Story Planner for Writers 4+
Outline Novels & Screenplays
Story Planner is an easy-to-use and yet powerful tool for plotting novels, screenplays, and any fiction story.
It works great for writers, screenwriters, producers, directors, RPG masters … All kinds of storytellers! And it offers quick and intuitive story organization, with sync on all your devices and export options to help you write the best stories wherever you are.
No matter if you are a professional writer or just starting. With Story Planner, outlining will be the easiest, fastest, and most fun part of your writing process.
NOVEL & SCREENPLAY ORGANIZER
• Create custom projects to plan fictional stories
• Organize projects by tags
• Archive projects to keep them around, but out of your way
• Take notes of your ideas within each project
• Easily switch between the different parts of your project
OUTLINE ALL YOUR STORIES
• Get all the elements of your stories linked to each other
• Create detailed characters and locations
• Add images to make a more complete profile
• Organize the plot lines of your stories and assign them a color
• Divide your structure into acts, parts, chapters, or episodes
• Develop the structure scene by scene
• Write your scenes in any order and reorganize later with Drag & Drop
• Track different threads using plot colors and tags
• Assign tags to any element in the story for a better organization
• Quick search and filter tool
• Split-View on your iPad
• Multiple windows on your Mac
• Keyboard shortcuts to boost your productivity on your Mac and iPad
• Look over the whole structure with the Revision Mode
• Check the stats to better understand how your story works
• Set goals and track your progress
• Configure the widgets to see the progress bar on your home screen (on iOS)
• Turn on the info buttons to learn more about the parts of the planning and creative process
• Light and dark modes
• Set your favorite color theme
SAFETY & PRIVACY
• Story Planner is private: We cannot see your projects, in any case
• Protection by code or Face/Touch ID
• Automatic backups
• Sync your projects via iCloud and access them on your Mac, iPad, and iPhone (iOS and macOS versions available separately)
EXPORT YOUR WORK
• Compile to a single document for sharing or printing
• Choose the parts of your project you want to export
• Choose the appearance of the exported files
• Print or create PDF files
• Export to Word
• Export to Scrivener 2 and 3
• Export to Final Draft
• Export to Ulysses (with the Word files option)
ONE PRICE ONLY
• Story Planner does NOT include in-app purchases
• When you buy the app, you have access to all features
• We won't bother you with in-app subscriptions, ever
• Universal for iPad and iPhone.
• macOS version available separately
You can check our Youtube Channel to watch Story Planner in action. You can also visit our website for more information or contact us via email or Twitter. We are always happy to assist you.
• Youtube Channel: bit.ly/StoryPlannerApp
• Website: www.storyplanner.app
• Email: email@example.com
• Twitter: @StoryPlannerApp
We put thousands of hours into developing and improving Story Planner. We read every single one of your reviews and always consider your suggestions, so don't hesitate to write to us if you have any thoughts on improving the app. And if you enjoy using Story Planner, please take a minute to leave us a review. Thank you! :)
*** Bugs Fixed in 5.7.1 ***
· We have fixed the issue where the layout was not displayed correctly on the iPad Mini 6th Generation.
*** What's New in 5.7 ***
· Story Planner is now ready for iPadOS 16 and Mac Ventura.
· We have made Story Planner fully compatible with State Manager. Now, you will get the most out of multitasking with Story Planner on your iPad and Mac.
· Story Planner now works with the new Find & Replace feature, so you can find and replace text within the text fields.
· We've added a feature that allows you to keep editing at the same point in Story Planner after leaving and re-entering the app.
· We've improved date & time navigation for Beginning and Ending at the Scene Cards. Now, you can easily jump into a specific year with the new 'Go to Year' function.
*** Bugs Fixed in 5.7 ***
· We have fixed a bug that affected changing languages on Mac and iPad. Now, if you change the language in the app settings while you have a card open, the language will be updated correctly.
You can follow our news or send us your feedback via Twitter at @StoryPlannerApp and via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and happy outlining!
Ratings and Reviews
This is a good app but it would be even more useful with a few improvements
This app is really well made but it would help a lot if the option to add dialogue to each scene would be added. I am coming up with my story on the go using this app because I lack the time to sit down and write a story. I need to be able to write the bulk of the story on my phone, because I’d never write it if I have to sit down on a computer to do so. I don’t want to have to use a separate app just for the dialogue when I have everything outlined on this one. So, I would really love the option to write dialogue within this app for each scene. Additionally, another feature that would be helpful is the ability to create more specific characters, such as having a section for the likes & dislikes of each character. These can guide me as I’m writing the story. Also, I appreciate that this app allows me to copy a character to another project, because this is helpful for crossover characters, but I have a small suggestion about this feature. Right now, I can only select one story at a time to copy the character to. It would be nice if multiple selection was possible, which would allow me to copy a character to several stories at once. With these things said, I like what this app is currently able to do and it’s one of the best story writing apps I’ve tried. But I hope it will become even better, so that I’ll be able to write more of my story in it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback. It is really appreciated. We have added your suggestions to the customers' wish list, and we will consider implementing them in future updates. However, have you contemplated the option of writing the dialogue in the Notes section within the scene cards? Do you think that could work for you?
If you have any more thoughts on this topic, you can also write to us at email@example.com. We are always happy to get your feedback. :)
Great app for outlining
I’ve tried a bunch of apps for writing and this is definitely my favorite. This app has been great for keeping all my writing organized and allowing me to outline on the go across devices. It’s also great for fleshing out characters, and I like that you can add photos for characters and locations. It’s also wonderful to be able to have as many notes as you’d like in the note section and not have to keep your research and ideas elsewhere. The app works well across devices and it’s handy to be able to add little things that pop into your head at odd times.
One thing I’d love to see added would be a section for a timeline to keep track of world events/when scenes take place in relation to them for the purpose of world building and avoiding mistakes. I’m currently using the notes section for this, but it would be nice for such a timeline to be more integrated with the other aspects of the app (such as being able to indicate that certain characters were present at an in-world historical event in a more visual way than plain text allows).
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your comment. It is really appreciated, and we are glad you like the app. The timeline is one of the features we want to add in the future, although I still can't assure you of a specific date for it.
We are a small company, and we cannot add the new features as quickly as we would like. But we believe in the feedback from our users, and we take into account all your suggestions. So don't hesitate to write to us if you have any more thoughts on improving the app. :)
A MUST for any writer
I have been using Story Planner for a few years now and from the time I first opened and used this program I was instantly hooked. This is by far the BEST Outlining App that I have come across. I use it both on my iPad and MacBook and I never have to double type or copy and paste from one platform to another because the Syncing feature works perfectly with the occasional hiccups that might require a re-boot but I have yet to lose any part of a project. The ONLY part of my writing that I do not use SP for is when I actually am ready to sit down and work on either one of my Screenplays or one of the book series that I am working on. That is when I use either Scrivener or Final Draft along with Story Planner.
Story Planner is inexpensive and DEFINITELY worth the money. SP is hands down one of the best outlining / story planning app that money can buy, especially for anyone who has an interest in writing as a profession no matter if it is a project for a screenplay, book, play, or even poetry.
Try it out, and you will see what I am talking about.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bartolome Masco Lopez
- 19.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Liternauts
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.