James Strong, former professor of exegetical theology at Drew Theological Seminary, spent more than thirty-five years preparing his landmark concordance. First published in 1890 with the help of more than one hundred colleagues, Strong's remains the most widely used concordance and dictionary of Bible words from the King James Version of the Bible.
This updated edition of Strong's Exhaustive Concordance takes James Strong's monumental work and updates it to be even more useful to the modern reader. It maintains all of the features that have made Strong's indispensable for over 100 years:
- Allows the reader to easily find all biblical occurrences of a word in the King James Version
- Points the reader to the underlying Hebrew and Greek words
- Uses the Strong's numbering system which is used in many of the new study tools of today
And adds new features that make it even more useful:
- Corrected, updated, and expanded using the latest computing search tools
- Extra-clear font and page design make this edition readable and easy to navigate
- Updated and improved Hebrew and Greek dictionaries tie each word to the Greek or Hebrew root
- Discover the Hebrew and Greek words underlying the KJV English using the Strong's numbering system
- Use the updated Hebrew and Greek dictionaries to find brief definitions of each word of the original languages
Go beyond mere searches for lost verses and hone your skills by utilizing this tool's more advanced features.
Find every occurrence of any word in the King James Version Bible. Only the words not likely to be used in locating a passage have been eliminated (words such as should, those, and when) or condensed to include only the important occurrences (words such as bring, day, and might).
Students of the Bible utilize the wealth of resources offered in Strong's ranging from doing word and thematic studies to probing the deeper meanings embedded in the original languages of the Bible.
- updates for Premium users
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great tool for understanding better Gods Word
With so many translations a concordance is a must have tool to help ensure an accurate understanding of Gods Word. 2 Timothy 2:15, there is a right way and a wrong way in understanding Bible verses Strongs Concordance allows me to see what words the original authors used in each verse, then in Strongs Conc the definition of that word originally used is show, Koine Greek for the NT. The thing about Koine Greek is that very shortly after the NT was written Koine Greek was going away not being used any longer. The fact that the language pretty much stopped being used means that words and their meanings didn’t change because it was not being actively used by groups of people. So for instance if US English did this in the last 40 years gay in 1950’s was a term for happy. Today it almost always used as a term for homosexuality. Which would cause a problem for understanding written text a thousand years from now for people in the distant future. But for Koine Greek this wouldn’t be an issue the language stopped changing making it easy to check up on those who translated the original manuscripts into other languages. This is why the Strongs Concordance is so useful and important when studying the Bible.
Best Bible App Ever!
read the subject line!!! and then read it again. ha! seriously, try to find a workable concordance in ‘books’ store or in paperback.
i can search words to get the full meaning of Scriptures; i can have my favorite version; i can download extras like devotionals or study guides... i just love it! the search is the best i’ve found in any book/site/app. i also like that it gives daily scripture excerpts.
Audio is lame
I’ve been using this app for years and I love the side-by-side feature. Are used to have it read to me, but recently it required a two dollar one year subscription to continue with it “high-quality audio“. So I paid the two dollars, and it is horrible audio! It is some computer audio instead of a real person‘s reading and recording. I am very disappointed! Although I love the side-by-side feature, I’m going to get a different app for the audio part.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bible App Labs LLC
- 126.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Tecarta, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Matthew Henry's Commentary $1.99
- High Quality Text-to-Speech 1-Year Access $1.99
- New King James Version $7.99
- Amplified Bible Classic $4.99
- New American Standard 1995 $4.99
- New International Version $5.99
- Critical and Explanatory Comm $1.99
- John Wesley's Explanatory $1.99
- English Standard Version $7.99
- Amplified Bible $4.99