Designed by teachers to promote daily, grade-level specific summer math practice. Help for kids going into grades 1-5 to retain those hard-earned math skills over summer break. Each grade-level module is available as an in-app purchase at just $5.99 for the entire summer.
Through daily practice, Math Star will help your child:
• Develop grade-level fact fluency in just 10-15 minutes per day.
• Stay the course with reminders to do the Math Star daily practice.
• Build their math confidence through guided practice.
• Improve reasoning and flexibility in problem solving through a variety of math concept activity questions
• Stay accountable with parent progress reports, so you’ll know how your child is doing.
Of all subjects, math is hardest hit by summer learning loss.
Summer break is a great time for children to relax and recharge, but it's also when learning loss occurs. Of all subjects, math is hardest hit by summer learning loss with an estimated 2.6 months of grade level equivalency in math skills lost over the summer months. Regular practice with problem solving, computation, and math logic preserve mathematical gains made during the school year.
Guided practice is important.
Unlike games that allow your child to choose which skills they practice (they like to work their strengths), our algorithm ensures they practice all their skills for 10-15 minutes a day over the summer break, keeping them sharp and ready for the next school year!
Curriculum is aligned with Common Core Math Standards.
Math Star curriculum is aligned with Common Core Math Standards and includes the following for each grade level purchase. For children going into:
• Grade 1 – counting to 20, addition within 10, subtraction within 10, number order up to 20, comparisons to 20
• Grade 2 – addition within 20, subtraction within 20, place value, odd and even, comparisons to 120
• Grade 3 – addition within 100, subtraction within 100, place value to the hundreds, fractions, comparisons to 1000
• Grade 4 – addition within 1000, subtraction within 1000, multiplication of single digit numbers, division with single digit divisors and quotients, place value to the thousands, fractions, comparisons to 1,000,000
• Grade 5 – addition of fractions, subtraction of fractions, multiplication of two-digit numbers, division with remainders, mixed fractions, comparisons of decimals and fractions
Added iPad Support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Summer Math App!
This is a great app for daily practice! I downloaded this app for my 3rd grader over spring break to test it out - LOVE IT! It takes around 10 minutes to finish a daily lesson and it’s easy to do anywhere on a mobile device. We will definitely be Math Star users this summer!
My daughter really enjoys this app. She asks to play it which is really like asking to study math. It is boosting her math confidence. The daily challenge is her favorite part- she tries to beat her own record. She also has fun changing the avatar. This will be great for summer review.
Perfect Summer Math Review!
I am a math teacher and a mom of a 4th and 5th grader. This app is perfect for reviewing math skills over the summer. I love the variety! It includes plenty of basic math facts along with other important skills. I will definitely recommend this to my students!
- Rise2Shine, LLC
- 30.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Air, iPad Air Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad (6th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Rise2Shine, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Grade Five Curriculum $5.99
- Grade Four Curriculum $5.99
- Grade Three Curriculum $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.