Please note that this tour is available in Swedish only. Let award-winning StoryTourist guide you through Stockholm while you take part of Swedish author Hjalmar Söderberg’s novel ”Doktor Glas”, in a completely new way. Discover Stockholm as it was more than a hundred years ago, and learn about the interesting sites you pass along the way. This walking tour ties reality and story together into one immersive experience. The app is location based and uses GPS. You can choose to read or to listen to the story, whatever you prefer.
It is an unusually hot summer in Stockholm when Doctor Tyko Gabriel Glas is writing down his melancholic reflections on the futility of life in his journal. He is trapped in a moral dilemma and the only way out seems to be…murder?
In the self-guided StoryTourist: Doktor Glas tour you will follow the footsteps of one of Hjalmar Söderberg’s most well-known characters as he walks the streets of Stockholm with a heavy heart. The tour starts by the apartment on Norrmalm, where the author imagined that Doktor Glas lived and had his medical practice, and then continues via Gamla stan towards Kungsträdgården. With this StoryTour, we’re bringing the doctor’s journal to life. You will hear him read it out loud, while you see images and animations of what the places in the story used to look like as you are standing there. You will also have a unique insight into Doktor Glas’ mind and thoughts, as the character is plagued by nightmares about the life-altering decision he is about to make.
The Doktor Glas walking tour is perfect for:
• Visitors who’d like to go sightseeing in Stockholm in an immersive and flexible manner.
• Everyone who enjoy audio books and sometimes wish they could step inside the story they are listening to
• Puzzle game lovers and fans of escape rooms
• Stockholm residents who wish to discover a story hidden in their own city
• Families or friends looking for a fun activity to do together
There are many reasons to take the StoryTourist: Doktor Glas tour:
• It is an affordable option to other guided tours. No tipping or in-app purchases!
• It is 100% flexible; you can start, pause and end the tour whenever it suits you
• There is no need to keep up with a tour guide, our GPS-based map function and the narrator of the tour will be your personal guide, which allows you to walk in your own pace
• You don’t have to walk around in a group of strangers, as is often common with traditional tours. This tour is perfect to take alone, with a friend or with your whole family
• We offer immersive interactions that other walking tours don’t have; you can view old images of Stockholm, trigger sounds and animations and actively interact with some parts of the story!
The Doktor Glas tour is 2,3 km long and will take 1,5-2 hours to finish. When you open the app, you will find a map showing you the start point of the tour. Go to the starting point and step into the story.
Bug fixes and improvements.
- Velodrom AB
- 646.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad (8th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019, Velodrom AB
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.