light mode to make writing more comfortable. You can also change the language, font size... Story Planner adapts to you and the way you prefer to work
*YOUR PROJECTS EVERYWHERE*
- Sync your projects between Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Projects sync via iCloud, not our servers
- Multiple export options including Scrivener, Final Draft, pdf, rtf and txt
- Automatic backups so that your projects are always safe
*YOUR PROJECTS, NOT OURS*
- Story Planner is absolutely private: We cannot see your projects, in any case!
- Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
Please visit storyplanner.app for more information. You can also contact us via email@example.com or on Twitter @StoryPlannerApp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
We have put thousands of hours into creating Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews. If you enjoy using Story Planner please take a minute to leave us a nice review, thank you! :)
Refinements and Changes:
· We have improved the duplicate function. Now, when you duplicate an item, it will appear immediately below to the original item.
· We have fixed a bug whereby the app sometimes crashed when you open the Character Arc info in the Character Cards.
· Now, when the keyboard on the iPhone is on the screen, the buttons for more options and images will work properly.
· Fixed a bug on the iPad that made that several backups were created if you have several windows of the app opened.
· Fixed a bug on iPad whereby when you were working in a split view and drag a scene to drop it in a different act, the scene appeared in an incorrect place.
· Now, when you drag a scene and drop it into a Non-Act section, it will remain in this section.
We constantly work to add new, useful features, adapt Story Planner to the latest technical advancements, and fix occurring issues. You can follow our news or send us your feedback via Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp or on our site www.storyplanner.app - Thanks and happy outlining!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Exactly What I Needed
I’ve been searching all over for an app like this — I even googled it. I love how it breaks down each section and subsection of my story so that I don’t miss any details or leave any holes in my plot. That’s exactly what I was looking for. It’s user-friendly, the subtle navigation animations are very fluid, and with the split-screen feature, I can write my scenes and have my character’s bio up at the same time for reference. That way, their characteristics remain consistent throughout the story. Best of all, it’s a one-time purchase, not a monthly subscription (why is that even a thing?) and there aren’t any hidden “premium features” that you pay extra to unlock. The example story that comes with the app is a good reference if you’re not sure what to put in the boxes to build your story. It’s seriously the best app for writers that have trouble structuring all of their ideas into a story that makes sense. It will be the best $5 that you ever invest into your work, believe the hype!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your message. We are glad you like the app and we hope you can write a lot of great stories with Story Planner. :) Happy Outlining!!
A must-have for any writer
I can’t believe this app is free! I have spent money on apps that are less helpful than this. The app allows you to record different details about characters and locations, and even provides a helpful guide explaining different types of characters, scenes, etc. No more searching through what I’ve already written to find out a character’s eye color.
You can tie it all together by adding scenes. I especially found the chronological timeline helpful, which helps you keep track of when your scenes are occurring. You can also record other details including the characters, locations, and type of scene. The statistics are not necessary but I do enjoy looking at my top five characters and locations.
TL;DR - Absolutely necessary for any writer. My whole writing process would not be the same without it.
This app is pretty good! But some thoughts for improvement...
So, I have found the app to be very useful. I like a lot of the features it has, particularly with creating plots with different colors and the statistics. I also love the drag and drop feature for rearranging scenes. In general, this app has a lot of good ideas.
However, I think there are a few features that would really make this app a five for me.
-When I am adding a scene card, I notice that unless I click the down arrow at the bottom left corner of the interface, I can’t scroll. I’ve found that exceedingly frustrating.
-It would be really nice if the “Acts” were collapsable. I have a lot of scenes per act, since I’m using this for story outlining. So, it’d making the interface easier to use if this was a feature.
-Along the same lines as the above, I think it’d be nice if I could choose different layouts for the scene cards. For instance, if there was a compact view where you only see the scene titles. Or a view where you could see the scene cards as cards in along a timeline. I’ve just found myself scrolling and scrolling to find what I’m looking for. When you have a lot of scene cards, it gets cumbersome to rearrange them when you are scrolling and scrolling just to find them.
I hope your team will consider some improvements!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.