StyleSeat is a beauty and grooming marketplace that helps millions of new clients search, discover, and book beauty and barber professionals. It’s the only booking platform that grows your revenue for you by helping you get exposure to new clients and earn more for appointments.
Most professionals double their revenue in the first year with our unique growth features:
-Get promoted and get exposure to new clients through Styleseat’s marketing program
- When you have last minute cancellations, StyleSeat will reach out to clients and help you fill them
- Get paid more for your most popular time slots
- Get paid when clients no-show or cancel late
- Accept touchless credit card payments
- Take up-front deposits
- Get a professional online booking site that gives clients info about your services and prices
- Get bookings directly through Instagram
- Share photos of your best blowouts, braids, makeup, nails and haircuts
- Manage your calendar, availability, and personal time
- Send automatic appointment reminders so clients show up to the salon on time
- Boost business and get more bookings with email marketing and promotions
- Keep track of important client notes and booking history
- Attract new clients to your salon by highlighting their best reviews
Clients can easily discover and book beauty & barber appointments online. Whether you’re looking for pedicures, lash extensions, weaves, or new hairstyles, StyleSeat offers a convenient way to browse photos and reviews, get important pricing information, and book appointments at a time that works for you straight from your professional's calendar.
- Browse photos of hairstyles and color and find a salon that’s right for you.
- Never miss a massage with helpful appointment reminders.
- Book recurring appointments with your barber so your haircuts are always on schedule.
- Realize you need to get your nails or makeup done for a wedding but it’s too late to call your pro? Hop on StyleSeat, find their next opening, and book a manicure.
- Tired of the same hairstyles and nails? Browse the directory and find a stylist that’s a better match.
WHY STYLESEAT IS A MUST FOR INDEPENDENT PROFESSIONALS:
On average, stylists waste more than ten hours a week on various administrative and business tasks. Imagine how many appointments you could fill with those extra ten hours! StyleSeat does the busy work for you so you can focus on delivering great services and getting paid.
- Your service menu is online. Clients can look through your services, read the descriptions, and get pricing information so you can stop wasting time answering inquiries.
- Clients book themselves. You won’t have to schedule a single appointment — no phone calls, texts, or DMs. Once you share your schedule online, clients can find a time that works for them, put a credit card on file, and book an appointment. You get a notification once the appointment is booked and all you have to do is show up and work your magic.
- You get bookings 24/7 Allowing clients to book and reschedule 24/7 means you never miss out on the opportunity for a booking — no more phone tag, texting back and forth, or full inboxes.
- You can easily accept touchless payments with credit cards. Clients put a credit card on file so check out is quick and painless.
- You get detailed reports. See a breakdown of your daily/monthly/yearly sales, deposits, and transactions — no need to manually keep track.
- You get paid when clients don’t show up. The average stylist faces 1-2 no-shows a week. For some, that can add up to nearly $5,000 a year. Set up a no-show late cancellation policy and clients will be required to enter a credit card when they book.
Start the year off strong with StyleSeat. Double your revenue in the first year with features that help you get exposure to new clients, fill cancellations, and get paid more for popular time slots.
Discovering your ideal beauty or barber professionals has never been easier. Browse photos, read reviews, and get service information. Trying to book a popular hairstylist? Get notified when they have openings, and book yourself a facial or pedicure while you wait.
Ratings and Reviews
Beyond Useful (Only Used for Natural Hair)
I really struggle going to a new town and finding hairstylists for natural hair. Especially in smaller, less diversified places. My best shot was to go to bigger cities which is too much of a drive. This app has helped me find hidden gem stylists that were practically down the street, and even going out of town, I can book a stylist before I get there, but is close to my destination! This has been a game changer. Please be aware that it is still a struggle to find natural stylists that aren’t far away, and the app is not perfect when it comes to categorizing stylists. I have also had issues where I decide to pay in cash, I turn off the autopay function then end up getting double charged. A bug I hope they fix without stylist intervention. I get uncomfortable leaving without paying since the app charges after the appointment is over, but the autopay works XD! Fortunately the stylists have been understanding, but it is definitely something to keep your eye on. I can appreciate the respect and protections that the app gives stylists. I also greatly appreciate how it puts them on the map, particularly in the natural hair industry, where they are already hard to find.
Not Business Friendly
I have been using StyleSeat for eight years!! The honeymoon years were great when there was no monthly fee and my clients weren’t charged to booked. After the monthly fee for stylists was set everything about the quality seemed to change. My issue isn’t the monthly fee but it seemed to give StyleSeat a false sense of permission to control my appointments. I’m aware that there is a commission based type booking option but why would I pay StyleSeat for the work I do. Especially if I’m not getting business friendly performance from it. I’ve tried adjusting the premium pricing but it keeps resurfacing. I’ve turned off the auto-checkout and my clients have also but it is still set when my clients book. And it can’t be removed. I don’t accept normally payments thru StyleSeat because there’s another 3% fee on top of the monthly fee I pay and the $1 for booking that my clients pay. But the auto-checkout forces me to accept payment thru StyleSeat and receive a payout minus their cut. And at least 5 times out of the week I try to access my calendar and I literally get a blank screen for extended periods of time. Sometimes i cannot even tell my client what their total is because I’m looking at a blank white screen! I’ve tried resetting the app and I even bought a new phone. I’m at my wits end and ready to switch to another booking application. This app slows me down in checking out clients and it makes me look unprofessional and unorganized in front of my clients.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, first and foremost, I want to thank you for being a long-time StyleSeat Professional we appreciate it more than you know! We also appreciate your feedback. Our community's input is vital to our ability to develop a product that ultimately makes your life easier.
We always aim to provide a smooth booking experience for your clients from reminders to re-book, to paying for their appointment in just a few taps. To run your business effectively and cover operational costs such as marketing, a recommendations engine, and a payments platform, we've applied this booking fee. There are many more exciting features for your clients in the pipeline.
Automatic checkout provides a quick, safe, and easy way to check out your clients. Automatic checkout is a requirement for some of our growth features that help you earn more revenue and build your clientele. If you chose to opt out entirely you may miss out on the benefits of these features. We would love to help. I member of our Success Team will be in touch with you shortly to help troubleshoot any issues you are having. Thanks so much.
Inconvenienced and FED UP!!!!
I have been using StyleSeat since August 2016. It took some time to get adjusted to the way things work with them. And I started liking it, even started using them for deposits. BIG MISTAKE!!! I had to reach out to them recently about a deposit of mine and they took FOREVER to respond. There’s no phone number to call, if you email over the weekend, you can forget about even getting a response. With square, I can change my debit card information for deposits, and still be able to receive my deposit the same day. With StyleSeat, they hold on to the money. I understand it is for precautionary measures, but there should be a more convenient way of verifying changes so that way it doesn’t stop the process for business owners. I expressed this to them three times and told them how I would be leaving StyleSeat because of how inconvenient it is and they basically said ok. Yesterday they confirmed with me that my deposit was going to the account that I had just updated it to. This morning i checked and they sent it to the WRONG ACCOUNT!!! So now I won’t even see my money!!! (I changed accounts for a reason) I get that I’m not the only stylist utilizing StyleSeat, however, QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE goes a very long way and they lack it. So I refuse to keep paying $35 a month when I can’t even speak to a real person or get an quicker reply. I’m fed up, and I’m done!!! StyleSeat will not get my business any longer. I will be transitioning out.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having this experience. Please lookout for an email from our support team. Would you mind writing in to our support team again at firstname.lastname@example.org with "App Review" as the subject? I want to be sure you were taken care of.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- StyleSeat, Inc.
- 84.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 StyleSeat
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.