studiomux streams Audio, Midi and OSC via the simple USB cable and completely integrates iOS into your music production environment.
Use your music apps just like you would use any other plug-ins. Use Midi controllers connected to your Mac or PC to control apps running on iOS. Or send OSC messages to compatible software. All via the standard USB cable, reliably at a low latency. Sync your musical Apps on multiple iOS devices with the gorgeous new sync tool Ableton Link.
- stream audio from your iDevices to your Mac or Windows PC.
- VST & AU support make it extremely easy to integrate iOS apps directly into your DAW.
- stream from/to and between multiple devices at once, while using up to 8 seperate stereo channels per device.
- IAA, AU v3 & Audiobus integration ensures immediate compatibility with countless iOS music Apps.
- IAA & AU v3 & AB Mixer with controls for Volume, Mute & Monitor.
- Send channels to easily route apps & effects.
- Apps that allow IAA Midi Note-input can be used without any other Midi-setup - exactly like any other instrument VST.
- sync IAA Apps via Ableton link, internal or external clock
- control iOS apps with hardware controllers that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- sequence and play iOS apps using a DAW running on your Mac/Pc.
- control Mac applications or hardware connected to it, using Lemur, TouchOSC or any other app that uses MIDI.
- use iOS apps to play and sequence hardware instruments that are connected to your Mac/Pc.
- create virtual MIDI ports on the iPad/iPhone that can be mirrored to the Mac/Pc or other iDevices.
- connect several iOS devices to the Mac/Pc - and send MIDI data between them.
- control OSC capable Software on Mac/Pc with one of many available OSC apps.
- send OSC data between iDevices and Mac/Pc
- forward as many ports as you need, and treat iOS apps as if they would run directly on the same system.
iOS 8 and up
OSX 10.8 and up
Windows 7 (requires iTunes) and up
studiomux needs a small helper app installed on the Mac or PC - please download it from our webpage:
please have a look at our integration guide
visit us on facebook
samplerate conversion issue fixed
start/stop issue fixed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The good and the bad
Using with Studio One... Audio works great, at least from iOS to PC... haven't tried the other way yet. Midi is an absolute nightmare... the documentation is awful. They really don't explain it at all. I've kind of gotten it to work, but every time I get one aspect figured out, another stops working. Get studio one receiving midi notes from an iOS sequencer? Check... except now there's no midi sync for some reason. These guys make really ambitious apps, which would be some of the best on iOS if they worked right. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but since they provide horrible documentation, I'm forced to play it by ear.
Tldr; audio was surprisingly easy to set up and works great. If you want to get midi between iPad and PC, there's probably a much better way to do it than this.
So... I wouldn’t depend on it
It’s a good thing I do more music on the phone rather than using it in conjunction with my PC, because this app never quite seems to be reliable. Now there have been updates and it seems a bit more stable and doesn’t ask for Audiobus 2, etc. but my latest issue when i tried it minutes ago is that the audio on the PC sounds like it’s underwater (sounds fine coming out of iPhone speaker). I reinstalled everything on the iPhone and PC, restarted both, reconnected both, and even tried studiomux in two different DAWs. No joy. Still wavering warbling garbage. I think I’d get a hardware solution if I needed reliability.
To the reviewer who stated he kept getting audio bus software not installed: you need to click on the add plug-in button at the top of the screen. I had the same issue until I figured it out.
I am going to rate this app four stars even though it keeps crashing on me. I have two synth apps installed on my iPad. Ripplemaker and Animoog. Ripplemaker is way more stable than Animoog which crashes the Studiomux app very often.
Studiomux is the app that I've been waiting for. It's awesome to be able to interface your iPad with your DAW with no additional hardware needed. I think that once they get all the bugs ironed out, this is going to be a great piece of software. I'm looking forward to future updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.