During my vascular neurology fellowship, I found myself frequently unable to remember the details of landmark trials and having to go back and re-read them. This was inefficient, so I started writing them down. After summarizing and analyzing a few dozen articles, I figured why not share them with other learners? In 2014 I released the first version of the stroke trials app and have been building upon it since. I hope it helps you in your training as it did with mine.
Find key points in landmark studies fast. Each trial summary highlights the results, limitations, and "the bottom line".
View trials alphabetically or chronologically. Narrow results using filters and use multiple filters simultaneously.
Share citations or full PDFs from one place without having to search PubMed.
- Dark mode option is available
- Payments have been beta tested in this new version. Users should no longer experience frequent issues with payment
- A paid subscription can be used on up to 2 devices now
- PDFs are now viewable as full screen
- A .txt file is no longer saved along with the PDF when an article is downloaded
- Trial titles beginning with numbers are now lumped under “#” in the quick search on the right side of the main menu
- When a user selects the “Feedback” option in the hamburger menu, it links directly to the user's email app of choice
- Categories under filters are now uncollapsed to allow for quicker category searches
- Color scheme for filter selection has been updated to make selections more easily visible
- Users can now filter for trials that are freely available to the public and don’t require log in credentials
- “…” has been removed from the search filed
- The main page just displays the Stroke Trials icon and not the app’s name
- The share button icon has been updated to look more familiar
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Succinct and informative
I am a PGY2 neuro resident and this app has been an invaluable resource thus far. Great layout. Love the search function. Summaries are easy to read and allow for quick retention of important points. This is a must-have for ALL neuro residents in my mind.
I am a PGY-1 neuro resident and this app is a wonderful resource! I couldn’t find anything like this online anywhere. Not only are all the clinical trials from 1991 laid out here but they’re summarized AND there are links to PDFs of the original publications. Worth every penny!
Must have for all neurologists and those caring for stroke patients
Great ongoing collection of high impact stroke articles with accurate and informed key points. I use the app nearly daily, and recommend it to all my residents and interested medical students.
- Ali Saad
- 15 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Ali Saad
- In-App Purchases
- Premium User $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.