***APPLE-FEATURED GAME OF THE DAY IN 40+ COUNTRIES***
THE WORLD’S BEST SUDOKU GAME WITH FULL APPLE PENCIL SUPPORT!
SUDOKU MASTER EDITION takes the world famous number puzzle to new heights with its minimalist, modern, and feature-rich design.
We meticulously designed the game from the ground up: whether you’re a seasoned Sudoku addict or new to this easy to learn, but hard to master brain teaser - our version of this classic logic puzzle can be customized to your needs and preferences, including some you didn’t even know you needed!
Download the world’s #1 number puzzler for FREE and enjoy a plethora of features & cool extras like:
* FONTS: 26 finely curated ones to be exact.
* COLORS: Our modern custom color palette makes it easier for you to find the right hue for your numbers, notes, and highlights.
* LIGHTNING MODE: Do you feel like filling in a bunch of 4’s in a row? Hit the new Lightning Bolt icon, select a number, and tap away!
* MISTAKE MODE: When enabled, it bounces out incorrect numbers.
* CLASSIC MODE: You can now leave your mistakes on the board.
* GAME BOARD: Choose from 2 sizes - they’re both equally minimalistic and pleasing on the eyes!
* LEVELS: Featuring 5 levels, ranging from “Easy” to “Master”.
* GRID STYLE: Adjust the line weight to whatever pleases YOUR eyes.
* ZEN MODE: Click on the lotus flower to remove ALL FEATURES, including the timer, points & error count, for the ultimate distraction-free gameplay. Relax :)
* NOTES: Leave a note if you’re uncertain - you can even select to have obsolete notes removed.
* APP ICONS: Choose from 13 icons to match YOUR home screen.
* DARK THEME: Because night owls enjoy a good game of Sudoku as well.
* MUSIC: We collaborated with ambient-music mastermind EARLYGUARD to provide you with a relaxing, zen soundtrack.
* HIGHLIGHT HELPER: Select any square and the corresponding row and column will highlight automatically to improve your focus.
* FORCE TOUCH: Start a new game with two taps. We timed it - you’ll be playing in 2 seconds flat!
- DAILY REMINDERS TO KEEP YOUR BRAIN ACTIVE
- 69 STICKERS FOR iMESSAGE
- AUTO COMPLETE
- QUICK MODE
- DISABLE BOARD ANIMATIONS
- TUTORIAL & HELP
- SHOW/HIDE STATUS BAR
- SHOW/HIDE SCORE ON THE PUZZLE SCREEN
- SHOW/HIDE TIMER
- AND MUCH MORE!
APPLE PENCIL INTEGRATION (Requires compatible iPad & Apple Pencil):
- PEN & PAPER EXPERIENCE: Jot down the numbers & notes with your APPLE PENCIL - directly into the square! SUDOKU MASTER EDITION’s latest handwriting integration recognizes everyone’s individual handwriting.
- NOTEPAD: Jot down ideas, sketches, or anything else that crosses your mind. Undo, redo, erase, and delete with a single tap.
No Apple Pencil? No need to scribble? No problem. Just toggle the notepad off & enjoy the game.
If you’re a leftie you’ll be pleased to find an option under SETTINGS to move your Notepad to the left side of the screen.
(Requires compatible iPad & Apple Pencil).
Finally, SUDOKU MASTER EDITION offers you everything you love about iOS, like Game Center Integration, beautifully designed icons to go in-line with iOS, and a contemporary interface.
And because we REALLY love Sudoku, we already have some incredible future features and updates in the works, so stay tuned!
We could tell you all about the bug fixes & improvements we’ve made under the hood, but we’d rather let you know that the app is even better & stable than it was last week.
If you have any issues, find any bugs or just want to say hi: email us at email@example.com! Thank you for your continued support!
Ratings and Reviews
Was much better before version 3...
