Subs Factory makes subtitling easier ! It is a powerful utility designed to perform the creation, modification and resynchronization of subtitles efficiently. Featuring advanced functions, it allows you to do whatever you want with your subtitles.
It mainly works with .srt files, but also allows to open some .sub files.
- Creation, deletion and modification of subtitles (text, duration, position,...).
- Very simple resynchronization by choosing two reference subtitles.
- Changes can be immediately viewed on video.
- Timeline displaying subtitles and audio waveforms.
- Advanced search and replace function.
- Split and merge subtitle files.
- On-the-fly subtitling-standards compliance checking (with modifiable settings).
- Text encoding management.
- Transforming plain text into subtitles.
- Open several subtitle files side-by-side (eg. for resynchronization or translation)
- Open and export .srt (SubRip), .sub (MicroDVD, subtitles indexed by image number), .txt (plain text) or .tsv (compatible with most spreadsheets) files.
- Full Touch Bar support.
- Dark mode support.
- Complete video playback functions (including multitrack files, speed change and backward play).
- Working with keyboard only is easy.
- An user's manual is included.
- Subtitles display can now be restricted to the normal size, and to the video bounds.
- Subtitle edition can now be independent from subtitle currently playing.
- Edited subtitle is now highlighted in the timeline.
- Clicking on a subtitle in the timeline now selects it for edition.
- Added "Change couples of markers to subtitles" menu and keyboard shortcut.
- Default end marker and default second anchor marker in "ReSync" popover are now set to last marker.
- User's manual has been updated.
- Now correctly selecting the default encoding at export.
- When no video was loaded, clicking on a subtitle made the counter run. Not anymore.
- Fixed a display bug with automatic Dark/Light mode selection.
- Corrected some bugs appearing when video is shorter than subtitles file.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Hidden Treasure
By any standard this is an economical app. However, I keep using it every time that I subtitle a video. And it's not because I don't have others. The fact is that I have most of them on my computer. I love it because it's simply clean, elegant and easy to use.
Best of all, the developer actually answers my emails and implements many of my suggestions. Together we have taken this app from great to outstanding.
A Great Improvement
I've used the pre-App Store version now and then, and felt that it struck the right balance of powerful features and ease of use compared to other products. I was happy to support the developer when this app arrived on the App Store, but I didn't realize how many improvements had gone into the 2.0 release. The single window is more manageable than the multiple windows and pallets of previous releases and it's still customizable by showing just the parts that you need. The improved visual feedback on the timeline is great and the navigation controls are better than ever. I've been able to figure most things out without going to the documentation, but it's there if I need it and clearly walks you through many common uses. I suggested a minor feature addition to the developer and he added it into the next release.
I am on my fist film, and after looking at many programs to create subtitles, i found this one and it is just great.
I would like a new option in upcoming updates , that when i close the project it will ask me if i like to save it…..
so that i don't have to scream so much for lost changes.. :)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.