studiomux streams Audio, Midi and OSC via the simple USB cable and completely integrates iOS into your music production environment.
Use your music apps just like you would use any other plug-ins. Use Midi controllers connected to your Mac or PC to control apps running on iOS. Or send OSC messages to compatible software. All via the standard USB cable, reliably at a low latency. Sync your musical Apps on multiple iOS devices with the gorgeous new sync tool Ableton Link.
- stream audio from your iDevices to your Mac or Windows PC.
- VST & AU support make it extremely easy to integrate iOS apps directly into your DAW.
- stream from/to and between multiple devices at once, while using up to 8 seperate stereo channels per device.
- IAA, AU v3 & Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps.
- IAA & AU v3 & AB Mixer with controls for Volume, Mute & Monitor.
- Send channels to easily route apps & effects.
- Apps that allow IAA Midi Note-input can be used without any other Midi-setup - exactly like any other instrument VST.
- sync IAA Apps via Ableton link, internal or external clock
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac/Pc.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac/Pc or other iDevices.
- connect several iOS devices to the Mac/Pc - and send MIDI data between them.
- control OSC capable Software on Mac/Pc with one of many available OSC apps.
- send OSC data between iDevices and Mac/Pc
- forward as many ports as you need, and treat iOS apps as if they would run directly on the same system.
iOS 9.3 and up
OSX 10.10 and up
Windows 10 (requires iTunes) and up
studiomux needs a small helper app installed on the Mac or PC - please download it from our webpage:
visit us our forum for support
fixed bug, that caused AUv3 units to crash when channel was switched
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent idea. Not there yet.
Love the idea but the sustain pedal CC isn’t working for Auv3 and remote midi. That’s a big problem for me. Only works some IAA’s and that’s if they even load. My main apps aren’t IAA by the way. I haven’t even tried the audio features yet but these problems really defeat a key purpose me right now. Hope this gets fixed soon or it’s a waste of money and doesn’t fill its complete purchase purposes.
This is a great app and I’m going to rate it at five stars because of this unique function of being able to use iOS plugins inside Ableton on windows, however, there is one issue. When I switch iOS instruments without closing all apps this will result in ableton crashing and everything gets wonky until all apps are rebooted. Would be great if this is something that can be fixed! Thanks
App mostly works, but most synths aren’t built for it
I set it up, connected this amazing ipad-only FX unit, no problems.
I got an auv3 synth to work too.
But most of the meaty synths, like Neve and the Korg stuff, are not built for this.
It feels like those that sell more expensive versions of their synths as vst plugins probably block this kind of use.
Unless I’m missing something, of course.
I’d managed to connect all these things through the macOS Audio Midi Setup, but that was unstable. I really hoped this thing would bring me a useable Ableton <-> iPad workflow.
But still, I can make gnarly techno with the Soundsaw plugin. That’s not nothing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Blomert
- 20.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Christian Blomert
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.