StudioTrack is a multitrack recorder and songwriting tool for musicians who want to capture musical ideas and record songs on their iPad. StudioTrack works with the iPad built-in microphone and headphones and most iPad audio interfaces (Sonoma’s GuitarJack Stage or StudioJack Mini recommended). iTunes File Sharing allows StudioTrack recordings to be downloaded to any desktop computer. Tracks can then be loaded into any recording software (DAW) to continue working on songs.
• Multitrack Recording: 8 tracks plus bounce
• Re-arrangable tracks with FX Bypass, Reverb Send, Pan, Gain, Mute, Solo, Record Arm and Track Icon
• TrackFX: Tempo-synced Delay, Compressor, Parametric EQ and Reverb Send on every track
• Calibrated Meters: Accurately monitor record and playback levels
• Calibrated Faders: Accurately adjust playback level of each track
• MasterFX: Sweeten the sound of your recordings with a compressor-limiter and a 4-band parametric EQ
• Output Compressor-Limiter: Fatten sound of the output mix
• Master Channel with Reverb Return and Stereo Output meters
• Metronome: Select tempo by number or tapping - includes pro drum recordings
• Bounce: Mix song to track 1 and 2 of a new song to record as many tracks as you want
• Mix: Save the mix as a stereo file
• AudioPaste: Paste audio to StudioTrack from over 90 AudioCopy compatible apps
• AudioCopy 3: Copy audio between AudioCopy 3 enabled apps.
• Slide-to-Record: Prevents over-writing tracks
Latency Compensation: Accurate to within 1ms
• Recording Quality: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz
• Supports both portrait and landscape iPad views
• Input Monitoring: Enable/disable input monitoring using the settings tool. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix.
• Bass Response Correction: When set to AUTO, this will boost the bass response of the recorded signal when using the built-in mic and headset jack, but will not affect devices connected via the dock connector.
• Monitoring through FX: Track your vocals and instruments with reverb, delay, eq, and compression non-destructively
• File Import/Export: Import by opening an audio email attachment or by dragging audio files into StudioTrack's File Sharing area under Apps in iTunes. Supports wav, mp3 and aiff. StudioTrack's Sessions folder can be dragged out of iTunes to the desktop.
• Dropbox file sharing: Upload and store your mixes and projects to your Dropbox account, then share your music by emailing download links to friends.
•Supports GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, GuitarJack Model 2, GuitarJack 2 USB and generic USB audio interfaces.
- Updated for iOS 11
- GuitarTone 3 amps and effects
- Lower latency (256 frame buffersize down from 512)
- Updated Dropbox to V2
- Fixed some crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Bye bye tracks.
Enjoyed this app for a while and saved some original stuff. Now it just crashes if I try to do anything. Can't access my work. Probably gone forever. That pretty much bites. Updating app didn't help :( use at your own risk
App not working, iPad Air 2
I really like Four Track for my iPhone as a sketchpad and practice tool, so I hope you can get this working. It would be very cool to have a decent 8-track recorder on my iPad.
After installing, the app wouldn't close properly--the recording bar stayed on, presumably draining battery by recording or monitoring the mic in the background. Even deleting all tracks couldn't stop the unwanted background recording problem. Then the app crashed when I tried to open it, and now it doesn't open at all.
Update: March 6, 2016, there's been at least one update of the app since I first tried it, and it's still not working. I was able to record 8 tracks and thought it was working, but then it crashed while I was trying to rename the recording. The recording bar stayed on again after I exited the app, and I couldn't turn it off without restarting my iPad. Looking forward to the next update.
Excellent Writing/Recording Aid
I'm a long time touring performer and I find StudioTrack to be great writing tool---The built in effects, verbs and and metronome all are wonderful tools---The Multiple track capabilities is fantastic when working out harmonies or overdub parts---I anticipate they will work on incorporating their very nice instantdrummer program in future upgrades as either a part of the program or a module----The sound is actually very good with the ipad mic and the built in eq makes it even more versatile---I do wish ipad had an input device of some kind that you could plug an instrument direct to StudioTrack (that's not the programs fault)---I do suspect that it will come down the road---(check out the ipad camera USB adaptor for the future format)---All in all this is a great program that will only get better---I highly recommend it --
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.