StreamByter is a plugin for creating custom MIDI effects with or without a GUI. It can be used as an Apple Audio Unit (AU) effect or as a standalone app connected via CoreMIDI virtual ports. StreamByter is ported from our acclaimed MidiFire MIDI processing environment.
An iOS device (minimum iOS 11) and a suitable AU host app such as AUM, apeMatrix, Cubasis or Sequencism is required to use the AU variant. To use with CoreMIDI, a routing app like MidiFire is recommended and an iOS device with at least iOS 8 is required.
Use StreamByter to:
- Extend the MIDI processing functionality of any AU host.
- Remap channels, notes, controllers (anything MIDI)
- Filter MIDI events coarsely or finely
- Clone or Delay any event
- Send any event automatically when plugin is loaded
- Create complex effects using programming concepts like conditionals, loops, variables (including array, timing and random), and math operators.
- Link effect logic bi-directionally with graphical sliders (remote controllable via AU parameters)
StreamByter is configured using a textual rules 'language' that defines how the effect should operate. Please see the support link to go to our website for full details.
StreamByter is built using the MidiBus library - http://midib.us
Presenting 'Nimble Looper' - an easy to use and intuitive host aware MIDI looper shipped as a Factory Preset with this version. See the Audeonic forum and youtube channel for full details and video.
bugs fixed/minor enhancements:
- Now possible to control buttons/menus via AU parameters
- Fixed incorrect error on X8-F = XX +B old style rules
- Detection of host stop/start events
- SET Qx +quantise flag
- stability fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Whether in the context of MIDIFire or now as a stand-alone app, StreamByter has allowed me to realize my musical intentions more fully than ever before. This is true because of Audeonic’s unwavering support in helping its users to create StreamByter code to realize creative musical ideas and functions.
StreamByter should be part of every MIDI system.
Thank you Audeonic! You have brought joy to my musical world and that of many others.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.