With unlimited play at seventeen difficulty levels, novices and experienced players alike will appreciate :) Sudoku +. Our tutorial, extensive feature set, and advanced hint system offer something for every player. The more you play, the more you will enjoy it!
Our multi-stage hint system starts with a gentle reminder to get you back on track, and works up to an illustration of the exact technique to use and how it applies to the current board. Our hints ease those frustrating moments and teach you how to be a better player.
- Puzzle generator for unlimited play
- Scan puzzles from books/newspaper using camera
- 17 difficulty levels, something for everyone
- Tutorial teaches you new techniques
- Large, high contrast digits are easier to read
- Enter games from the newspaper
- Solver helps you with games from the newspaper
- Advanced techniques at the higher levels, including X-Wings, sashimi fish, and XY-Chains
- User interface optimized for fewer touches
- Choice of six color schemes
- Never covers up the board while you are playing
- Infinite undo/redo
- Undo to the last solvable position
- Board solvable indicator
- Automatic or manual pencil marks
- Save your game while you try alternatives
- Automatically saves your game when you get a phone call, switch applications, or lock the phone
- Highlighting helps you discover patterns
- Game clock; compares your time to other players
- Avoids graphic frills that distract from play
- Choice of digit styles, including Kanji and Hanzi
All games are true Sudoku, with symmetry and a single solution that can be discovered by logic alone. If you doubt that a puzzle can be solved by logic, simply have the hint system explain it to you step by step.
If you enjoy Sudoku, this is the app for you!
Fixed crashing bug in scan from camera and photo library.
Restored Play button in Style of Play description.
:) Sudoku + is now usable in Dark Mode, although still missing complete support.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Sudoku training game ever
I rarely write reviews but this game deserves one. I've tried lots of others in the app store just to get some variety but this is the best one, hands down. The range of difficulty is amazing, I can dial in exactly how hard I want it to be - some patterns are too hard or time consuming for my preference so I can dial it down but still keep it challenging. The tutorials are excellent, the way it compares your time against other players is great, and the puzzles themselves are top-notch. Can't say enough good things about this game. If I had to find an area of improvement it would be the graphics - they're functional but not as nice as some other games out there. But they're not too bad and there are some customization options which are nice. Great game and kudos to the developers!
Best iOS Sudoku - only one missing feature
Probably the best & most complete Sudoku app on iOS. I love the many difficulty levels and the built-in training & hint system as well as the ability to create puzzles from the camera and photo library. The only missing feature is having “central” pencil marks in addition to the standard corner marks. I like using the Snyder (corner) notation to keep track of when there are exactly two possible positions for a number in a square, but I would also like to note where an individual cell has restricted possible solutions. The only app I am aware of that does this is “Classic Sudoku” by Cracking the Cryptic. I wish :)Sudoku+ had this feature - then it would be the only Sudoku app I need!
Good but some flaws
This is a really fantastic sudoku app, and I use it pretty much daily. However, the developer no longer supports it.
One major issue that has cropped up is that it frequently serves puzzles that are one or two grades above what you choose. So choose “mild”, and you’re dealing with an “intricate” puzzle. It’s not consistent, though. And what’s worse is that there’s no indication this has happened until you find yourself stumped on what should be a puzzle that requires no advanced moves.
Beyond that, the “best” time displayed will change pretty constantly while you’re playing a puzzle, so you won’t know what your actual record is until you beat it. And just a complaint, the “lessons” for advanced moves, etc., are incomprehensible. You could have just sat on a keyboard and created clearer instructions than what’s there.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jason Linhart
- 5.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Jason T. Linhart
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.