Grade Hound helps you manage your classes, organize your assignments, and track your grades. With Grade Hound, you’ll always feel ahead.
Why should you use Grade Hound?
• Grade Hound tracks your grades with precision. When viewing an upcoming assignment, you’ll be told exactly what grade you need to either achieve the next letter grade in the class, or maintain your current one. For example, if you have an 88% in a class, Grade Hound might say something like, “You need a 93% on this assignment to achieve an A in the class”. Both point and percent based grading systems are fully supported. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you get a certain score on the assignment.
• When viewing a grade, you’ll see exactly how much it counts towards your final grade in the class. You’ll also be presented with a slider that you can drag to test what your class grade would be if you had gotten a certain score on the assignment.
• Grade Hound is highly customizable. It fully supports both point and percent based grading, custom letter grade cutoffs, custom units for each class, weekly and block based scheduling, custom GPA schemes, and per class customizable assignment types.
• See a detailed graph of your grade timeline on a per-class basis. This lets you see how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
• Track completed assignments, organized by the date you completed them.
• Add semesters/quarters/trimesters and track your GPA. You can specify custom GPA scales on a per-class basis. You can also specify how many units each class is.
• Add classes, notes, and grades. You can specify custom grading scales and custom assignment types on a per-class basis. Grade Hound fully supports both point and percent based grading systems.
• Add assignments, multiple reminders, and repeat schedules. Grade Hound fully supports both weekly and block based scheduling.
• Add notes, and attach multiple photos to your notes. You can also attach notes to assignments.
• Grade Hound presents you with a full screen weekly and daily calendar for viewing upcoming events and assignments.
• Grade Hound has a Today View widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Grade Hound right into an event.
• Get morning and/or evening digest notifications. A morning digest notification is a summary about the day’s upcoming events. An evening digest notification summarizes the next day’s events. Digest notifications are configurable by days of the week and time.
• Grade Hound supports 3D Touch to quickly complete assignments.
You can add up to 2 classes with the free version of Grade Hound. If you'd like to add more, we ask for a one time in-app purchase.
- Bug fixes
Introducing Grade Hound 5!
- Brand new design inspired by iOS 11 and iPhone X
- New monthly calendar for viewing upcoming assignments
- iPhone X support
- iPad split view support
- 3D Touch support
- New "grade reflection" feature. Play "what if" with your past grades
- New "grade timeline" feature. See how your course grade changed as new grades were added.
- Lots of bug fixes :)
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app - I used it throughout my undergrad and now during my graduate studies, but the new interface is such a letdown. Everything is HUGE and you can’t see all of your courses without scrolling. I liked have the small graph in the corner that displayed your grade trend rather than an enormous one at the bottom of your grade list. Grades no longer all display without having to tap to go into yet another screen. Could forgive the extra taps if we at least had the option to make text/course sections smaller so they no longer take up 1/3 of the screen.
I love gradehound, but there is no syncing feature, so if I leave my iPad at home I’m screwed for knowing what homework I have due that day. I also would love to have it sync with my phone so I can get the notifications there. I would use it just on my phone, but having my phone out in classes is very distracting so I use my iPad. So many apps have this sync feature, and by the fact that I paid for the pro version of this app I feel like I should easily have this. I was searching around in the settings thinking I was missing something because I thought it would be such an essential thing to have in a planner app, the ability to sync with all devices??? It’s honestly made me miss assignments which is very frustrating.
Used to love the app...
If all you want to do is keep track of your grades with a very basic interface, this is the app for you.
But I’ve been using this app for four years, since its StudyCal days, and I remember the features it used to have, so it’s not the app for me anymore.
I used to LOVE this app, but the new update has removed too many of the features I used daily, so now I’m looking at finding a replacement. I wish you were still able to specify semester start and end dates, instructors, office hours, class location, and meeting times, in addition to tracking your grades. That’s why I loved the app — I could do it all in one place.
Now, though, I get notifications that I’m late for classes that haven’t met since my freshman year (several years ago now), and I can’t tell the app the classes have ended, because semester end dates are gone. Nor can I put in instructor/location info, so that I could remind myself where to go on my first day back on campus in the fall. It’s TOO oversimplified now, and frankly, it just doesn’t work for me anymore in this state.
If a future update were to put back some (really, all) of the features I loved, I’d come back, but for now, I’m looking elsewhere.
- Nicholas Doherty
- 6.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nicholas Doherty
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.