StyleSeat is a beauty and grooming marketplace that helps millions of new clients search, discover, and book beauty and barber professionals. It’s the only booking platform that grows your revenue for you by helping you get exposure to new clients and earn more for appointments.
Most professionals double their revenue in the first year with our unique growth features:
- Get promoted and get exposure to new clients through StyleSeat’s marketing program
- When you have last minute cancellations, StyleSeat will reach out to clients and help you fill them
- Get paid more for your most popular time slots
- Get paid when clients no-show or cancel late
- Accept touchless credit card payments
- Take up-front deposits
- Get a professional online booking site that gives clients info about your services and prices
- Get bookings directly through Instagram
- Share photos of your best blowouts, braids, makeup, nails and haircuts
- Manage your calendar, availability, and personal time
- Send automatic appointment reminders so clients show up to the salon on time
- Boost business and get more bookings with email marketing and promotions
- Keep track of important client notes and booking history
- Attract new clients to your salon by highlighting their best reviews
Clients can easily discover and book beauty & barber appointments online. Whether you’re looking for pedicures, lash extensions, weaves, or new hairstyles, StyleSeat offers a convenient way to browse photos and reviews, get important pricing information, and book appointments at a time that works for you straight from your professional's calendar.
- Browse photos of hairstyles and color and find a salon that’s right for you.
- Never miss a massage with helpful appointment reminders.
- Book recurring appointments with your barber so your haircuts are always on schedule.
- Realize you need to get your nails or makeup done for a wedding but it’s too late to call your pro? Hop on StyleSeat, find their next opening, and book a manicure.
- Tired of the same hairstyles and nails? Browse the directory and find a stylist that’s a better match.
WHY STYLESEAT IS A MUST FOR INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS:
On average, stylists waste more than ten hours a week on various administrative and business tasks. Imagine how many appointments you could fill with those extra ten hours! StyleSeat does the busy work for you so you can focus on delivering great services and getting paid.
- Your service menu is online. Clients can look through your services, read the descriptions, and get pricing information so you can stop wasting time answering inquiries.
- Clients book themselves. You won’t have to schedule a single appointment — no phone calls, texts, or DMs. Once you share your schedule online, clients can find a time that works for them, put a credit card on file, and book an appointment. You get a notification once the appointment is booked and all you have to do is show up and work your magic.
- You get bookings 24/7 Allowing clients to book and reschedule 24/7 means you never miss out on the opportunity for a booking — no more phone tag, texting back and forth, or full inboxes.
- You can easily accept touchless payments with credit cards. Clients put a credit card on file so check out is quick and painless.
- You get detailed reports. See a breakdown of your daily/monthly/yearly sales, deposits, and transactions — no need to manually keep track.
- You get paid when clients don’t show up. The average stylist faces 1-2 no-shows a week. For some, that can add up to nearly $5,000 a year. Set up a no-show late cancellation policy and clients will be required to enter a credit card when they book.
Thank you for being part of the StyleSeat community! We take pride in creating innovative solutions to help Pros earn more money and match Clients with beauty and wellness professionals of their dreams. Take a look at what we've done recently:
Introducing StyleSeat Marketing:
Advice for your business that makes you more money.
The Marketing Dashboard is your new go-to destination to grow your revenue and increase bookings. Get tips to improve your profile, monitor new client growth, and gain new insights — all designed to drive your business.
Refer your favorite Pro to your friends and you’ll give them up to $50 off while you’re gifted 15% off your next service.
Ratings and Reviews
Beyond Useful (Only Used for Natural Hair)
I really struggle going to a new town and finding hairstylists for natural hair. Especially in smaller, less diversified places. My best shot was to go to bigger cities which is too much of a drive. This app has helped me find hidden gem stylists that were practically down the street, and even going out of town, I can book a stylist before I get there, but is close to my destination! This has been a game changer. Please be aware that it is still a struggle to find natural stylists that aren’t far away, and the app is not perfect when it comes to categorizing stylists. I have also had issues where I decide to pay in cash, I turn off the autopay function then end up getting double charged. A bug I hope they fix without stylist intervention. I get uncomfortable leaving without paying since the app charges after the appointment is over, but the autopay works XD! Fortunately the stylists have been understanding, but it is definitely something to keep your eye on. I can appreciate the respect and protections that the app gives stylists. I also greatly appreciate how it puts them on the map, particularly in the natural hair industry, where they are already hard to find.
