Play & master Sudoku. Improve your Sudoku skills by accepting the occasional hint. Sudoku Uno explains the reasoning behind hints. Learn and apply new solving techniques.
## Also available for Mac. Check our web site or the Mac App Store ##
Sudoku Uno can create a virtually infinite number of Sudoku boards.
Difficulty levels are determined by techniques to master, not by number of givens.
Sudoku Uno includes a powerful solver. Unlike most Sudoku solvers, Sudoku Uno solely relies on human logic. It does not brute force the game to find a solution. Instead it applies that same techniques you would apply.
This gives Sudoku Uno the unique ability to explain the reasoning behind the hints it gives you. When you ask Sudoku Uno for a hint your are not (only) cheating. You can actually improve your skills by learning the techniques used to solve Sudoku grids.
Sudoku Uno adapts to the way you like to play:
- Use green pencil notes to keep track of candidate values
- Or use red pencil notes to keep track of values you ruled out
- Optionally have Sudoku Uno help you with automatic pencil notes (*)
- Sudoku Uno can be set to block erroneous entries
(*) You are cheating only a little. The real thinking still needs to be done.
It is just more fun with automatic pencil notes. The boring bits are taken care of
- Millions of Sudoku boards with rotational symmetry
- Solvable by logic only. No guessing. No backtracking!
- Three levels of difficulty: easy, medium, hard
- Intelligent & educational hints. Explanations help improve your skills
- Green & red pencil notes. Aka. positive & negative markers
- Optional automatic pencil notes
- Optional blocking of erroneous entries
- Possibility to start over
- High scores
- Fixed a bug in the game timer
- Unified code base across Sudoku Uno for Mac, iPad and iPhone
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but could be better
I've enjoyed this a lot. I only have three issues:
- The app only remembers the high scores for the Easy level.
- It's very easy to hit the wrong number by accident and be dinged for an error.
- Would like an "autocomplete" feature that automatically fills in any squares that are down to just one possibility. This would save a lot of tedium at the end of working the puzzle.
Other than that, it's very friendly to work. It takes a little bit of getting used to to switch between modes (solve/add possibilities/subtract possibilities), but once you do it seems very easy and natural.
The developer, Houdah Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Houdah Software s.a r.l.
- 16 MB
- Requires iPadOS 5.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2013 Houdah Software s.à r.l.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.