SubMOA is a mobile app designed for shooting sports enthusiasts, especially precision rifle shooters.
1. Use phone's back camera capture properly scaled target pictures
2. Allow pick target picture from device library
3. Allow manually set actual size on target picture
4. Allow re-analysis target
5. Calculate group size, point of impact by analyzing target picture
6. Generate analyzed target pictures for record keeping and easy sharing
7. Record equipment setup along with the target pictures
8. Record shooting conditions such as temperature, wind condition
9. Manage the records of shooting results
10. Share the target picture from Camera Roll
11. Allow analyze and record multiple groups on the same target
12. Allow user change font size of labels
13. Support metric system
14. Allow user select MOA or MIL as accuracy unit.
15. Calculate group mean radius
16. Allow user attach equipment picture on target
1. Improved UI on iPad and full screen iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
It’s free so you can’t really complain
- You can’t zoom in enough to properly mark shots.
- The X axis is reversed so you’re constantly moving the cursor in the wrong direction. It should have the same orientation as the native photos app.
- The instructions are very sparse.
- It should automatically add the details when you finally save the group. Having to remark everything because you didn’t add the details is frustrating. Especially because of the reversed X axis.
- The graphics for the marked shots get in the way of marking other ones. It needs to hold off on adding them until you’ve marked all of them.
It took me a while, but I finally figured out how to make full use of the app. It’s a wee bit buggy, but for a free app, I am certainly not complaining. This app is very useful for ascertaining the exact POI of your group and thereby leveraging the most consistent result from your firearm by sighting in 100% correctly. A rifle is easy to sight in when groups are small cloverleafs. However, when things open up a bit and there are “flyers” involved, it is a little more difficult to nail down your exact POI. This app makes quick work of figuring that out, and has quite a few extremely useful features hidden under the hood if you have the patience to fully learn how to use all of the features of the app. I’m really impressed!
Best I know of.
You can do what this does by hand but it’s time consuming. Thus app marks your shots and gives you group sizes. Interface could be more intuitive but it’s the best app for the purpose I’ve found.
- Haiyuan Wang
- 28.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Reloader's Cloud
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.