Not Business Friendly
I have been using StyleSeat for eight years!! The honeymoon years were great when there was no monthly fee and my clients weren’t charged to booked. After the monthly fee for stylists was set everything about the quality seemed to change. My issue isn’t the monthly fee but it seemed to give StyleSeat a false sense of permission to control my appointments. I’m aware that there is a commission based type booking option but why would I pay StyleSeat for the work I do. Especially if I’m not getting business friendly performance from it. I’ve tried adjusting the premium pricing but it keeps resurfacing. I’ve turned off the auto-checkout and my clients have also but it is still set when my clients book. And it can’t be removed. I don’t accept normally payments thru StyleSeat because there’s another 3% fee on top of the monthly fee I pay and the $1 for booking that my clients pay. But the auto-checkout forces me to accept payment thru StyleSeat and receive a payout minus their cut. And at least 5 times out of the week I try to access my calendar and I literally get a blank screen for extended periods of time. Sometimes i cannot even tell my client what their total is because I’m looking at a blank white screen! I’ve tried resetting the app and I even bought a new phone. I’m at my wits end and ready to switch to another booking application. This app slows me down in checking out clients and it makes me look unprofessional and unorganized in front of my clients.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, first and foremost, I want to thank you for being a long-time StyleSeat Professional we appreciate it more than you know! We also appreciate your feedback. Our community's input is vital to our ability to develop a product that ultimately makes your life easier.
We always aim to provide a smooth booking experience for your clients from reminders to re-book, to paying for their appointment in just a few taps. To run your business effectively and cover operational costs such as marketing, a recommendations engine, and a payments platform, we've applied this booking fee. There are many more exciting features for your clients in the pipeline.
Automatic checkout provides a quick, safe, and easy way to check out your clients. Automatic checkout is a requirement for some of our growth features that help you earn more revenue and build your clientele. If you chose to opt out entirely you may miss out on the benefits of these features. We would love to help. I member of our Success Team will be in touch with you shortly to help troubleshoot any issues you are having. Thanks so much.
I have been using this app for at least 6+ years. In the beginning clients along with myself loved the app! It was so user friendly and helped out a lot. As the years have gone by- especially once they started charging a high monthly fee of $35- the glitches started and constant updating. Now they have a feature where clients HAVE to put in a credit card in order to book. In the past this was always an option and the stylist had control to keep it on or not. I am finding this very frustrating & clients cards are getting "auto checked out" when they have always been cash & check customers. With the amount of data breaches I don't blame anyone for not wanting to store their card in a system. The app is constantly changing and it's difficult for myself and clients to keep up with. I never know the exact protocol. Also, it's near impossible to get a sincere response from their customer service. There still is no customer service phone number listed anywhere- simply email. When I do send emails most the time I get an auto response back and very generic directions or steps forward. This is especially frustrating dealing with payments. If you asked me 4 years ago how I like this app I would have had nothing but great things to say! Moving forward now I'm hoping to find something more reliable and hopefully not so expensive. Look else where before you sign up for styleseat
Developer Response ,
First and foremost, I want to thank you for your patience in a follow-up; we appreciate it more than you know! We also appreciate your candid feedback. Our user’s input is vital to our ability to develop a product that ultimately makes their lives easier. We value you as a part of our StyleSeat community. OUr support team strives to be advocates for our users. I apologize if your support inquiry was handled improperly. We would love to get your issues worked out. Can you please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put "App Review" in the subject line? Thank you!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- StyleSeat, Inc.
- 123.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 StyleSeat