Strongbox is an application for keeping all your passwords safely stored and protected by one master password. Supporting the open source Password Safe and KeePass formats.
** IMPORTANT **
NB: This is a non Universal build of Strongbox for macOS only, just a single platform. It does not include a license for iOS.
NB: New Users should prefer the Universal version also available on the App Store.
*** Features ***
- Touch ID & Apple Watch Unlock for the ultimate in convenience, security and speed.
- Passkey support - The latest, most convenient and most secure authentication method (passkeys).
- YubiKey protection - secure your databases with a hardware token.
- Secure - protected by time tested military grade cryptography.
- Search your entire set of passwords and secrets instantly and powerfully, with deep search. Autocomplete new entries, and auto generate secure passwords.
- Standards compliant - using the time tested Password Safe and KeePass formats so you can import any existing password safe you have.
- Features galore
- Incredibly configurable password generation including Diceware (XKCD) & regular passwords.
- Timed Auto Clear Clipboard.
- Entry History.
- KeePass Field References, Tags, Custom Icon & FavIcons (including automatic search & download).
- Two Factor Authentication codes (TOTP) - QR Code, Steam & Manual.
*** Strongbox is Freemium ***
This means that Strongbox is free with a basic feature set, but if you like there are enhanced Pro features too. You can opt-in to a Free Trial of all the Pro features if you like, no obligations, but most find the Free version perfectly adequate.
• Strongbox provides In-App Purchases (both auto renewable subscriptions and one-off non-consumable) for Pro versions of the App
• An outright/upfront (i.e. non In-App Purchase) option exists also, please see the Strongbox website for details.
• Subscriptions are auto renewable with recurring billing. Cancel anytime.
• The time period of the subscriptions are monthly or yearly at users discretion
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• BugFix: Revert AutoFill mode changes due to repeated YubiKey requests
• Localization Updates
If you are enjoying the new version of Strongbox it would be great if you could leave a positive review for us in the App Store. It makes a huge difference to us as Indie Developers. Thank you!
If you're experiencing any problems or are not happy, just let us know (email@example.com) and we'll make it right.
- The Strongbox Team
Ratings and Reviews
Had to migrate away from 1password because they're dropping local vaults in version 8 (at least that's what they've said so far). Strongbox has been an fantastic replacement, and the ability to import a 1password export saved me a ton of time! There are maybe a few rough edges, but the strongbox team has shown that they're constantly working to improve it, and the stuff I use daily in it works great, so I'm optimistic it's only ever going to get better! Recommended!
The developer is also very responsive. I found a bug with importing the file exported by 1password, and after a few back and forth emails they understood the issue, and it was fixed within a few more days, great dev, appreciate their dedication to supporting this application.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this kind review, we are glad that you enjoy the app! -Nikola
Great on iOS - even better on macOS
I originally purchased Strongbox for iOS so that I could open my password file with my iPhone using the files app on a LAN. That is a wonderful app. While I had been evaluating the desktop version, I was happy with KeepassXC. Until today that is. I upgraded catalina recently and when I started KeepassXC, it crashed. And it continued to crash every time. No access to my password file. StrongBox to the rescue. I clicked on StrongBox and my keepass file was opened without issue. Needless to say, my evaluation is over. I just upgraded and from now on I'm using Strongbox everywhere. And the best thing is I can keep my passwords locally; no cloud storage. I cannot recommend Strongbox enough, no matter where you need to use it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a million, really appreciate the time you've taken to leave such a positive review and of course very happy that the app is working well for you and was able to get you out of a pinch.
Full of options and responsive developer
This app is very well thought out. I like that I can use the same app on a Mac and on my iPhone, I like the integration with Dropbox, the ability to easily unlock your file with TouchId/FaceId, the excellent password generation (includes the Diceware method!), and I like the many advanced options such as displaying notes as Markdown. I also happened to have a problem saving on an old Mac and the developer took care of reading my troubleshooting notes and fixed the problem within a few days. Overall this app is a pleasure to use, and the developer is very responsive if there’s any issues - I fully recommend it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review! We are happy that you enjoy Strongbox :) -Nikola
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Phoebe Code Limited
- 31.7 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Phoebe Code Limited