Crush your exams with quick help from StudyBlue's crowdsourced materials library.
Take your notes into the wild. They won’t bite. The StudyBlue app is like getting magical powers to transform everything from a music festival bathroom line to boring bus/train/plane trips into productive study time. Hold 10+ million students and 500+ million flashcards in the palm of your hand!
Features StudyBlue students <3
• Create, study and share your own digital flashcards for free
• Customize your study materials with images and audio
• Quiz yourself, track your progress, and set study reminders
• Access study materials seamlessly across desktop and mobile devices
• Copy and edit flashcards you like to make them your own
Conquer Your Course!
Whether you need fast answers or want to eke out all that untapped EXTRA STUDY time (a.k.a., bus-stop waits, a boring NCAA game, or the five minutes before class really starts). We judge not where you find extra time, but we are (slightly) judgy in how you use it. So go on, organize your materials and ace that next exam. With your classmates at StudyBlue, you are all set to get connected, learn, and conquer your courses together.
From over 5 million downloads, here’s just a few of our 5-star reviews:
• "The semester I found StudyBlue, I went from a 2.8 to a 3.8. I was able to maintain that level of academic achievement and graduate with college honors!" – Jennifer, Student
• "StudyBlue is so helpful for all of my classes! The flashcards, study guides, and notes are so easy to make and the mobile app lets me use it anywhere!" – Alex, Student
• "I use StudyBlue flashcards for group engagement projects. My students retain information by quizzing one another from the flashcard decks I make for them. They learn better!" - Zach, Teacher
We’re blushing from some of the praise and awards we’ve received:
• "The real power of StudyBlue is that you can share flashcards with classmates or teachers. Better yet, the app lets you search flash card sets uploaded by students and teachers around the world, so you can probably find a premade set that is relevant to you by looking up keywords or searching by school." -- New York Times
• "StudyBlue Offers Millions of Flashcards for Studying Popular Subjects" - lifehacker
• Webby Honoree in Mobile Sites & Apps - Education & Reference
• EdTech Digest Cool Tool Award Finalist
Want to get in touch? We’d love to hear from you:
App Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Useful things to know:
• A free StudyBlue.com account is required. You can create one right in the app or sign in with Google or Facebook.
• Creating flashcards in the app requires an Internet connection
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sigh of relief
I have known about study blue for a very very long time as I have been in school for most of my adult life. I absolutely love study blue, but i was inconsistent with using it because they literally charged you for every freaking feature. want to flip cards? It’s a charge? Want to randomize, its a charge! And I hated it. All my long-time Study Blue users know what I’m talking about! I was desperate one night and logged onto study blue just to find out they merged with chegg or chegg bought it out, I dont care what happened. Anyway, I started messing with the website and when I see it was not charging me to try to use the features I fell in love with, honey I rejoiced! I checked my account settings and there was no longer an upgrade section. Whatever happened between Chegg and Study Blue, this college student is grateful for it! I can now use the review sheet feature in peace! I have tried other platforms, but I have always come back to Study Blue. If you start charging again, I’m leaving. I’m a broke college student (keyword: broke!).
UPDATE: I found my old notifications referencing updates and paying for the updates. I knew I wasn’t crazy
Developer Response ,
We're ecstatic that you're back with us! Now that we're part of the great Chegg family, we hope to provide students with even more value and innovative study options. Happy studying!!
Study blue for your study blues!
About 3 years ago I had messed up in school; I really wasn't taking it as seriously as I needed to. I contacted study blue to cancel my subscription, and told them how disappointed I was in myself. They sent a heart felt email back pretty much saying they will keep my subscription open in case I ever wanted to go back to school, and said they were sorry to hear things didn't work out. Customer service like that is hard to come by in todays world of technology. Fast forward 3 years I am back in school, using study blue to help me prepare for every quiz, or test I have. I’ve gotten all As so far. This app not only is amazing as far as what you can do to study from flash cards, to quizzes, or fill in the blank, but this company CARES about its customers. I can genuinely say Study Blue cured my study blues! Its hard to find a company nowadays that helps you do better as a person/student, but also cares about you in general. Will definitely be using until I graduate! And would recommend to anyone!
Why is this so complicated now????!
I've been using StudyBlue for about ten years through college and grad school and it was so easy -- just create flash cards on my computer and study flash cards on the app. I'm taking a professional class now and decided to do what I always did so I created my flash cards and when I opened the app there wasn't any way to study them. At least not anywhere that was intuitive. I tried to save my deck but they made me join a class but my class isn't through college so it didn't make any sense. I typed in crap just to see what it would do and they said they would review it and until then I could review my own materials....that's the only thing I wanted to do but there was no where for me to do that!!!!!! And now I wasted all this time making flash cards that I can't even use. It's so frustrating. Go back to your old model.
—changed my status to non-student like you said. STILL won’t let me save flash cards without joining a classy. So frustrating!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Since you're no longer a student at a school, I would recommend you change your account to a "Non-Student" status under the Academics section of your User Profile. This will allow you to create and study your materials without joining a class. Essentially, you'll be one of our Lifelong Learners instead of a college student. I hope that helps. If you need additional help, please reach out to our support folks on LIve Chat or at email@example.com.
EDIT: Hey there, sorry that you still had trouble with this. Our mobile dev team is working on a fix that will resolve this issue for you. I will make a note to edit this response again when an app update will resolve this for you. Thanks so much for your patience and for sticking with us!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.