Stream Media to Samsung TV is an extremely handy app for wirelessly streaming any video, audio or image file from your Mac to your Samsung Smart TV.
No longer do you need to waste time transferring files to a USB drive and then fussing around at the back of your TV to plug it in. You can now enjoy playback on your Samsung TV within a matter of seconds.
Our app automatically detects any compatible Samsung Smart TVs that are connected to the same network as your Mac. After selecting your TV from the app’s dropdown device menu, simply choose the media files that you want to stream to your TV. Within just a few seconds, the file will begin playing on your selected TV.
- Cast virtually any Video, Audio and Image file to your Samsung TV without needing to convert to a compatible format. Our app does the conversion process in real-time, saving you a ton of time.
- Control playback using our built-in support for play, pause, skip back/forward 10 seconds, previous/next playlist item and volume control. You can also seek to any specific time in a video file (seeking of music files not supported).
- Choose between a light and dark UI theme
- This app supports all Samsung Smart TVs that were released in 2011 and later. E.g. Series D, E, F, HU, H, JS, J, L, K, KU, KS, M, MU, Q and newer.
- DRM protected files cannot be streamed to your TV, such as movies purchased from iTunes.
- This app does not mirror your Mac’s screen. You must select a video/audio/photo file to send to your Samsung TV.
- A strong WiFi signal is required for streaming high quality video and audio files to your Samsung TV.
- You must disable any VPN to allow the app to detect a TV on your local network.
We've worked hard to make Stream Media to Samsung TV an amazing experience for our users. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback and support!
Legal note: SAMSUNG is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd. This app is not endorsed by SAMSUNG. It is an independent 3rd party app for streaming media from your Mac to your Samsung TV.
- Added dark theme
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some work
I just purchased this app and gave it a try. I am not sure why this is supposed to better than airplay. I followed the recommendation to download the compatibility checker and ran that and it worked. I had to do some setup on my TV as it was not setup to accept connections from devices over the Internet. JPGs work without a problem. I can’t get any mp4 files to play. Every mp4 file I have tried gives me a popup on the TV saying that an error occurred. Drag and drop would be a major improvement to add to the playlist.
Just used this to stream some vacation videos from my Mac to my TV without needing to needing to transfer them to a USB stick!! A++ will use again!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- FIPLAB Ltd
- 24.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 FIPLAB Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.