Get Stronger and Build Muscle with StrongLifts. Simple, effective weight lifting program. StrongLifts plans your workouts, and does all the thinking for you. Just go the gym, follow the app, and get results.
Rated 5 stars by tens of thousands of StrongLifters all over the world.
Results from StrongLifters...
• Used for 3 months! Excellent results 285lb squat!
• I've gained 8 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
• After 12 weeks I'm now aiming for the 300lb squat and getting my bench above 220lb.
• In 3 weeks my squat has gone up by 45lb. It's an exercise I've struggled with in the past, but now it's one of my favourites.
• Being middle aged, overweight and never lifted weight this was what I needed. I am gaining muscle and strength, losing inches on the waist and squatted 220lb for the first time. I am more than happy.
Here’s how to get started with StrongLifts
1. Enter your best lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift,…), or start as a complete beginner
2. Watch how we calculate your optimal starting weights for each exercise
3. Get motivated by how much we predict you’ll be lifting in 12 weeks
4. Follow the workout plan, and build strength and muscle!
Stop wasting time in the gym, and start getting results. The StrongLifts 5x5 workout plan only takes three workouts a week of 45 minutes each. It's simple but effective..
• Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
• Free weight, barbell exercises like Squats to build maximum strength and muscle
• Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
• Easy start with high exercise frequency to master proper form
• Rest days between workouts for optimal muscle recovery
• Visible, objective progress to keep you motivated
• Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Most fitness apps only log your workouts but don’t show you how to get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. It does all the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. With StrongLifts you’ll know…
• How much weight to start with
• Which exercises to do each workout
• When to add weight, and by how much
• How to adjust for failures and plateaus
• When to deload, or switch sets & reps
• How long to rest between every set
• How much to lift after a break
You'll love the simplicity and ease-of-use of StrongLifts. Most fitness apps do too many things and are complicated to use. StrongLifts keeps it simple and saves you time…
• Easy to log - tap the circles to enter your sets, keep tapping to lower the reps
• Easy to adjust - tap the weight to change it, or let StrongLifts progress the weight
• Easy to follow - rest after each set, do your next set when the timer rings
• Easy to track progress - watch your strength increase on graphs
• Easy to learn - watch in-app videos of workouts
Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
Download StrongLifts and try our free workout plan. Upgrade to Pro for even better results with warmups, plate calculator, assistance exercises, and more.
StrongLifts Pro can be purchased for three months or yearly. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same price. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the subscription period in your Account Settings. When you cancel the auto-renewal, access to the Pro features will not expire immediately, you will have access until the end of the current payment period.
Our goal is to build the simplest, most effective way to build strength and muscle. We improve StrongLifts using your review and feedback. This is how we help you get "5-star" results in the gym.
Thanks for using StrongLifts! In this release we focused on improving the general app stability. Here's what's new:
• Enabled Family Sharing for all StrongLifts Pro Yearly and Lifetime accounts
• Fixed custom deload frequency settings not working
• Fixed workout scheduling when doing several workouts in one day
• Fixed plate calculator crash when using 100lb plates
• Fixed StrongLifts Pro app store buy buttons not responding
• Fixed Pro renewals showing as expired
Issues, questions or suggestions?
• Please read the workout guide - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
• Please read our FAQ - https://support.stronglifts.com/
• Contact from the app - settings - about - contact / firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please rate the app 5 stars so more people find it
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally the program I dreamed of
I have tried many workout routines starting at 14 and going till I was 24. I was always trying to find a good fit. I spent a year just sitting at my computer playing games and eating garbage, I am now very out of shape at 25. I wanted to find a workout that made me feel like I was really doing something with my time and that made me stronger and better in daily activity’s, one that will hopefully help me turn my health around. I work in air conditioning sales and installation it’s hard sometimes to fit a good workout in. That’s why I like the 3 day a week setup this program recommends. Also the 45 min to 90 min workouts are not too intense with the rest cycles, but are tough because of the heavy weight. If you are like me you will get impatient the first two months because for that time it felt like the weight was too easy, but I stayed with the program and at the end of the 3rd month I was benching more than my old max weight for 5 sets of 5 not many programs are that fast I tried the 4 day split for a long time and made those kinds of gains in twice the amount of time. So I like the efficiency of the program and the app is so easy to use anyone can do it with less than 10 min playing with it.
#1 Favorite; love Apple Watch app, my 2nd year renewal of premium
Overall great app and I love the Apple Watch app too. If I have my phone in hand I will get distracted by other things during a workout. It’s best for me to review the lifts, start my workout and music, put the phone down, and run the workout on my watch. I won my first amateur weightlifting competition at age 44 after using 5x5 for about a year. I was the only guy that showed up to the YMCA for the contest, but I still got the trophy. So, literally I was only competing against myself! Haha. But my point is this isn’t an exercise app, this is a training program that increases weight on each workout until you finally fail some reps, then pauses until you can can complete all reps, and increases the weight again. The library of videos with proper form are amazing training tools. It’s highly customizable. During lockdown i cobbled together a garage gym, first with only dumbbells. All the dumbbell exercises were there. When I finally got a barbell with only a few plates I adjusted those exercises to higher reps for lighter weights.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review, and congratulations!
This is a good strength training program.
This is a great program for beginners or even people with intermediate experience with strength training. I have tried many different programs - 4 day splits, circuit training, HIIT routines, but I’ve found this the most rewarding.
The app makes following the program easy. I didn’t like starting so light as the app suggested. I knew what I could squat, bench, deadlifts, and press, so I started about 20% below my normal workout weight and went from there. I think that worked well for me, but beginners should probably just follow the app and work on their form, no matter how silly it feels to squat an empty bar.
The app has several features to help users follow the program - it lets you know when to deload when you plateau, advises you how much to deload when you haven’t worked out for a long time, and if you pay the (very inexpensive) subscription fee, it also gives you a warmup routine and a plate calculator. I don’t really need either of those things, but I subscribe because I like the app, and I want to support the author.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind review!!!
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Stronglifts Limited
- 27.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2021 StrongLifts, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Pro Annual $29.99
- StrongLifts Pro Quarterly $14.99
- StrongLifts Pro Monthly $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.