The powerful plain text and source editor thats native on macOS. Free and open source.
The app that started the collaborative editing revolution is back. Write articles, code, notes or meeting minutes with friends – wherever they are. Ideal for extreme programming sessions.
SubEthaEdit kickstarted collaborative editing with its easy and immediate way to connect and edit. Just add your co-workers to the document and start typing. No complicated setup, browser or Internet required.
2003 Apple Design Award Winner.
• Extensible architecture for custom modes for your favorite language or format
• Regular expression search and replace
• Extensive support for converting and reading text-encodings
• Bracket matching
• Code folding
• Autocomplete based on your content
• Word counter, invisible characters
• Collaboration over the Internet or the local network
• Read-only mode for network documents
• Public and private network documents
• Updated expired certificate on the see tool installer
• Fixed issues with german localization
Ratings and Reviews
Nice and clean editor, missing column-mode
This is a very nice and clean editor that I like quite a bit. It's also fast. What's a bother is that it doesn't have good column mode editing. TextMate for example has an ingeniously intuitive column mode where you can simply option-select or mouse click select and then edit multiple lines at once, even when moving to the end of the line to keep editing. SubEthaEdit is trying that but its block mode isn't working well at all. I sincerely hope that the developers can iron out those quirks and also give it better brace/parenthesis/bracket matching.
Would like more extentions
Looks good an runs smooth
PLEASE create an editor for R...
Outstanding lightweight editor
Low overhead, quick loading, clean UI, and a direct, lightweight text editor. Not Notes, not TextEdit, not (gaah) Pages or (spew) Word.
There are many many many cases where all you need is a quick light editor. And there are plenty of cases where you might want to do some simple HTML or script altering without loading an entire web IDE.
And there are plenty of apps that do those things, but this one loads fast, doesn't make a fuss of itself, and lets you get the job done quickly.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dominik Wagner
- 14.5 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Lone Monkey Productions, Dominik Wagner