One of SEGA’s all-time greats, Streets of Rage is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover this ground-breaking beat-‘em up.
Three cops, a city on the edge, and a crime lord known only as Mr. X – welcome to one of the all-time SEGA greats. Arm yourself with knives, bottles, and drainpipes and battle through eight thug-infested urban environments to bring order to the city. Relentless, explosive, and addictive as hell – Streets of Rage is the grand-daddy of beat-‘em-ups!
Streets of Rage joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought back to life on mobile!
– Three playable characters, each with their own strengths and killer combos!
– Eight rounds of fast-paced brawling action!
– Local Wi-Fi multiplayer support to help you best the bosses!
– A devastating, rocket-propelled special attack from the ESWAT team!
– Times too tough? Get extra continues and special attacks via rewarded ads!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
– PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
– SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
– LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
– HAPTIC SUPPORT – get into the game with responsive button presses
– CONTROLLER SUPPORT – MFi compatible controllers
"Streets of Rage will knock you out!" [96%] - Doctor Dave, GamePro #27 (October 1991)
"I almost wet myself and called the police when we first plugged in the Streets of Rage cart." [93%] - Frank O'Connor, Computer & Video Games #119 (October 1991)
"There can be little doubt that Streets of Rage is the finest beat-'em-up ever to grace the Mega Drive." [885/1000] - Gary Whitta, ACE #50 (November 1991)
STREETS OF RAGE TRIVIA
– The Streets of Rage series goes by the name Bare Knuckle in Japan
– Streets of Rage was also released in arcades via the Mega-Tech and Mega Play boards
– Comic book legend Mark Millar penned two Streets of Rage comic strips for Sonic the Comic!
– There's an alternate ending to discover... can you find it?
STREETS OF RAGE HISTORY
– The game was originally released in 1991
– Developed by: SEGA
– Designers: Noriyoshi Ohba, Hiroaki Chino
– Lead Composer: Yuzo Koshiro
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Streets of Rage, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know how it feels to play the game with ads, because I was one of those who had originally purchased it, but if it’s anything like Sonic CD, XD then it’s probably pretty annoying. I guess you have to make money somehow, so I’m not really bugged by that. I don’t know if you can look at my email and see that I already sent you a my long review through the app, but I’ll simplify it for you guys and explain why I haven’t given this game a 5-star rating like it deserves. So I’m glad I’m not the only one! I see that the controls are a problem for all of us! If we could have the freedom to move them and make the controls transparent and put the game in full screen, that’d be perfect. Another thing, it’s not too big of a problem, but there’s some lag in the audio that absolutely ruins the music which is such an important part in SOR. I’ve already sent you a review through the app under the name of *ahem* PoptartSlayerXD.... anyway, please fix those SEGA and I’ll be eager to give this game my first 5-star rating!! 🙂
-Always Remember: SEGA does what Nintendon’t!!!
Good Port, but could use control improvements.
Playing on an ipad pro feels great and smooth, and the on-screen controls are fine, but not perfect. They are responsive, but are not the most intuitive. I would really appreciate if the developer would allow for an even smaller option for the buttons, as the size options they have given to ipad users are a ridiculously big. Also, I would REALLY love for an option to use the apple smart keyboard cover as a choice in playing these sega-forever games. Pleaseeeeee make this happen Sega!
What A Mess...
I was excited to download this when I saw SEGA brought it back to us in the App Store. It probably was one of the quickest deletes I’ve ever done on an app. The controls are just AWFUL! You have to keep your thumb directly on the d-pad to move, any deviation and you’re going in a wrong direction or not moving at all. As for the buttons? They work when they want. As soon as I was swarmed by three guys I was done, furiously mashing A to punch worked twice out of over 10 presses and I quickly died. The icing on the cake? Right in the middle of a weapon swing the game mysteriously paused to a modern menu. When I hit Resume, I had to sit through an ad to get back in the game! Shame on you, SEGA, you’re better than this!
Side note: I’ve dealt with their support team on other apps they have out as well, they’ve become one of the worst on the market and they’re quickly earning themselves a bad reputation.
- Sega America
- 141.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and STREETS OF RAGE are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.