This app is also available for iPad and iPhone!
★ Mentioned in TUAW's hand-picked selections of Daily Deals - TUAW.com
★ Golden App Award - appsforhomeschooling.com,
"I have NEVER formally taught my five-year-old subtraction, and she GETS Subtracting Sardines. Right from her very first go at it, all the way up to nines, even the negative numbers! She’s currently scoring 100% in this app, which blows me away"
★ "With the help of one friendly penguin, and a whole lotta sardines, practicing subtraction goes from boring to fun. Help your children practice subtraction skills on-the-go with this vibrant, kid-friendly app" - Best Apps for Kids, bestappsforkids.com
★ "I found Subtracting Sardines and Adding Apples to be clever takes on Math manipulatives and a fun way to teach basic addition and subtraction skills" - The iPhone Mom, theiphonemom.com
★ "Another wonderful app from the makers of 'Adding Apples' " - Technology in Education, techinspecialed.com
★ "We recently reviewed the Adding apples so when we were told about this, we are curious to know how they handle the subtraction. They did managed to pull this off with flying colors." - Technology in Education, techinspecialed.com
★ "Subtracting Sardines is definitely worth purchasing for children beginning to learn subtraction. Children will have fun and conceptually learn the principles of subtraction from this app" - iHeartThisApp.com
Subtracting Sardines is a fun learning experience with appealing and interactive 3D graphics. This new software is highly intuitive and with many elements to explore, discover and learn! The natural and logical interaction will help your child to develop a solid understanding of basic mathematics.
LEARN HOW TO:
• Solve math subtraction from 1-9 right up to 9-9
• Count from -8 to 8, both visually and verbally (US English)
• Develops Conceptual Understanding
• Builds Confidence
( For variation and to make sure all numbers are used and in different combinations, current keys are marked as done on correct subtraction. When all keys are marked they will reset. This can be disabled in the Settings )
• Large Cartoon Hand Cursor
• Max monitor resolution in Fullscreen mode
• HD resolution in windowed mode
• OS X Lion Compatible
• Also available for iPad
• Interacting with the Sardines (real 3D physics)
• Interacting with the earned Gold Coins (real 3D physics)
• Seeing how the Penguin on the keypad reacts to various user input
• Exploring appealing animations and sounds
• Receiving a Gold Coin for each correct answer
• Collecting Gold Coins, and working towards 3 different trophies
• Seeing statistics on your collected Gold Coins and Sardines
• Put the Sardines into ice blocks while counting them
• Brush remove fish bones while counting them
• Reset all
• Automatic Clear and Plus keys - On/Off
• Music - On/Off
• Fullscreen Toggle
Additional statistics for the teacher/parent:
• Accuracy History on each achievement
• Correct subtractions
• Incorrect subtractions
Preschool, Kindergarten, Grades: 1 - 3
Support us by writing a review or rating the app! Your feedback is much appreciated! If you have any other questions, please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contains In App Purchases
- Does not contain Social Network Integration
- Includes external links to our developer page on App Store, Facebook and Twitter pages
- Includes external link to our support email
✓ Added option to set the highest number to practice (will let you subtract up to e.g. 4-4)
✓ Create up to three accounts for multiple children.
✓ Saves statistics and trophies for each child
✓ Check statistics for all children at a glance in the new start menu
✓ Customize and save settings for each child
✓ Check off used numbers to encourage diverse addition problems or leave free after use for flexibility and repeated practice
✓ Better memory management
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent! First class visuals and teaching tool!
When my wife (who homeschools) dowloaded this app for free I was skeptical. Once I saw how well it worked and the fun visuals, it was obvious that this wasn't your average "free" app. We have been able to implement it into our 8 year olds curriculum and he loves it. It is so fun, we have actually been able to add this app as a reward, even though he hates math. Plus, he just told me to rate it 1800 stars.
homeschooling mom of 4
My husband set this up on my computer for my 4 year old to use during our homeschool time. My 4 year old was thoroughly interested and I could see him counting the number of sardines left over. It is great to have an introductory math game for him. The older children wanted to get involved because it sounded so fun. Thank you.
Wonderful classroom fun!
I am letting the students in my first grade class write this review. "It's fun because I like to do math a lot." "I love this game because it is easy for me!" "I like this game because it's funny when the bones come out." "It's funny when the penguin says-Minus-in that funny voice." "When you're done with all the numbers, it does funny voices!"
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.