This latest update has introduced a bunch of bugs. Some are so fundamental as to make the game almost unusable now - it doesn’t remove notes as it’s supposed to when a number is locked in to a row, and just now I noticed it actually let me enter the number 2 twice in one row. The auto-fill function (for when there’s just one number in a segment remaining) has also stopped working properly, and all of a sudden the Apple Pencil integration is allowing non-pencil input, drawing on the notepad or filling number boxes with handwriting even when I’m not using the pencil, just tapping the screen with my finger! Also, the numbers no longer “go away” when they’re all placed. It used to be that when you had 9x 2s, the 2 would disappear as an option. Now it stays there, even though you can’t use it any more.
This was definitely the best sudoku app in the App Store, up until two days ago. Now.... eh. Needs some help!
Edit: updating to 5 stars based on developer response and quick resolution of reported issues! Mistakes happen but what matters is how you respond to them. And this team responded exactly as they should. Thanks, guys!
Developer Response ,
UPDATED: Thanks so much for the revised review. We really are working super hard to make sure that problems are taken care of immediately. We do have some friends and family and even users who beta test for us but don't always catch stuff, then there are device specific issues. We are grateful for your understanding, patience, sticking with us when we have issues and most importantly: giving us the opportunity to correct them. Thank you again!
Please update to the latest version that was just released today Dec 3. We hope that you find the new version to be a much better experience than 1 star. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues or suggestions. Thank you for your support!
Version 3.0 introduced a new mode - Classic Mode, which is activated by default. Please go into your settings & switch back to Mistake Mode, where you can enable to have duplicates removed, turn Quick Mode back on, etc.
Hope this helps!
Bad scoring system
I'm new to Sudoku, so I'm not sure how it would typically be scored, but the way this game does it is silly. When you play a tile, the name of the tile is multiplied by a number which decreases as the timer counts up. This scoring system allows for a user to be presented with the "same" board as another, execute the exact same sequence of moves with the same timing, and come to a different score. To do this, all you must do is permute all of the tile names, i.e., replace all 1s with 9s, all 2s with 1s, all 3s with 2s and so on. This doesn't really change the board since you could replace the numbers with letters or glyphs and the structure of the soduko board remains the same - there is still one one of each type of tile in each row, column, and square.
For a perfectionist like myself, this scoring system causes me to constantly restart games until I get that perfect start that allows me to play a bunch of 9s in the beginning. Ideally, the tiles would count evenly, since it doesn't really matter which tiles you are playing. If you are playing tiles at all then you're making progress. My suggestion would be to instead measure how sparse the board is (since play is more difficult the fewer tiles on the board) and multiply this value by the value determined by the timer. There are of course other options. I just don't like the way it is done now.
Other than that, this app is awesome. 4/5
Ads were not removed after money was paid.
I downloaded the game and realized there were ads underneath the game being played. There were also loud and annoying ads after the game was completed. I paid $4.99 to remove ads. The ads are still there — all of them. I wrote the game support group to find out what I should have expected when I paid to remove ads, and I did not get a response. I think they are dishonest. My advise to anyone using this game is to play it with the ads and to not pay any money to remove the ads. No one will remove them, and no one will respond to you. If I could give a lower mark than one star, I would.
Update: It has only been one day, and after I heard from the developers, I tried their suggestion. The ads are now gone, and I couldn’t be happier with the game. I like playing this game, and I am happy to find out that the people who developed it care enough about it to take care of the people who play it. My apologies for jumping to conclusions; I have run into game developers who are not interested in how their game affects those who play it, and I am glad to see that you are not one of them.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry, we didn't receive your email.
Please try the following:
- Make sure you're signed into the iTunes Account that you used to pay to remove ads.
- Open Sudoku ME
- Go into the game's Settings
- Click on "Restore Purchases" on the very top.
That oughta fix it; if not, PLEASE email us: email@example.com
- Hoolatron Studios
- 139.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Hoolatron Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.