* Multiplayer Game of the Year 2015 by Pocket Tactics *
* Best Mobile Games of 2015 by CNET *
* 10 Best Mobile Games of 2015 by Red Bull *
Subterfuge is a week-long multiplayer game of strategy and diplomacy that plays out in real time. Gather intelligence, coordinate with other players, issue orders, and influence how the game unfolds. Master both strategy and diplomacy to come out on top.
"One of the best strategy games I've played all year. And it's on my iPhone, of all places." -- Polygon
"Subterfuge is the perfect mobile game for someone looking for an in-depth strategy game you can play for 5 minutes at a time or stare at your phone for 45 minutes plotting schemes and executing flawlessly timed maneuvers" -- TouchArcade
"In a world of single-serving iPhone distraction, Subterfuge is a remarkable standout, a booming four-course meal of strategy, diplomacy, and damn fine gameplay." -- The Daily Dot
"A diplomacy system more dynamic and tense than a Middle East peace talk." -- Gamespresso
“The designers, to their credit, have created a truly bottomless puzzle. This app is hypnotizing” -- Quintin Smith (Cool Ghosts)
Features unlocked by buying Level 2 Security Clearance IAP:
* Unlimited scheduled orders
* Create private games
* Play in rated games
* Play multiple games simultaneously
* Keep notes about other players
Effects of multiple Kings don't stack anymore.
Fixed rare bug with Saboteur instantly transporting drillers.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Being able to strategically outmaneuver a computer-controlled opponent is one thing, but when you bring human cunning into the equation, things get mighty deep. Subterfuge will have you mining resources, dispatching submarine fleets to capture outposts, and recruiting powerful specialists. But watch out for opposing players with their own devious agendas. The game’s most brilliant hook—diplomatic negotiation via a built-in chat feature—lets you forge (and torpedo) alliances over the course of epic matches.
Brilliant game why did it get abandoned?
I love this game and continue to return to it every so often until I end up in an infuriating situation, delete the app, and go into hibernating. Well I’m back again and decided to write a review this time. Things to know:
1. Buying the level 2 ranking is worth it, albeit a bit overpriced at $9.99. This wouldn’t be too much to ask if not for point #2
2. The devs utterly abandoned this brilliant game and should be ashamed of themselves for it. The only QoL improvement they’ve ever come out with was when they fixed the King specialist to prevent it from stacking, which was a godsend because it opened up the game to not simply being a race between all players to see who gets the most Kings as possible, every single match. Other than that? Radio silence.
3. Watch out for my slew of solo vessels w/ no subs and 1 useless spec a piece which take out 50 subs per shot, before returning to my nearest base becaue I have a playa diplomat with a harem of princesses at his side ! Your stack of engineers don’t mean crap to me.
Great Strategy Game
A very well executed that will make you addicted. The only Con I have for this game is that the times take way too long. Each game is expected to last a week long, they should shorten it to 3-5 days. I gladly payed to support this development team and to play unlimited games at a time.
If the developers ever read this....you guys should introduce an Alliance feature to the game. Mainly everyone who plays to win always join up with another person, whether it's a truce between one person or an alliance between multiple, diplomacy is a very important aspect of the game. That being said, there should be an in-game option/feature that allows players to join/create an alliance that is recognized by the game. The alliance can be a public alliance, which makes it visible to everyone playing, or it can be a secret alliance, which doesn't display the relationship to anyone not included. The plus side of having a public alliance is that you'd be able to see your allies sonar range, which leads to better coordination and effectiveness with your allies. The balance of this feature is that public alliances are now known to everyone and ultimately puts a target on the player's back. Secret alliances wouldn't be displayed, as mentioned above, but they also wouldn't benefit from shared sonar range.
Hopefully this becomes a noticed feature and can be implemented in the future. Feel free to tweak with the idea, but please make this happen!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Snappy Touch
- 48.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Noel and Ron
- In-App Purchases
- Level 2 Security Clearance $9.99
- Medal $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.