NOTE: The game doesn't work on the following devices: iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12 / 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13 / 13 Pro / 13 Pro Max / 13 Mini
"New pretender to the World War 2 throne makes good." - gamezebo.com
"The amount of Campaigns, Strong AI, and variety of modes makes this an easy recommend." - appstorearcade.com
Relive the greatest battles of WWII in this grand strategy masterpiece. Take command of the Axis to conquer Europe - then command the armies of the USSR and Allies to retake it.
In Strategy & Tactics: World War II, you battle impressive AI enemies in three campaigns with a classic turn-based battle system and serried ranks of historically-accurate troops. Fight your way through eighteen missions with an exсiting storyline and charismatic characters across Europe, Asia and Africa, research new technologies to improve your troops and build industry, and lead your armies to victory.
If you manage to finish all that,there are also skirmish games, several classic scenarios, plus hot seat mode to play. All this displayed, in a highly-detailed, powerful but simple to understand interface.
The following content is available in free version:
- 3 Missions of Axis Campaign - "The Birth of Tragedy";
- One Skirmish mode map with fixed game settings;
- "The Decline of the West", "The Reds in the UK" game scenarios;
- One Hot-seat multiplayer mode map;
The following content is available in premium version:
- Complete Axis Campaigns - "The Birth of Tragedy" and "Twilight of the Gods";
- Complete USSR Campaigns - "Eastern front" and "Victory Day";
- Complete Alliance campaign – "Roads of Freedom”;
- Full alternative history campaigns "World War III" and "Better Dead than Red", 17 missions in total;
- Multiple Skirmish mode maps with various customisable game settings;
- Sixteen unique game scenarios available;
- Several Hotseat multiplayer mode maps with various customisable game settings;
We've been hard at work making the "Strategy & Tactics World War 2" game better for you.
For this version, we've made several bug fixes and performance enhancements to make sure everything's running as smoothly as possible.
Ratings and Reviews
Game has potential but needs improvements
This game has potential and is fun to play but needs improvement. US starts off with a serious lack of funds and separated. I have no idea why they start of with having 4 units in Egypt. It’s useless and historically inaccurate. Also the bottom half of North Africa should be given to the US so that they can link up their armies. England starts off with with a dismally small Army, Air Force and Navy. Needs to be increased. Russia starts with the most favorable conditions but this game is made by a Russian company. All I ask is that it’s starts off more historically accurate. Also being able to travel through a allied country would be nice. As for research it would be nice if armor and aircraft have their own line instead of being combined. There’s more but these are the main ones.
Very fun game! But seriously needs updated for newer iPhones...
Hello! I remember playing this game all the time whenever I was simply bored with nothing to do or on a long car trip, but now it seems to have stopped working. I've looked at replies to other reviews and have seen where you guys say that you are either technologically incapable of fixing the issue or I see that you guys are working on it. 2 years later, is there no estimate or have you guys given up on the game? It pains me that I will never get to play a game like this anymore and I can't even find anything similar on the AppStore. Thank you all for the good memories I had playing this great game, but I really want to be able to play it on a new iPhone. Thank you!
Copy and Paste?
Is this just a remake of your “sandbox war and tactics”? (something like that) It seems just like a copy and paste, even some of the game preview pictures are identical
After reading your response: Same plot, but by that you mean you have to pay to play solo for a decent country to have fun with? Sure, you can say ‘plot’, but you can also say pay-to-play.
Developer Response ,
These games are different in a plot but have similar graphic.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HC GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION LIMITED
- 147.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 HeroCraft
- In-App Purchases
- Premium version unlocking $6.99
- Recruit's Resource Pack $2.99
- Sergeant's Resource Pack $4.99
- 4 scenario pack $1.99
- Captain's Resource Pack $8.99
- World War III campaign $1.99
- Better Red than Dead campaign $1.99
- Colonel's Resource Pack $19.99
- Pack of 1000 resources for this campaign $8.99
- Pack of 200 resources for this campaign $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.