Subs Factory makes subtitling easier ! It is a powerful utility designed to perform the creation, modification and resynchronization of subtitles efficiently. Featuring advanced functions, it allows you to do whatever you want with your subtitles.
It mainly works with .srt files, but also allows to open some .sub files.
- Creation, deletion and modification of subtitles (text, duration, position,...).
- Very simple resynchronization by choosing two reference subtitles.
- Changes can be immediately viewed on video.
- Timeline displaying subtitles and audio waveforms.
- Advanced search and replace function.
- Split and merge subtitle files.
- On-the-fly subtitling-standards compliance checking (with modifiable settings).
- Text encoding management.
- Transforming plain text into subtitles.
- Open several subtitle files side-by-side (eg. for resynchronization or translation)
- Open and export .srt (SubRip), .sub (MicroDVD, subtitles indexed by image number), .txt (plain text) or .tsv (compatible with most spreadsheets) files.
- Full Touch Bar support.
- Dark mode support.
- Complete video playback functions (including multitrack files, speed change and backward play).
- Working with keyboard only is easy.
- An user's manual is included.
- Waveforms now appear correctly for files where soundtrack is before video track.
- Output .srt format has been fixed.
- Unimplemented text format removed from export menu.
Ratings and Reviews
A Hidden Treasure
By any standard this is an economical app. However, I keep using it every time that I subtitle a video. And it's not because I don't have others. The fact is that I have most of them on my computer. I love it because it's simply clean, elegant and easy to use.
Best of all, the developer actually answers my emails and implements many of my suggestions. Together we have taken this app from great to outstanding.
Terrific New Version!
I'm ever so pleased with Pierre's revision of Subs Factory. Adding Waveform is a huge plus. His sole work in life isn't devoted to his Subs Factory app. Thus, he revises the App nicely when he has rare extra time.
I suggested adding hashmarks for seconds and 1/4 seconds above the waveform. Pierre liked the idea, but he doesn't have the time to do it anytime soon. I happily will continue using Pierre's App, and I recommend it to hardcore subtitlers.
A Great Improvement
I've used the pre-App Store version now and then, and felt that it struck the right balance of powerful features and ease of use compared to other products. I was happy to support the developer when this app arrived on the App Store, but I didn't realize how many improvements had gone into the 2.0 release. The single window is more manageable than the multiple windows and pallets of previous releases and it's still customizable by showing just the parts that you need. The improved visual feedback on the timeline is great and the navigation controls are better than ever. I've been able to figure most things out without going to the documentation, but it's there if I need it and clearly walks you through many common uses. I suggested a minor feature addition to the developer and he added it into the next release.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 40.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Phylica
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.