Sudden Strike is back! The beloved Real Time Strategy series returns, this time with bigger battlefields, more units, better graphics, new scenarios and legendary commanders with individual abilities – all of which makes Sudden Strike 4 more tactical and realistic than ever before!
Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War 2. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle; like the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger.
In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your strategic expertise in over 20 demanding singleplayer scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode and the ultra-competitive multiplayer mode. Excellence will be rewarded through a unique reward system, where successfully completing missions will unlock exclusive content, such as historical film footage from the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmaneuver the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting.
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles.
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Optional „Pause & Play“ for more tactical depth
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane.
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode.
Processor: 2.0 GHz
Graphics Card: 2 GB RAM
Free Harddisk Space: 12 GB
macOS: version 10.11 (El Capitan)
All MacBook Pro end of 2013 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All iMacs end of 2013 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All iMacs with Retina Display end of 2014 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All Mac Pros end of 2013 or later
CONTACTING THE DEVELOPER
Problems, praise, criticism:
Visit www.kalypsomedia.com or contact us directly at email@example.com
- Fixed a bug, which prevented players from finishing the Pacific War DLC’s first US mission in challenge mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused tanks to disappear when selecting a deployed MG and a tank and then giving the order to “pack up”.
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly displayed 40 stars for the Allied campaign in the vanilla game, instead of 28.
- Fixed the date for „The battle of Santa Cruz”
Ratings and Reviews
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME TO PLAY ON A MACBOOK PRO
I’ve never played a video game since I purchased my MacBook Pro, so I decided to purchase Sudden Strike 4 since I used to play the older version back in the day. Worst mistake I’ve made this year. Do NOT purchase this game to play on a Macbook. It does NOT work properly and your laptop will overheat.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. An update is on the way and should fix your problem on the Macbook as well.
Could be good
Great game, but weird graphics issues (When I turn it to low, it stays on high). They just made a update to fix it, hopefully it works now. If it does, then 5 stars.
Updated! Now works perfectly. Amazing game. I dont suggets buying it if you have a Intel HD Graphics card, it may not be able to handle it. If it does, it will only work on low quality.
I would suggest either a Iris or GeForce graphics card. You can try an Intel HD, not saying it will be amazing. However, this is made for the Mac so you can give it a try.
It’s your money, not mine.
I wanted my money back by the tutorial
I used to play Company of Heroes back in the day on windows where the tutorial was fine but then game would constantly crash. This game which resembles COH doesn’t even make me want to play past the tutorial. I have a 2015 iMac with 3.3 i5, 24 Gb of memory and AMD r9 2049MB and it runs SO badly. How can you not have a tutorial that runs well!!!
I feel like I’ve stepped back at least a decade. Wish I could get my money back on this turkey but the app store doesn’t allow that. Can’t believe this was highly rated on at least two review sites.
- Kalypso Media Group GmbH
- 8.1 GB
OS X 10.9.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Kalypso Media Group GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.