Story Tracker makes keeping track of your submitted stories, novels, poems, scripts, and articles easy. Never wonder again where or when you submitted your work. The information is all right there on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!
Whether you're a working freelance writer, a hobbyist, or something in-between, Story Tracker is a valuable addition to your writing toolbox. Many magazines, journals, or other markets for your work don't allow simultaneous submissions. When you're juggling dozens or even hundreds of stories, it's easy to make an embarrassing mistake. Keeping track of it all can soon become a nightmare.
Here's what you can do with Story Tracker:
* Track submissions of all your writing: stories, poetry, novels, articles, scripts, screenplays, and more.
* Store details and guidelines for any market accepting written submissions: magazines, book publishers, journals, agencies, websites, movie studios, or even one-off writing competitions or anthologies.
* Add details for each story, including title, word-count, genre, and notes.
* View total income earned for each story.
* 'Trunk' stories to hide them from the story list when creating submissions.
* View the submission history for each story, sorted by date.
* Displays story status icons.
* Add details for each market, including title, genre, editor, deadline and more.
* Launch email or phonecalls directly from market details.
* Highlights approaching market deadlines on the market list.
* Hides closed markets from the market list when creating submissions.
* View submission history for each market, sorted by date.
* View response times for each submission.
* Add details for each submission, including story, market, sent/response due/response dates, withdrawn status, and notes.
* Response due dates are calculated automatically based on market response time and submission sent date, or can be overridden.
* Past due submissions are flagged with an exclamation mark on the story and submission screens.
* Past due submissions are highlighted on the submission list.
* Store income earned for each submission.
* Database statistics.
* Protect your data with a passcode lock.
* Database backup, restore, import and export over WiFi to your computer's web browser, Story Tracker for Mac, and Story Tracker for PC.
- Transfer the complete database between devices (iPad / iPhone / iPod) over WiFi via Story Tracker SDBI-format support and AirDrop.
- Supports iTunes file-sharing to transfer the database between device and computer.
* CSV format support to import/export your Story Tracker database to and from desktop spreadsheet applications.
* iPad support at no extra charge!
Please visit http://andrewnicolle.com/storytracker for more information on Story Tracker, including contact details to ask questions, request features, or report any issues. Join the Facebook page to discuss Story Tracker with other fans.
- Improved iOS 11 support.
- Added iPhone X support.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but needs dark mode
I just bought this app, and so far I like it. But I noticed that it’s a bit grating to see it at night. A dark mode would be great.
Also, it would be neat if it came with a prepopulated database of markets. Perhaps a deal with Writer’s Market or some other publication like that? It would be most helpful.
Began using the app two or three weeks ago. Makes building a database of potential markets easy. With a glance, one can refresh one's memory of where work is going (don't know yet about submittal history). There seems to be room on the top page to put a few critical notes about the market, such as reading period for lit mags or how to contact any market. Some glitches (can't clear a red entry. Don't know what it's for).
Developer Response ,
Markets are highlighted in red when the deadline for that Market approaches. To clear the highlighting, either change the Market deadline, or modify the Market Deadline Highlighting options in the app (Tools -> Settings within the app). The settings are 'Highlight x units before' and 'Clear past deadlines'.
Submissions will be highlighted when the Response Due date has passed. To clear the highlight, enter a Response and Response Date for that Submission, or don't enter a Response Due date to begin with.
Good app. Weak sorting.
I've been using this app for almost a year now and it's quite helpful. Works well, never crashes, easy to use. My one complaint is the inability to sort by responses. I've received several rejections and would like to be able to separate them from responses that are still waiting. Right now, everything is listed chronologically. I can delete responses, but I need to archive them for re-submission purposes. It would be perfect if we could have more sorting options: view only rejected, view only waiting, etc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.