Get Stronger and Build Muscle with StrongLifts. Simple, effective weight lifting program. StrongLifts plans your workouts, and does all the thinking for you. Just go the gym, follow the app, and get results.
Rated 5 stars by tens of thousands of StrongLifters all over the world.
Results from StrongLifters...
• Used for 3 months! Excellent results 285lb squat!
• I've gained 8 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
• After 12 weeks I'm now aiming for the 300lb squat and getting my bench above 220lb.
• In 3 weeks my squat has gone up by 45lb. It's an exercise I've struggled with in the past, but now it's one of my favourites.
• Being middle aged, overweight and never lifted weight this was what I needed. I am gaining muscle and strength, losing inches on the waist and squatted 220lb for the first time. I am more than happy.
Here’s how to get started with StrongLifts
1. Enter your best lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift,…), or start as a complete beginner
2. Watch how we calculate your optimal starting weights for each exercise
3. Get motivated by how much we predict you’ll be lifting in 12 weeks
4. Follow the workout plan, and build strength and muscle!
Stop wasting time in the gym, and start getting results. The StrongLifts 5x5 workout plan only takes three workouts a week of 45 minutes each. It's simple but effective..
• Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
• Free weight, barbell exercises like Squats to build maximum strength and muscle
• Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
• Easy start with high exercise frequency to master proper form
• Rest days between workouts for optimal muscle recovery
• Visible, objective progress to keep you motivated
• Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Most fitness apps only log your workouts but don’t show you how to get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. It does all the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. With StrongLifts you’ll know…
• How much weight to start with
• Which exercises to do each workout
• When to add weight, and by how much
• How to adjust for failures and plateaus
• When to deload, or switch sets & reps
• How long to rest between every set
• How much to lift after a break
You'll love the simplicity and ease-of-use of StrongLifts. Most fitness apps do too many things and are complicated to use. StrongLifts keeps it simple and saves you time…
• Easy to log - tap the circles to enter your sets, keep tapping to lower the reps
• Easy to adjust - tap the weight to change it, or let StrongLifts progress the weight
• Easy to follow - rest after each set, do your next set when the timer rings
• Easy to track progress - watch your strength increase on graphs
• Easy to learn - watch in-app videos of workouts
Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
Download StrongLifts and try our free workout plan. Upgrade to Pro for even better results with warmups, plate calculator, assistance exercises, and more.
StrongLifts Pro can be purchased for three months or yearly. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same price. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the subscription period in your Account Settings. When you cancel the auto-renewal, access to the Pro features will not expire immediately, you will have access until the end of the current payment period.
Our goal is to build the simplest, most effective way to build strength and muscle. We improve StrongLifts using your review and feedback. This is how we help you get "5-star" results in the gym.
Thanks for using StrongLifts! In this release we're introducing Apple Watch and Apple Login!
• Apple Watch: track your full StrongLifts workout from your Watch, without using iPhone (requires Apple Watch series 1-5, WatchOS6.1 or later, and iOS13 or later). StrongLifts will automatically show on your Apple Watch
• Apple Login: you can now login with Apple to backup your workouts to our cloud server
Issues, questions or suggestions?
• Please read the workout guide - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
• Please read our FAQ - https://support.stronglifts.com/
• Contact from the app - settings - about - contact / firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please rate the app 5 stars so more people find it
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally the program I dreamed of
I have tried many workout routines starting at 14 and going till I was 24. I was always trying to find a good fit. I spent a year just sitting at my computer playing games and eating garbage, I am now very out of shape at 25. I wanted to find a workout that made me feel like I was really doing something with my time and that made me stronger and better in daily activity’s, one that will hopefully help me turn my health around. I work in air conditioning sales and installation it’s hard sometimes to fit a good workout in. That’s why I like the 3 day a week setup this program recommends. Also the 45 min to 90 min workouts are not too intense with the rest cycles, but are tough because of the heavy weight. If you are like me you will get impatient the first two months because for that time it felt like the weight was too easy, but I stayed with the program and at the end of the 3rd month I was benching more than my old max weight for 5 sets of 5 not many programs are that fast I tried the 4 day split for a long time and made those kinds of gains in twice the amount of time. So I like the efficiency of the program and the app is so easy to use anyone can do it with less than 10 min playing with it.
Apple Watch app is VERY glitchy and doesn’t sync with activity app
This review is specially about the recent watch app update. I was excited to try the watch app but I’m very disappointed. I was made aware of the app when I started a usual workout on my phone and the watch app started automatically. Fine. I continued the workout using my phone but I would notice that the rest timers between the phone and app didn’t always match up. The watch app would notify me that I’d been resting for five minutes even though I’d moved on from the set on my phone. This also seems to effect the rest timer on the phone as suddenly it disappears from the screen sometimes and neither the phone nor the app will notify me of rest times properly. The watch app also goes off screen or suddenly shows a different exercise for no reason and generally buzzes me at random times. I also don’t like that in the watch app you have to end rest periods instead of just logging the next set as on the phone app. Furthermore, if I start a workout on the watch app or even interact with it during a workout started from my phone, the workout won’t show up in the activity app and I don’t get credit for the minutes. Overall, I hate it. I’ve had minor issues with the phone app in the past but usually it works perfectly. This watch app is not well integrated and is too buggy for me. I hope this is worked out soon because this mess has me thinking of getting another app for my workouts.
Developer Response ,
Occasional sync issues happen for some users when using the watch/iPhone at the same time. We were aware of this before the release, but decided to release anyway so people didn't have to wait any longer. We were already working on further improvements to address the syncing pre-release. If you want early access to the next update, email us email@example.com
The best weightlifting app ever
I love this app and have recommended it to multiple people. If you want to really increase your strength, overall fitness and balance (with added benefit of looking better), this is your app. I’ve been weightlifting for 30 years and this is the program I come back to anytime I’ve been injured, coming off a running cycle or to switch up my workouts to focus on strength increases. The plan is simple but the app makes it very efficient and easy to track the progress you make. And you will make lots of progress. Give this a try for at least 8 weeks and then reflect back on how far you’ve come and you’ll be blown away. I’d also recommend reading the long explanation of the program on the author’s website. It’s very helpful and you’ll find yourself more motivated the better you understand the science behind why this works and avoid a lot of common missteps people always make when they pursue this without expert advice and a disciplined plan.
- Stronglifts Limited
- 40.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2020 StrongLifts, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock StrongLIfts (Legacy) $19.99
- StrongLifts Power Pack $19.99
- StrongLifts Switch 3x5 $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.