Strong Mind Puzzles update provides progressively difficult variations. This encourages deliberate rehearsal and enhances learning.
The rules, graphics, number of icons, and abstract images become more complex.
Individuals must use the voice in their head to match the goal and complete the game.
The voice in our head (internal dialogue) builds executive skills because it helps:
* reduce impulsivity
* contributes to planning behavior
* encourages introspection and reflection
* provides a system to generate alternatives
This updates include all previous Strong Mind Puzzle Variations. The user is able to control their starting point and progression. The user has the flexibility of moving between games to individualize their learning experience.
Strong Mind Puzzles is a game designed to challenge your brain. In her 35 years of cognitive restructuring practice, Dr. Markus created a series of paper-and-pencil puzzles to explore new ways to challenge the brain and rehearse cognitive abilities. To reach beyond her clinical practice, these puzzles were converted to a mobile format which provide numerous, varied opportunities for learning.
Effective problem-solving and decision-making is based, at least in part, on the number of variables a problem solver or decision maker is capable of evaluating.
With deliberate rehearsal, individuals can learn to increase the number of variables that they use to make a decision.
-- Why Finding Mistakes Develops Critical Thinking Behaviors
Strong Mind Puzzles can help reduce mistakes. Think about what happens when you make a mistake. You become emotionally attached to the mistake. As a result, this emotional investment makes it difficult to examine results objectively. Such reasoning helps explain why we are better at catching other people's mistakes than our own errors.
These puzzles give you practice in identifying and learning to anticipate errors. When you are comparing and contrasting images you search for mistakes. With practice, this develops an error-detection reflex.
Bug fix - title for an element
Ratings and Reviews
Liking the revamped version!
Thanks for the revamp! This app has definitely helped on my recovery from a mTBI. Some critique of this latest version:
1) what happened to the saved progress? The quick “Play Now” button helped users start off where they last finished.
2) I cannot utilize the Expert level at all as some of the color differences are so subtle that the color-blind amongst us (yes that’s me) deeply struggle to discern the shapes’ colors. I particularly am red-green color-blind and find the yellow/green, pink/purple, and green/red impossible to sort out despite applying different backgrounds and adjusting lighting. PLEASE put in an option to change shape color schemes!
I think it would be helpful to keep track of your progress instead of resetting every time. That way you can see if you are improving. Also, it seems it presents the correct solution too often and for the entire level. Maybe that's on purpose?
Amazing and fun
I love the colors. I like being able to do this when I'm waiting in airports especially. It helps the time go by and I feel I am using a part of my brain that doesn't get challenged.
I want to know when the next level will come out!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Donalee Markus
- 133.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Strong Mind Puzzles
- In-App Purchases
- Levels 4-9 $1.99