PreSonus® Studio One® Remote is a free iPad® remote control app designed specifically for use with PreSonus Digital Audio Workstation Studio One 5 Artist and Professional on Mac® and Windows® computers. It’s the perfect companion, both as a “second screen” app in a workstation setup or as a flexible mobile remote for recording, mixing and editing when away from the computer.
Studio One Remote is based on the PreSonus software applications framework and utilizes the UCNET protocol for network connectivity and remote control. This is the same technology that powers PreSonus remote control apps such as UC-Surface, as well as the popular multitrack live recording software Capture™ (desktop) and Capture for iPad.
• Remote control of Studio One 5 transport and mix console
• Commands page for access to all Studio One factory and user commands and macros
• Control up to 28 plug-in parameters using Control Link
• PreSonus UCNET networking technology for ultra-fast connectivity
• Macro Control view for quick access to FX parameters
• Fast song navigation using scalable timeline, marker list and Arranger sections
• Control any Studio One system on the same network; control a single Studio One with multiple remote apps simultaneously
• Start Page with demo mode and integrated Quick Help
• Access multiple Cue Mixes with independent faders
• Access record modes, Pre-count and Metronome settings
• Show Page control from Performance View
Studio One Remote works with Studio One 3 Professional version 3.0.1 or newer and Studio One 5 Artist or newer. Requires fourth-generation iPad or newer, iPad Air, or iPad Mini and iOS 10 or later.
• support for Listen Bus
• support for Show Page with Performance View
• various bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Met The Need
I’m quite satisfied with the app as if fits my needs quite well. My keyboard controller’s transport controls aren’t currently compatible with Studio One and I was looking for something better than the computer keypad and mouse to move about the sequence. This also let’s me make quick metering adjustments and locate areas I want to edit rather fluidly. If I may make one request, however, it would be great if the play, stop, and record buttons at a minimum were color coded. With every button being grey on the transport page, I do find my self hunting the correct one to push all too often, usually after I’ve already hit the wrong one. Aside from that...I’m content.
Great for remote recording
I have no problem with this app. My home studio is upstairs but my vocal booth is in the basement. So I can go down there and record vocal and guitar tracks all day long with no issues. This app is very easy to use. You do need a WiFi connection. As soon as you open your project in studio one this app will show that studio one is active and just click on it on your iPad and you are good to go. If anyone complains about this they are just miserable. The things we can do through technology is crazy. I remember when I had a monitor with a wireless keyboard and mouse in my vocal booth and thought that was awesome. Now a days it’s better all around. Or we can go back to where you have to have an engineer control everything so you see. This is a great app and it’s free. Thanks presonus for making great products.
One feature from 5 stars
This is an amazingly powerful tool. No issues setting up and it is incredibly useful. It does all the stuff the Pro Tools app does and adds macros. But...Pleading with Pre Sonus to cha ge the game by adding the ability to work on audio inside the session screen! It would give all the power I’d my PC and Mac for the iPad. I know there are great DAW apps like Cubase etc. however to do serious production it needs to happen on the computer. Remote wave editing would be another level of amazing. To sit on the couch and edit sessions on top of this!? Please beat PT to the punch and take it to the next level. Otherwise, thanks for this.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 PreSonus Audio Electronics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.