Subs Factory makes subtitling easier! It is a powerful utility designed to perform the creation, modification and resynchronization of subtitles efficiently. Featuring advanced functions, it allows you to do whatever you want with your subtitles.
It is designed for .srt files, but can also work with some other formats.
- Creation, deletion and modification of subtitles (text, duration, timing, size, color,...).
- Very simple resynchronization by choosing two reference subtitles.
- Automatic translation in more than 100 languages (requires In-App purchase - free trial).
- Changes can be immediately viewed on video.
- Wide range of video codecs accepted.
- Powerful timeline displaying subtitles and audio waveforms.
- Working with keyboard only is easy, due to numerous shortcuts.
- On-the-fly subtitling-standards compliance checking (with modifiable settings).
- Split and merge subtitle files.
- Subtitles extraction from video file (SubRip/SRT tracks only).
- Advanced search and replace function.
- Text encoding management.
- Transformation of plain text into subtitles.
- Open several subtitle files side-by-side (eg. for resynchronization or translation)
- Open and export .srt (SubRip), .sub (MicroDVD, subtitles indexed by image number), .txt (plain text) or .tsv (compatible with most spreadsheets) files.
- Creation of custom export formats.
- Full Touch Bar support.
- Dark mode support.
- Complete video playback functions (including multitrack files, speed change and backward play).
- An user's manual is included.
- Video files with a track that cannot be decoded by ffmpeg now display waveforms, and their subtitles can be extracted.
- All fields in the resynchronization popover are now accessible by the tab key.
- When entering a time in standard format, if more than three digits are entered after the comma, the last ones are ignored.
- In the case where a subtitle track does not have any subtitle, the track is no longer automatically deselected during playback.
- In the resynchronization summary sentence, the indication of the affected subtitles is now correct.
- Several causes of crashes have been eliminated.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing!!!
By any standard this is an economical app. However, I keep using it every time that I subtitle a video. And it's not because I don't have others. The fact is that I have most of them on my computer. I love this one because it's simply clean, elegant and easy to use.
Best of all, the developer actually answers my emails and implements many of my suggestions. Together we have taken this app from great to outstanding.
Terrific New Version!
I'm ever so pleased with Pierre's revision of Subs Factory. Adding Waveform is a huge plus. His sole work in life isn't devoted to his Subs Factory app. Thus, he revises the App nicely when he has rare extra time.
I suggested adding hashmarks for seconds and 1/4 seconds above the waveform. Pierre liked the idea, but he doesn't have the time to do it anytime soon. I happily will continue using Pierre's App, and I recommend it to hardcore subtitlers.
A Must Have!
If you need to do Subtitling on a Mac - this is the app! I have used this for over a year and the author provides constant updates which always improves this application.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 45.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 Phylica
- In-App Purchases
- Translation - Free trial $0.00
- Translation - 20k characters $0.99
- Translation - 50k characters $1.99
- Translation - 1M characters $22.99
- Translation - 100k characters $2.99
- Translation - 500k characters $12.99