Stratego: Single Player - v1.10.07
- Many fixes and tweaks have been done to improve your game experience!
- New sound effects have been added!
- UI elements have been simplified to give players a clear feel.
- Support for newer devices and phones with notch screens!
- Improvements have been made to Landscape mode!
Ratings and Reviews
Just Minor Tweaks away from GREATNESS
Fantastic iPhone App!!
So with my review there's needs addressing and Suggested Tweaks.
Needs Addressing/Fixing: Twice now I've depleted the Blue AI Enemy, leaving them with one sole card remaining in their Reserve (three cards in their hand; the stock pile has also been depleted). This is assumed to be the Flag, as once we get to their turn they simply click "Skip" each and every time. It's so aggravating, because I've tried testing my patience and matching each of their "Skip" turns for one of my own, in hopes that either;
(1) the game ends, declaring me the winner, or
(2) the game forces the enemy to place their last remaining card into their front-line lineup so that I may capture it.
Am I not aware of a "special move" that perhaps I still have remaining?
* ability to invite friends (not just multiplayer using the same device)
* ability to adjust speed of Enemy's moves (not their Difficulty settings; I enjoy that!) Now let me say the Computer AI opponent feature is fantastic, it's just that their movements occur so fast one must pay close attention or lose a bit of time on the Learning Curve to digest just what happened in one 7 second turn.
* ability to mute the sound effects and music overlay. I often play this on the elliptical or stationary bike, and it's soundtrack overtakes my workout playlist; very loud and drowns out my own iTunes/other playlists).
Love the game, but it needs just afew tweaks here and there:
Game, LOVE effects, LOVE but i have some things you might wanna fix,
#1. AN UNDO BUTTON!!! I know that sounds like something I shouldn’t have put in all capitals and maybe I shouldn’t have but i’ve made some plans playing the game and as i’m about to hit the square i want to move to I accidentally hit the square i didn’t want to hit and instead of it takeing me 1 turn to get to the square i want it takes 3!
#2. I love doing campaigns on here they’re really fun like “napoleon’s waterloo” or “the fall of baron” and my thing is there are only 2 i think there should be atleast 4! And when i want to redo the campaign i push next and it doesn’t even give me the next battle!
#3. Again about campaigns I don’t like how they criticize you after you did your best to win! Especially in “napoleon’s waterloo” napoleon criticizes you like CRAZY becase you try your best to win and then you lose then he pops up and says “my plan was flawless you just didn’t execute it properly” or something really annoying.
so i’d like for you to consider these changes and please fix atleast 1 or 2 of them
Faster, but same unlevel playing field
You managed to speed up the responsiveness of the app with your first update in more than 3 years--I'll give you that much.
How is it the AI--when playing on the hardest level--always seems to know where you've hidden your Spy; or is never locked-off from a move (e.g., red highlighted space) due to consistent back-and-forth manouvers?
Update 5/13: While I appreciate the three or so updates over the past month (having gone without any updates for more than 3 years), the artificial intelligence (or "computer") opponent, when playing on the hardest setting, is permitted an unlimited number of back-and-forth moves in the same two spaces; whereas than the human player is afforded apx. two. How can the Developer justify this? The computer and the human players must be able to play by the same rules, and on a level playing field, or the game will continue to periodically receive a decreased rating from me.
- Youda Games Holding B.V.
- 191.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Youdagames
- In-App Purchases
- Campaign 2 "Napoleon's Waterloo" $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.