Subtitle Edit is the editing part from Subtitle Studio, the only subtitle and chapter marks solution you will ever need. Find, adjust, Tap2Sync, edit, create, embed. Everything in one App and we are just getting started.
It’s great to watch movies in their original language. Subtitles help that everybody can enjoy the movie.
With Subtitle Edit, it’s as easy as 1-2-3 or maybe even easier.
Make sure Subtitle Edit is the right choice, as we have not yet found a way to allow upgrading to Subtitle Studio cheaper then full price. http://SubtitleStudio.TheKeptPromise.com
If you accidentally bought the wrong version for you, please contact our Support via our website.
LIFE UNTIL NOW
Do you hate badly synced subtitles?
Are you annoyed by all the typos?
Are you frustrated by the spoilers of too early subtitles?
Did you waste a lot of time on finding one well synced subtitle?
Do you fear even creating your own?
Subtitle Edit can just vaporize those nightmares!
We want to be the only subtitle app you ever need. For this our app includes a direct submission of feature requests. Tell us your needs, we are listening.
We will pick the most wished for on Facebook and Twitter.
YOU decide what the future will bring!
It’s all there and it’s all fun to use:
• Just drop your movie onto Subtitle Edit
• Drop a subtitle on Subtitle Edit (for auto-search get Subtitle Studio)
• Sync subtitle with a single big button – it’s just that easy
Hit save and you’re done!
Our Tutorial will guide you!
… YET —PRO—WERFUL!
Subtitle Edit features:
• Full M4V (also MP4, MOV) workflow: extract, edit,embed
• Embed your subtitles into a new fully optimized M4V file, for AppleTV, iPhone,
• Embed your chapter marks into a new fully optimized M4V file, for AppleTV, iPhone,
• iPad and all other typical players
• For a non embedding workflow most other video formats are supported, too: MKV, AVI, DivX,…
• Save subtitles to SRT
• Save chapter marks to VTT
• Read from srt, sub, txt, ass, ssa, vtt
• Import SubRip, SubViewer, MicroDVD, Sub Studio Alpha, WebVTT files
• Export as SubRip (SRT) or WebVTT (VTT), with any encoding (optionally with Windows line breaks)
• Preference for default encoding
• Innovative Tap2Sync – when you have the text, but no timing
• Add multiple languages
• Add multiple versions of the same language
• Subtitle Studio organizes your subtitle files for you
• Create your subtitle from scratch
• Fix the first and last line, Subtitle Studio does the rest
• subtitle shifting
• Alternatively fix single subtitles
• Direct subtitle text edit
• keyboard fast editing
• Search subtitle texts
• Easy Search & Replace function
• Remove unwanted lines
• Add subtitle lines (think about a missing scene, etc.)
• Add any number of subtitle language
Subtitle Studio: http://SubtitleStudio.TheKeptPromise.com
• Dark Mode support
• Embedding Queue: You can now set how many files can be embed at the same time the rest is enqueued
• VLCKit replaces Quicktime as fallback framework. For modern frameworks still Apple's amazing AVKit is used.
• With the removal of Quicktime the conversion option is also removed.
• Many bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good but buggy
This one is quite easy to use but quite buggy.
* Mostly fails to launch. Have you developers never tried it? I always have to try a couple or more than 10 times to launch it successfully.
* I’m using Korean keyboard as well and sometimes arrow keys just respond with beeps without any reasons. When it happens, I need to switch the input language from Korean to English and then to Korean again to make it work again. Since I’m using this app to make Korean subtitles, it really annoys.
* No editing short cut keys working when I’m editing at the large input box right bottom of the controls.
With fixing those issues, especially the first one, this app will be the best.
Paid Version doesn't work
I downloaded the trial version. Everything worked fine except allowing me to save the finished modified video. Then I paid for the full version on the Mac App Store. Now it won't let me open any videos. It keeps nagging me for write permissions to the folder. I tried everything I can think of, google, and tricks I use in my technical employment. Nothing lets me edit videos with the paid version. I'm getting my money back!!!
Awkward workflow, buggy operation, but hey - it looks pretty
I spent a couple hours trying to figure out how to use this. Kitchy features that are supposed to make things easier get in the way of simple operations like chaging the duration of a subtitle. There’s an “Audio” menu with nothing in it. The tool tip popups give keyboard shortcuts that are inaccurate if any shortcut appears at all. These are the details that I would shrug off if this app were reasonably priced at $5 or less. At this price, app developers are held to a certain standard. These guys can’t hang. Hire some real filmmakers or professional developers before you go into this price range.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.